Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: BG Tattoo     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ifrit's lolCudgel
    QQing is what I do best

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    Can't really change where you're from hah. Pride from where you come from has always been an important part of my life, so the tat means something to me. I don't see the need to hate on it due to the area. And as for Tonko, do you really find a need to comment on anything I post in General? Idk if you're just trying to youmad me or if you're honestly just a modtroll.
    Look at it this way. If you saw some dude with a Winnetka or Wilmette (or even worse, Kennilworth) tattoo, you'd probably think he was a gigantic douche.

Sic itur ad astra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

3 generations of my family were all born there including myself :3
    I can respect that. My father and I were both born in Oak Park (≈20 miles south of Highland Park). Don't think i could pull off that tattoo, but I can respect the reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    The tattoo's fine. Actual Highland Park itself though, that's a hole lol.
    Is it really? I haven't been there in over a decade, but when I grew up in the NW suburbs Highland park was considered the rich folks area. Hell, they filmed Ferris Bueller and 16 Candles there. I can remember going to the park there on the 4th of July to see the Chicago symphony play.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Jesus Christ that Highland Park tattoo is horrendous.

Tonko

Can't really change where you're from hah. Pride from where you come from has always been an important part of my life, so the tat means something to me. I don't see the need to hate on it due to the area. And as for Tonko, do you really find a need to comment on anything I post in General? Idk if you're just trying to youmad me or if you're honestly just a modtroll.
    I can comment on whatever I want bro, it was a funny discrepancy, I illustrated it. Deal with it.

First time I think I've ever commented on something you've posted btw, so you're not mad because it was me. You should have a little more self confidence in your tattoo choice so you don't get this butthurt next time someone comments on it.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tonko View Post
    You should have a little more self confidence in your tattoo choice so you don't get this butthurt next time someone comments on it.
    lol. BG is harsh nowadays. Oh well
    Seems like I shrugged it off pretty well and I am far from butthurt lol. I am super happy with it, and like I said, proud of where I come from. I only asked because your comment was extra douchy, in response to two posts I have made in General in the past like, 2 days lol. You quoted my pic then circled my location, as if people never relocate in their lives. You so got me.

Tonko

You have me confused with someone else dude, your only posts in the last two weeks in general were in this thread, and I only replied to one of them before you started acting all wounded and victimized about it. There were 6 other replies to your tattoo, none of them complimentary, unsure why you had to go all panties in a twist over mine, but whatever man, enjoy your tattoo. I love mine, and it's a valuable skill to learn you don't have to defend it if someone else doesn't like it, you got it for yourself, not for the random masses. Lesson for you to learn I suppose.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

I THINK IT IS VERY NICE MYRTHE

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

I have a left wrist tat that is covered by my watch... not a big deal but you have to watch the width.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

That's what she said.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just got my first tattoo. It's a chaos symbol outlined by a star. I got my friend to do it, here in afghanistan, and i'm pretty fucking happy with it.

Pics to come as soon as it stop's bleeding all over the place, but if you got tattoo's you should probably post them here maybe?

inb4; THAT'S WHAT THE RL PIC THREAD IS FOR DUMBASS

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

yeah it's blurry, and also healing, but I'm pretty fucking pleased with what my friend did. 0$ can't beat that.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

looks pretty neat. I'll be getting my other arm done next month. Then I can start working on my legs :F

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Rl thread, etc shepard, etc etc.
    Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Protip: Unless you are an idiot like me, don't ever get what I did.
    Spoiler: show

Inb4 the shitstorm, I still kind of like it, but mostly because I have accepted the fact it's with me forever. Yes that's an Abercrombie moose.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

:S remember seeing it a little bit in that other thread. think it would've been a lot better with a different placement. Stomach tattoos seem kind of risque to me just cause of how much your body can change.

least yer committed to your company though. lulz

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lex Luger
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Demon Soul

Got about 4 weeks ago, dead zombie geisha, that's my left forearm. Getting the upper part of that arm done on tuesday..

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

but what does it mean?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

that geisha is pretty sweet. are you gunna color it in at all?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lex Luger
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Demon Soul

I have an appointment to color it next week, but I think I'm just going to use that appointment to get another tattoo entirely. I'm thinking of keeping it just black for now, as I have no color ink on this arm and kind of want to go for the all black and grey look. I could always add color to it if I really want to some day, so I think I'm going to hold off for now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Necro bump like noones business.

So i finally went and got this done. For those of you who know/care, I got Bazett's Command Seal for Lancer from Fate/Stay Night right below the elbow on my left forearm. I thought it was a neat mix of nerd-dom, mythology, genealogy because I'm Irish, and something unique. I'll post a pic when I take the bandage off.

But I have some questions about care for the short term now. Is foaming antibacterial handsoap ok for cleaning it or should go get something else? It's lightly scented and from Target, but I figure the foam is less abrasive on the skin than a thicker gel type soap. I checked the back for some harsh ingredients I've read online and it has none of them except some light scent.

I got some Aquaphor for the lotion application. My artist told me 2-3 times a day and it is still ok to shower normally, just dont scrub it with anything and no body wash type stuff on it. This application of the lotion should be about 2 weeks or so, I'm seeing 14 days most places on the internet.