Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, they confirmed that titles on PSN will be downloadable on Vita, so there's that at least. But I want 2 sticks support D:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Big spoiler:

Spoiler: show
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj3YHLQQ44c Looks like Rem might be kicking the bucket

Banned.

BG Level

sucks :/

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    Big spoiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj3YHLQQ44c Looks like Rem might be kicking the bucket
    What the fuck lol, why would they put that in a commercial for the game? I doubt it'll actually be as it seems, but I guess they did show Aeris dying in the FF7 commercial so it's possible!

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/12...d-time-around/

Final Fantasy Type-0 Will Tell A Different Story The Second Time Around
    In Japan, Square Enix run a manga magazine imprint titled GanGan, which consists of various individual magazines such as Monthly Shounen GanGan and Young GanGan. Both Fullmetal Alchemist and Soul Eater were serialized in Monthly Shounen GanGan.

According to tweets picked up by Japanese blog, Game Jouhou, a new GanGan issue contains information on Final Fantasy Type-0. According to director, Hajime Tabata, the average time to complete Final Fantasy Type-0 the first time is about 40 hours. The second time you play the game, you’ll get to experience a different story involving the game’s Class 0.

Tabata also mentions that there’s an unrevealed thirteenth character in Type-0, and that there are a total of five summons types in the game. We know of six summons so far: Golem, Shiva, Bahamut, Odin, Ifrit and Diablos.

Hmm interesting. Anyway 40 hours sounds (hopefully that doesn't include any sort of padding or filler.)

They didn't mention how long and what new content (besides story) the second play through will have though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm still waiting for a release date ; ;

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/13...ve-free-items/

Final Fantasy Type-0 Won’t Have Paid DLC, Will Have Free Items
    Director Hajime Tabata confirmed extra content for Final Fantasy Type-0 is in the cards, but Square Enix will not sell additional items for the PSP game. Instead, Tabata says they are working together with Square Enix members to give users free items.

The 3rd Birthday was another game Tabata was in charge of and it was also tied to Square Enix Members. Players earned stamps by linking the game to their account and writing blogs. Collecting stamps was another way to unlock Aya’s extra costumes.

Tabata also commented on Final Fantasy Type-0′s difficulty. He said the critical path’s challenge level is rather low so fans of action games and RPGs can enjoy it. One run through the game is estimated at 40 hours.

Final Fantasy Type-0 comes out on October 27 in Japan.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

New Odin
    BG Level

dat music. gimme the hd version

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Someone got this screenshot before it was removed.

Steve Blum tweeted he was doing VA work for "King" in a new Final Fantasy (he removed the tweet already though).

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Guess we are getting it overseas then. Releases next week in Japan.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

This game looks absolutely amazing...making me want to buy a PSP.
    One of the things that gets me the most excited is the varied gameplay. I wish more games (especially FF games) would follow this example. Lots of characters with different fighting styles, ability to fight as monsters/summons, aerial combat, tactical RTS or turn-based battles involving larger forces, plenty of minigames, etc...really makes it feel like there's a "world within a world"... more MMOs need this too, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    This game looks absolutely amazing...making me want to buy a PSP.
    One of the things that gets me the most excited is the varied gameplay. I wish more games (especially FF games) would follow this example. Lots of characters with different fighting styles, ability to fight as monsters/summons, aerial combat, tactical RTS or turn-based battles involving larger forces, plenty of minigames, etc...really makes it feel like there's a "world within a world"... more MMOs need this too, IMO.
    Uh... you mean that any game that plays like KH 358/2 Days is automatically amazing? Because that's what in short Type-0 is.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, because I enjoyed that game and I'll enjoy Type-0 too, but you're singing praises for a pretty standard action RPG. There are a ton of games like this.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crab_Cake View Post

Steve Blum tweeted he was doing VA work for "King" in a new Final Fantasy (he removed the tweet already though).
    YOU CANNOT ESCAPE STEVE BLUM!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Uh... you mean that any game that plays like KH 358/2 Days is automatically amazing? Because that's what in short Type-0 is.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, because I enjoyed that game and I'll enjoy Type-0 too, but you're singing praises for a pretty standard action RPG. There are a ton of games like this.
    If you don't mind, I'll look past the misrepresentation of my original premise after I point out that I said "One of the things that gets me the most excited..."

Perhaps my point needs to be further clarified: What is appealing to me is the apparent abundance of mini-games in Type-0. Not only is battle varied due to a wide range of playable characters and summons (which obviously isn't the sole purview of Type-0, I'm not claiming that), but also the world map War battles (Skirmishes) and the Airship Dogfights. What entices me about this game is that given the rudimentary conception we currently have from trailers, the mini-game elements seem to be very well implemented. Although, as you mention, there are instances of similar elements in other games, my personal feeling is that they are generally lacking in RPGs. Whether that is a widely-shared perception or not, suffice it to say that the Type-0 videos have caught my attention!

Agreed on minigames FTW. One of the reasons I have over 160+ hours on FFX is because of Blitzball (and because Monster Arena is great).

Kingdom Hearts was fun too with Gummi Ships but I forgot if they were any major rewards.

Also the trailer is kind of spoilertastic (or trailer always lie and deceive) :

I see like 5 or so characters get seemingly killed in the trailer.

Edit - Actually it could all be just game over deaths that could have been avoided rather than in story, NVM.

Music is epic though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crab_Cake View Post

Bad news. Apparently pic is fake >.<.

Oh well. They did say they were investigating overseas version so all hope is not lost. I assume they're waiting to see how well it does in Japan before putting effort into localization.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast