+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New MMO by SE     submit to reddit submit to twitter

aduidarnenye

They should just, as everyone has mentioned a million times, overhaul FF11 with a graphics update, ditch the PS2, and re-release the game instead of trying to come up with a new one.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    They should just, as everyone has mentioned a million times, overhaul FF11 with a graphics update, ditch the PS2, and re-release the game instead of trying to come up with a new one.
    Redone old game is not as appealing as a new one. It's still FF11 from 2002 in people's eyes...

Not to mention the time it takes to overhaul the graphics for every single zone released... monsters, characters, armor, effects.......

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    Chances are it wont be, but I never got to try FF14 so I'm still hoping for a new FF MMO for consoles
    Why the fuck would you want a new FF MMO? I hope to god its not FF15 or some such bullshit. They should give up on MMOs, but if they have to keep trying I hope its not FF related.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Dragon Quest Online please.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

A relaunch of XI or XI-2 I guess would be the only other MMO I'd like to see come out of them. Maybe it's because XIV was such a disaster, or the quests were so few and far between, but I never found that world as enthralling as I did Vana'diel.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post

Fingers crossed its a FF title.
    This made me lol pretty hard considering how much garbage 14 was

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    For a company as big as SE, you don't have just one single development team. This title could be the result of a studio that has nothing to do with those who planned FF14 so I dont see why it should be destined to fail already.

Doubt it's another FF title because it wouldnt make much sense. I think Dragon Quest maybe.
    My first thought was Dragon Quest too.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    Wow.
    Self-destructive behavor at its finest.
    This. Seriously holy shit, how stupid can you be as a company?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
    Please, just be PC only...
    This won't stop SE from using a PS3 engine on the PC (Hi FFXIV)

like lucavi, i insta-thought of front mission online, because it's the only brand that i can think of which fits in a mmo scenary perfectly.
    i wouldn't mind some eidos games to be turned into mmo, like just cause online would be the shit.

what if it's only some facebook app or mobile game?

i'm curious how they could come up with a new mmo after what happened to XIV.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Redone old game is not as appealing as a new one. It's still FF11 from 2002 in people's eyes...

Not to mention the time it takes to overhaul the graphics for every single zone released... monsters, characters, armor, effects.......
    http://everquest2.com/

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm guessing this will not be a FF themed MMO this time around. Just a guess. Also, I predict it will be cross platform PC/PS3/360. Since it seems SE is the only one who can make a MMO of this nature.

New Odin
    BG Level

I don't think that's the same as "EQ1 redone", although they share the same setting.

What I meant was more like what they're doing with L2.

This. Seriously holy shit, how stupid can you be as a company?
    Making games with extremely high profit margins past few hundred thousand subs (worldwide)?

FFXI-2, in my opinion, is their emergency plan for both FF11 and FF14 if the latter fails big time.
    In one year FF11 will be very, very niche and (bad scenario) FF14 might as well be dead, so the idea of somehow "merging" the two titles could lead to some more lifespan of the FF MMO franchise.

This new MMO, it could make sense to have something else and not just another fantasy RPG. I dunno if they talked specifically about MMORPG, or it could as well be some action oriented title.
    Also, I wouldnt be surprised to see them release some Eidos-related title instead of Dragon Quest. FF MMO can still holds its ground in japan, it's western audience they need to catch.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I don't think that's the same as "EQ1 redone", although they share the same setting.
    if you thought more specific then ya ok, but that's what I assume when people say "FFXI-2"

Eq2 was just set at a different time period. But they redid everything.

New Odin
    BG Level

Ya, I think adui didn't mean it in a "sequel" kind of way.

I don't see what's so wrong about XIV's setting though to make XI's so much more appealing.... it's better imo, just not as fleshed out obviously.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Making games with extremely high profit margins past few hundred thousand subs (worldwide)?
    FFXI is the only thing that still makes a profit, but currently free FFXIV more than destroys that made profit. They should first get 14 up to speed, before they need to manage two 14's and one very outdated, dying MMO. So yeah, stupid company is stupid. Unless they think they somehow hold the holy grail with this new MMO, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

One Front Mission Online failed already, so I dunno if they would jump into it again Anyway, I'm in the camp that would like to see a new title, not something from an existing series.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    FFXI is the only thing that still makes a profit, but currently free FFXIV more than destroys that made profit. They should first get 14 up to speed, before they need to manage two 14's and one very outdated, dying MMO. So yeah, stupid company is stupid. Unless they think they somehow hold the holy grail with this new MMO, but I'm not holding my breath for that.
    So are you basically saying that freezing all their other projects until XIV is either fixed or dead would be a wiser thing to do? The new game still won't come out before either happens regardless (it'll be only announced before march 2012, it won't be released anytime soon).

And i do hope that you are not implying that it's the 3rd division working on this new title. SE is larger than XI and XIV, and the new MMO can be completely independent from either.

They may not know what's best for them, but they sure as hell know better than you do.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh yeah, remember, they're just announcing this, so in b4 6-7 years of development, end of worlds etc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Most likely Dragon Quest online. I'm kinda hoping for a new IP though.