1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 3 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Regional Levequests Mob Rank Chart

So Kanican's blog came up with a great chart that would show mob ranks for each star level. Togison from Mysidia, along with the help of a few LS members (Moogle Knights), decided to complete the chart for each leve. Togison did most of the work, along with a few other members helping gather info. The chart will list the best number of stars to do, that will give the most SP, since you do not get any more SP when a mob is more then 10 levels above you, so you can go to this chart, and see what level the mobs will be at for each number of stars, so you do not waste any time.

Having this info will allow everyone to get max SP while not wasting time fighting a mob way too high.

For Max SP, go for the star that is 10 levels or a little bit higher then you are. Anything 10 levels or higher you do not get any extra SP, so try to stay as close as possible.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...hl=en_US#gid=0

Click the tabs at the bottom of the chart to change City-States.

Edit: Maybe this can get a sticky so it doesn't get lost?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Nice, I was just doing this in excel too, but didn't have complete date. Thanks for taking the time dude!

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Nice! Sticky gogogogo

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Looks like it was removed...

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Biggie did not make this chart so I removed it. If you wish to have it please contact me on Mysidia Server. Togison Tiaci
    Someone is maaaad.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

EDITED:

New link for what biggie posted: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...thkey=CJjGnJwB

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Should have given proper credit. It's uncool to claim someone else's work as your own.

Thanks for the new link! Perhaps we can help fill in the blanks.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The chart was put together by several people, I guess I should have been more clear...... What a baby, I just copy and pasted the thread from where it is posted and thought would be nice to share, I guess I should have went through and changed the post, but whatever. New link in the OP.

Edit: Well after reading it, It was kind of a dick move, since It said I made it, but it was just a copy paste, but I have changed it to reflect where it came from. I was involved with making the chart and gathering all the info, but was not the person to type it up, I should be ashamed.

Edit #2: Apparently Togison has a huge beef with BG and does not want it posted here, he hates you all! (So I removed his name from the OP, but will put it but if people think I should) I guess he is banned for whatever reason. I don't think there is anything wrong with spreading the love and sharing the info that we all worked so hard to gather. He does not own the chart simply because he typed it up. (maybe he does?) I thought it would be good to share this great info to the community, so here it is.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Well I am now posting. I was never banned, I never posted anything on the forums. Here is the proper listing of where the chart will be located at, once I get home to post it....

moogleinc.com/index.php?/topic/736-regional-levequests-information/page__gopid__6327

I also have done tests related to INT, PTY, MND for DoT's, Nukes. Cures and Crit nukes as well as Enmity for actions which I can post also, even though it seems Enmity is/might change in 1.18. I am also updating the chart to show proper EXP camp locations, since people are saying there are none, but in fact there are tons of great camp spots for all levels. EXP parties are just as good if not better then levequest's if you understand how SP works and where to go, and I know some of the MoogleINC people can say that as well that have joined those parties. But if yous would like the addition charts for enmity(which I will redo once 1.18 is out) or dots/nukes let me know. I do plan on doing tests related to STR, DEX, VIT for melee jobs, but I might wait till I get the last 2 jobs I have left to get to 50(Gladiator and Archer), before I do.

PS no one helped on the chart...lol, I did it while eating lunch in the office one day. Nor do I even know who this Biggie person is, but please let us know your character name in FF14.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Togison View Post

PS no one helped on the chart...lol, I did it while eating lunch in the office one day.
    Hmm that's a shocker, but are you saying we all didn't help gather the info? That's not nice.

BG Level

Would love to see the exp camp locations! Need to rank up a few classes for skills for my thm and every time I get on a melee I feel like hanging myself!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I will have it done hopefully by end of this weekend. Only info I still need it repop timers of some mobs, no reason to go to a camp, if it takes forever for mobs to repop

spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiwQ-SM9L5dydExDanQ1ZS1rQWdjOWxfSUlqQlRuWVE&hl=en_US#gi d=0

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Obviously a cheap knockoff of Kanican's information posted way back in February anyway. Doesn't even give the SP bases!

It's a fking spreadsheet, gtfo. Thanks Biggie.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

And yes, kanican.livejournal.com/52445.html is a great post for info about SP, and if you check our web site, I even have it listed for all of our members to read, because of how well it is done. It was this that had me do the chart, and thanks to the info from that Kanican supplied, it is rather easy to make the camp locations.

At no point of time did I ever claim this was a goddly link, nor will I ever. I just disliked the fact that someone claimed they did it, when in fact they had nothing to do with it as all. I only had posted it for our LS members, on our LS web site.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Togison.. politics and hurt feelings aside, thank you for sharing this information.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Obviously a cheap knockoff of Kanican's information posted way back in February anyway. Doesn't even give the SP bases!

It's a fking spreadsheet, gtfo. Thanks Biggie.
    LOL So he gets made because I reposted something that he stole anyways, good times. But, I can say that a lot of the info on the chart was gathered from a few of the LS members, so not all of it was taken from that site.

Base Sp is a great idea, if you guys don't mind posting your findings, I will update the chart with base SP. It will take awhile to get them all listed, so please any info you can provide would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    Togison.. politics and hurt feelings aside, thank you for sharing this information.
    I think you mean to thank me, Togison would have never shared this info with this community, he hates BG, calls everyone here stupid idiots that post useless info, but yet he reads zam and core.

I never meant to claim this info as my own. If you read the post on the Moogle Knights forums, you will see that the OP is an exact copy and paste from there. Should I have read through it to make sure it was not implying that I, by myself, created the spreadsheet? Absolutely! Should I have made sure to give credit to everyone responsible? Absolutely! I made a terrible mistake, by keeping "I" in the OP, but live and learn. But, seems like I'm not the only guilty party here, seeing as how this idea and a majority of the info was taken from another source, we need to also make sure that Kanican's blog gets credit for coming up with the original idea and getting the ball rolling. But, it's all out in the open now, let's move on and start gathering more info to complete the chart and include base SP!

but most of forums/posts are not about or helping/inputting abuot the set topic.
    I think you just described every single forums on the internet lol.

I do plan on doing tests related to STR, DEX, VIT for melee jobs,
    We can help you with that, they have been tested on here by several people.... they do nothing. Well STR and DEX that is.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yes Kanican was credited on his great work, which I also posted on our forums on April 19, 2011 as you can see here.....

moogleinc.com/index.php?/topic/725-how-sp-works/

And the reason I never posted on the forum's in genreral is because what you can easily see just from this one topic alone. Yes the spreedsheet is a tool to be used to help everyone in the game, hence why I did it, as well as other ones, but most of forums/posts are not about or helping/inputting abuot the set topic.

BG Level

Can't wait for the sp guide. I requested permission earlier, though you said it won't be done till later this weekend. Especially excited that you took the time to input repop times. I was always kinda annoyed with the amount of running at the raptor camp as spawns were so spread out and pretty slow to repop.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

FF MMOs simply cannot avoid drama, no matter how bad the gameplay is. That being said, the actual source material is helpful.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

(Just fyi I'm "Kanican" if you don't follow BG or XI a lot)

Nice work on the chart.

It seems silly to fight over something as 'stupid' as giving credit to game (a 'dead game' at that) information, but it totally sucks to spend time on something and have someone else take credit, whether intentional or not. So I'm glad it got worked out. The short little chart I started actually took a lot more time since back then the levels of mobs were not directly viewable and I had to kill mobs at each star level to back-calculate their LVL based on SP gain. Though looking back I could have just looked on YG and found the rank up pattern. Nowadays you can just directly look at mob's level and/or just correlate what you see with level ranges on YG.

Regarding a base SP chart, if someone wants to do some work with that would be appreciated, but just heads up, I already have about 60% of every mob in the game down. I'm just putting it together in a more readable form right now because it's getting massive. It's amazing how much 'research' material you can find in a game you're really interested in but that has no content. I'll probably have it out somewhere this weekend, then we can all talk SP camps for solo, duo, 4pt, and full party groups. I think with the basic SP information found and documented in an easy to read form, we can do the XIV community a big favor by mathematically proving where the best SP camps are for party play. Sort of like Campsitarus for XIV.

Also for Togison, if you have 'research' on topics like INT/PIE/MND/enmity etc., I suggest just posting it and linking it for credit. If you dislike BG then go to ZAM/official forums (but I hope you post here as well). People ultimately don't care if someone with information hates BG/ZAM/etc. they just want good information. I think you should post it somewhere though since you will really want someone else to look at it to find any errors.