+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    And all JP are pedophiles who love sniffing used panties out of vending machines?

Lonely Island logic is Awesome.
    fixed

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Do they not like money? What's so difficult about the decision to whether or not release it in the states?
    I don't think that's what they're saying.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Maybe they are just trying to decide if they are going to release it in UMD format at all since I assume the Vita will be coming out around the time they would be bringing it here. They would pretty much be better off just releasing it on the PSN. Highly doubt they wouldn't bring it here though.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Maybe they are just trying to decide if they are going to release it in UMD format at all since I assume the Vita will be coming out around the time they would be bringing it here. They would pretty much be better off just releasing it on the PSN. Highly doubt they wouldn't bring it here though.
    ^ This

Since the announcement of the NGP + pricing, they realize that people aren't entering a growing market with a UMD-only release, and they'll have to adjust their plans if they need to submit for re-approval as a PSN + UMD game, or PSN-only game.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    ^ This

Since the announcement of the NGP + pricing, they realize that people aren't entering a growing market with a UMD-only release, and they'll have to adjust their plans if they need to submit for re-approval as a PSN + UMD game, or PSN-only game.
    If this is the case ill be fine with it since I'll be getting the Vita even better if it's available at launch. Would be nice if they would come out and say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i think they should do limited release on UMD, make it a LE thing, like the last of the UMD days.. and then make it available on PSN 2 days later

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Digital Distribution loses all meaning when the retail experience gets you the product faster. It's dumb to have a 'physical copy exclusive' but I wouldn't put SE past being dumb these days. Collector's Editions would be nice but honestly I have enough gaming related garbage sitting in boxes around my house to put in further investment for what is likely the last UMD game anyone will care about.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Unless it's a nice physical book full of concept art that I like, I could give a rats ass about limited/collector's editions of anything anymore. I have sunk way too much into those things in the past as well. If this was a PSN title, I would be as happy as a clam.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

yeah.. i'd think a limited physical release would only be warranted if it was special in some way.. like collectors edition booklet, freebies and what i mentioned, being a slightly earlier release date.

digital distro at that point still isnt useless because if Vita is just around the corner, people would totally shun physical purchases because they won't be able to transfer it to the Vita that way. Granted a lot of people would still already have PSPs that can play it, they'd likely want to have a transition where they can bring their games with them... this is why creating demand for the physical release through some form of exclusivity would actually be useful..

or alternatively, they could just not bother.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The PSP is constantly outselling the 3DS in Japan right now. I don't think the same thing is happening in the West.
    It's obvious why they'd have no doubt about releasing this game in Japan but outside is a totally different story. The PSP is pretty much dead so moving the title somewhere else would be a good move. With the PSP Remastered thing they could easily release the game as a PS3 product or wait for the Holyday season and make it a launch title for the PSVita. I'm sure Sony wouldn't mind a FF game on its list of launch titles.
    I wonder when we'll see the Gilgamesh DLC for Duodecim at this point though. If Type 0 isn't coming out here anytime soon I guess they'll just upload it on PSN instead of adding a code in the box.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/05...antasy-type-0/

Square Enix Looking Into Overseas Release Of Final Fantasy Type-0
    A more detailed summary of the Final Fantasy Type-0 interview is online. Most of the details were covered earlier, but this point is key.

Tetsuya Nomura said they are investigating a downloadable version and overseas version of Final Fantasy Type-0.

Other details from a rapid fire Q&A session with Famitsu note we’ll see famous monsters in the game, you can change party members and equipment at save points, and you will run into students from other classes who wear different colored mantles.

Final Fantasy Type-0 was slated for release this summer, but the interview says a delay is likely. Famitsu lists Final Fantasy Type-0 as a 2011 title instead of summer 2011.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/15...lled-pamphlet/

Final Fantasy Type-0′s Controls Explained In One Moogle Filled Pamphlet
    Square Enix will hold an event in Japan soon where Final Fantasy Type-0 will finally be playable. Attendees will get to fifteen minutes to try the game, which has been fine tuned with a lower difficulty for demo purposes only. Players can choose several missions and use roughly half of the game’s cast. Queen, Rem, Ace, Nine, Machina, King, and Sice are in the preview build.

So, how do you play Final Fantasy Type-0? This insert explains that.

The analog stick makes your character move and the D-pad controls the camera.Triangle is your basic attack button. Square is for attack magic. Circle uses your character’s ability and X is to defend. Hold the X button to cast recovery spells or move the analog stick at the same time to do a dodge roll. The select button is for items. Hold R to lock on to an enemy. You can use left and right on the D-pad to cycle through targets. Press down and you’ll lock on to the nearest enemy. After defeating an enemy, hold R and press up to lock on to the fallen foe. Then press circle to absorb phantoma, which recovers some MP.

Hold the L button and press right on the D-pad to rotate through the three characters in your party. If one of the three main members are incapacitated, hold L and press up on the D-pad to bring a reserve unit in. Pressing triangle and circle at the same time summons a monster, but kills the summoner.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...director_post/

Final Fantasy Type-0: Only Fine Tuning and Debugging Remain

Director reflects on lengthy development and discusses tomorrow's demo.
    Final Fantasy Type-0 appears to be nearing completion. In a post at the game's development blog today, director Hajime Tabata said that all that remains in the game's development is tuning and debugging.

Tabata reflected a bit on the game's lengthy development. It's been three and a half years since the platform was switched from cell phones to PSP. Tabata says that, as you might expect, three and a half years feels like a long time for development, although he noted that The 3rd Birthday was the main project for about a year of that time.

Because of the lengthy development, they've managed to polish up the game and fill it with content, he added.

Type-0 will be seeing somewhat of a landmark tomorrow as it makes its playable debut at an Odaiba demo event. Square Enix shared a control chart for the demo build earlier today. You can see a translation here.

The demo will be limited to 15 minutes (depending on the crowds). To allow players to get the most of the game, the staff has prepared a special version called "Natsubi." This special version allows you to take on missions straight from your room, which serves as your base of operations. The special version also keeps the difficulty low.

You'll have access to seven characters: Queen, Rem, Ace, Nine, Machina, King and Scythe. In place of actual multiplayer, where you'd have other players coming into your game to support you in battle, the demo will use the game's fake multiplayer system, where you're supported by other students from your school.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

By the gods! I trust SE is smart enough to release this on PSV a couple of months after it's released. That is, since they don't plan to bring it to NA on PSP .

lol....

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

The analog stick makes your character move and the D-pad controls the camera.
    Nope! All excitement just died.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Thats what combat should be like in FFXIV...

And wtf dpad for camera? Thats gonna be so awkward.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks this game looks like trash. Also for a gameplay demo, no music?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks this game looks like trash. Also for a gameplay demo, no music?
    It's obviously a PSP or handheld game. I think it looks pretty decent, although I'm not a fan of hack n slash games (especially in FF game, y u do dis?)

Game looks alright, but the camera has me very worried. You need a really good camera set up and lock on system with an action game, or free and easy camera control...

Also, game looks great for a PSP. Considering the genre and all, they've optimized well.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I don't see any dealbreakers with the camera control, it's lock on and lock off with target switching, like a lot of GTA games on the PSP.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It appears to be a bit more action-y hack&slash than I had originally hoped for.