+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    I don't see any dealbreakers with the camera control, it's lock on and lock off with target switching, like a lot of GTA games on the PSP.
    Lock on seems to get a little to close to the action and the camera swerves around when you move past them. Looks horrible to me, but I won't know until I try it.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...ro_crystarium/

"Crystarium" Spotted in Final Fantasy Type-0

Is Final Fantasy XIII's growth system getting shrunk down for PSP?
    Final Fantasy Type-0 shares a common mythology with Final Fantasy XIII. But it may have another connection.

A player who sampled Type-0 at a demo event in Odaiba today claims that there is a "Crystarium" of some form in the game. You use this strengthen your abilities.

Crystarium is, of course, the character growth system from Final Fantasy XIII. In FFXIII, each character has a set of roles, which are like jobs. You can use CP, earned in battle, to climb through a visual skill chart for each role, earning new skills and increasing your HP, MP and other parameters.

Assuming the account is accurate, this would be the first we've head of a Crystarium system in Type-0. Square Enix actually hasn't said much about the game's character growth component.

Some other points from the player's impressions included:

The end of the demo showed the text "Battle Starts Soon." It's unclear what this means, as a release date has not yet been announced. Perhaps we'll either get a release date soon, or the demo will be released on PSN.
    Famitsu's impressions mentioned support characters named Tabata D and Kitase P, named after the game's director and producer. This player was helped by a character named "WADY." CEO Yochi Wada perhaps? Another player found a "Nomura CP" who wielded dual guns and said "Sorry to have kept you waiting."
    The game's Kill Sight system felt similar to The 3rd Birthday's Overdive system according to this player.
    Famitsu's editor complained that the camera has some problems in tight quarters. This player had the same complaint.
    In the config menu, you can switch the game's L-shift buttons from the d-pad to the face buttons. L brings up a menu for switching characters and calling out your reserve characters. See this story for a control chart.
    There appears to be a battle stadium style area, although you couldn't go there in the demo.
    Separate from the above impressions, FF Reunion's Aibo posted some pics from the event space at his Twitter. Included are some nice shots of Rem and Machina, two primary characters from the game.
    http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...0_impressions/

Famitsu Delivers Final Fantasy Type-0 Impressions

Square Enix gives PSP title playable debut and also reveals new characters in a new trailer.
    Final Fantasy Type-0 is playable at Square Enix Odaiba Expo 2011 in sunny (actually, if I recall correctly, it's usually not sunny) Odaiba. Famitsu has first impressions along with images from the event.

The demo, titled "Natsubi" kicks off with an event, and leaves you at the gate of your magic school in control of Rem. The school courtyard is filled with students of different colored cloaks (the cloak color is an indication of their class -- you're in Class Zero) and Moogles.

Famitsu's editors entered an area called "Salon," which has NPCs selling items and a Moogle who gives you missions.

The demo build offered two missions, a training mission which teaches the controls and a mission where you face off against the Byakko (that's one of your rival nations) army. As the play time was limited to just fifteen minutes, Famitsu's editors decided to skip the demo.

The Famitsu editor was initially in a state of panic because the game uses so many buttons and lots of enemies came at him. It seriously does use a lot of buttons. See this story for a control chart.

After getting use to the controls, the Famitsu editor says he had no problems. He also said that the controls resemble The 3rd Birthday.

Type-0 has a multiplayer component where other players can enter your battle, temporarily taking over for one of your two other party members. For solo players, the game also allows for "fake" multiplayer sessions, with the computer controlling named classmates from your school. The demo version had the latter fake multiplayer component in place, with the classmates named after the development staff -- like Kitase P and Tabata D, named after producer Yoshinori Kitase and director Hajime Tabata.

When an NPC comes into the fight, a party member you've selected temporarily leaves battle. The character returns once the NPC leaves. Famitsu's editor noted that the tempo is pretty fast, with NPCs coming and leaving quickly.

With all the things going on, from the complex controls to the constant flow of enemies to the swapping in and out of NPCs, Famitsu's writer admitted to having a difficult time getting a grasp on the current state of battle. However, he felt that this is appropriate given that the game attempts to recreate the battle scene. Some presentational touches, like the enemies issuing communiques, help to further deliver the feel of battle.

The only complaint in Famitsu's writeup was that the camerawork has some issues in cramped areas. Aside from this, he said that his expectations of the game have risen, and he's waiting for the game's demo (which hasn't been announced... I'm not sure if the writer knows something or if he was just assuming).

Square Enix also showed a new trailer in the booth. This was packed with drama scenes and narrated by Machina and Rem. Famitsu's writer (different from the person who wrote the hands-on) discovered two new characters in the trailer: Andoria and Celestia. These two are from Concordia Kingdom, the nation of dragon warriors.

The trailer also listed the voice actors for some for some of the characters:

Andoria: Megumi Hayashibara
    Celestia: Nana Mizuki (yes!)
    Seven: Mauko Aoki
    Jack: Kenichi Suzumura
    Duce: Kana Hanazawa
    Names not listed: Shigeru Chiba, Masako Nozawa, Kenji Utsumi, Masako Ikeda

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i'm at the hyper japan saturday Square Enix is holding a booth there fingers crossed there will be some info on this (can hope >.>; ) and maybe 13-2

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This looks bad ass

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That's a surprising amount of blood for a Final Fantasy title. I can't really remember the last time I actually saw any since the intro to FF8.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, it's supposed to be more dark and mature-themed than usual.

I just hope the game play holds up, because I love me some good action-RPGs. I was sceptical about the camera control before, but BBS has proved to be excellent, so I'll give this a chance based on that.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

ooh october.. didnt think it'd be that early.. but Ive been out of the loop. Also, Seven looks like shes a modified Lightning model ? >_>

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Nitpicking, I know, but I wonder if its possible to have a main character in a FF title not have spiky hair. Like, NO spikes, anywhere on the head.

8&9?

Hopefully this will get an English PSP release because I don't really feel like buying another Sony handled until it drops in price and it's fully hackable.
    Also I seriously thought that Seven was Lightning as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    8&9?
    VI and XIII as well. Dunno if Squall counts, but Zidane definitely does.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    VI and XIII as well. Dunno if Squall counts, but Zidane definitely does.
    Sqaull has a choppy fringe that is basically downward spikes

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Dat bard. @2:25
    "Like I give a fuck!"

Did I just also see FFX's monsters? I think it was the spiked beasts. @2:43

These

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

they look a little more wolf like then the bigger bulldog like version you have

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You're looking a few seconds earlier than that. The ones in the video look almost identical to the FFX one.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

most definitely a recycled model

Considering the PS2's capabilities (and the PSP), I wouldn't be surprised to see them use FFX/XII models.