+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring 2011 Anime Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Spring 2011 Anime Thread

Looks like Ragns gave us our own forums, so I guess not we can make separate threads for anime now instead of just continuously posting on one and then making a mess. So I'll start one for the Spring 2011 anime season, just to get people's thoughts and updates and whatever for this season.

Going to marathon through all the stuff I'm behind on this season, which means AnoHana, Hanasaku, T&B, Nichijou, Ao no Exoricst, Dog Days, Deadman, and Denpa Onna today. Should be fun catching up to everyone else on those shows.

Edit: Also, if anyone wanted to see my mid-season review on the 12 anime I'm watching, I'll just repost the link here:

http://avvesione.wordpress.com/2011/...season-review/

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Spring 2011 Anime List
    Spoiler: show

Nice! new forum ;o

Awesome stuff. I'm behind on Steins;gate and Dog Days, but nothing else this season interests me apart from what's been mentioned already.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Awesome stuff. I'm behind on Steins;gate and Dog Days, but nothing else this season interests me apart from what's been mentioned already.
    I forgot, what are you watching Ulmega? Pretty much most of the shows I am but I don't remember which ones exactly =\

Nichijou, AnoHaha, Hanasaku, Denpa, Tiger and Bunny and Kaiji.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I love C and all, but holy shit that was a fucking douchey move they pulled on that ep, felt like Bakemonogatari 10 all over again.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Are you talking about the final fight?

I personally find the battle incredibly boring in that show, and the more they skip, the best it is. I really wish the show wouldnt have these pokemon-like battle with stupid economy 101 terminology...

Everything else is good though.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I just felt it's kinda douchey for them to place him in an infinitely disadvantageous position, him powering up, then all of a sudden skip to the aftermath implying that he won.

I get that it's just pokemon mixed with econ 101, but considering Washu was part of the reason I watch the show, I just felt really gypped.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Anohana Ep7 Preview

Spoiler: show

[IMG][/IMG]

My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute Ep15 (Final Episode) Dated May 31st+Trailer
    http://www.oreimo-anime.com/special/yokoku_15.html

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm kind of lost now.. the thread that was locked was basically a general anime discussion thread.. something similar to an RSS feed for me. People would announce upcoming anime as they were greenlighted, started, etc. People would ask for and make recommendations. People would talk about anime they just watched for the first time that ranged from 1990 to 2010 and make comparisons to similar anime.

It was really nice being able to just click on that thread and read new posts to know what's going on. I can understand having threads specifically for the discussion of current and future seasons.. but that alone was not what made up that thread.

Is Ker going to have to split what used to be one post into multiple posts across 2-5 threads, which will require me to go through all of those threads as well just for one update? D: (IE: When he makes a post about current season stuff, stuff that just got greenlighted, and railgun all at the same time?) If I want to make a post about just watching Initial D and Yumekui Merry giving my opinions about both, hoping to spark a conversation about either or from multiple people.. do I have to make one post in the past season thread and then make an entire other thread just for the bit about initial D? ?_?

halp ; ;

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    I'm kind of lost now.. the thread that was locked was basically a general anime discussion thread.. something similar to an RSS feed for me. People would announce upcoming anime as they were greenlighted, started, etc. People would ask for and make recommendations. People would talk about anime they just watched for the first time that ranged from 1990 to 2010 and make comparisons to similar anime.

It was really nice being able to just click on that thread and read new posts to know what's going on. I can understand having threads specifically for the discussion of current and future seasons.. but that alone was not what made up that thread.

Is Ker going to have to split what used to be one post into multiple posts across 2-5 threads, which will require me to go through all of those threads as well just for one update? D: (IE: When he makes a post about current season stuff, stuff that just got greenlighted, and railgun all at the same time?) If I want to make a post about just watching Initial D and Yumekui Merry giving my opinions about both, hoping to spark a conversation about either or from multiple people.. do I have to make one post in the past season thread and then make an entire other thread just for the bit about initial D? ?_?

halp ; ;
    Myself and a few others frequently complained that the anime thread was unfollowable because of how big it was now so this seems like a good compromise. If you have any good suggestions go for it but I'm not turning this into 4chan's /a/.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I dunno if this would work since there are so many shows every season, but in terms of the recommendation aspect, maybe at the end of the seasons there could be a poll put up and people could vote on which shows they felt were the must sees of the season. The ones that reached a set threshold would then go into a stickied thread of must see animes.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I dunno if this would work since there are so many shows every season, but in terms of the recommendation aspect, maybe at the end of the seasons there could be a poll put up and people could vote on which shows they felt were the must sees of the season. The ones that reached a set threshold would then go into a stickied thread of must see animes.
    More stickies is a bad policy.

Make a thread if you think one is called for. If you're proven wrong or if discussion dies out it will rot off the first page. This is how discussion forums should work.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    More stickies is a bad policy.

Make a thread if you think one is called for. If you're proven wrong or if discussion dies out it will rot off the first page. This is how discussion forums should work.

Honestly, I see this thread becoming the same thread as the last one, just that there'll be room for people to start new threads on specific subjects that won't be passed over by everyone else talking about a new subject. It'll give a chance for people who are new to the anime thread a chance to let their voice be heard (by starting a new thread) while the rest of us here will continue to circlejerk about whatever topic is hot. Like what Ker just posted about AnoHana 7 or OreImo 15.

But I'm going back to C. The fights are rather boring. You don't know exactly what's going on as there is no strategy and everything has some economic name attached to it to be SYMBOLISM but nothing matters except who wins. You don't know how much money is gained per attack or what strategies are being used to counter an opponent, you just see them fight and then announce a winner and then move on. But then that might be symbolic of how real companies interact where you don't know how much money is won or lost during a battle.

Still, the battles in C suck compared to everything else. Except that 3-D animation.

Not sure why people are complaining. If anything, this seems easier to follow. Just make a new thread for each season and discuss that season's animes in it, like people are doing already. Like Correction said, if you think that certain anime is great, make a thread for it. Worst that happens is nobody gives a shit.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I think that people are complaining just because it's cool to post in a thread with 700 pages.

Back 3 or 4 years ago I started a Naruto thread on another forum and it got to about 500 pages then got locked for taking up too much of the database.

I got mad as hell, because I felt like it was my footprint on the forum, my magnum opus of sorts.

Then I got a couple years older and realized that it's a message board--a topic is a topic, same people posting.

Bullshit off topic rant aside, I'm not sure if they intentionally pulled the cane on the fight in C or if it was just them saving budget.

Because if they're saving budget, that means they're either saving it to do something awesome later (eg: Katanagatari) or they just don't have any money.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    Myself and a few others frequently complained that the anime thread was unfollowable because of how big it was now so this seems like a good compromise. If you have any good suggestions go for it but I'm not turning this into 4chan's /a/.
    I'm not against an anime section, but it's probably going to have a negative impact once the novelty wear off. People will end up posting in a single thread like always, but there will be less traffic in overall.

But we will see, it's not like it can't be undone.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Back 3 or 4 years ago I started a Naruto thread on another forum and it got to about 500 pages then got locked for taking up too much of the database.
    Even with the firepower of BG servers we need to lock threads at 1500ish pages (30k posts) or it starts making the forum search explode randomly.

Speaking of... I have no clues who put the 150 pages (3k posts) limitation on the random image thread... tradition maybe?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast