+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: New MMO by SE     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    Been a while, but I remember Parasite Eve being pretty awesome and having a lot of blood in it; was it actually good and/or is 3rd Birthday worth checking into?
    Parasite Eve had as much blood in it as FFXI which is to say, not much as all besides some red mist. It does have some gore (laughable with today's standards). The gameplay was what made it good, a mix of RPG with Resident Evil without the gore (most of the cannon fodder are animal/insects instead of people, typical SE game).

PE2 threw out the RPG element and made it a RE clone which made the game shit. No idea on 3rd Birthday.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I just wonder if they'll make it a full fledged PC game and not bother with console.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post
    I just wonder if they'll make it a full fledged PC game and not bother with console.
    As someone already said, it's very unlikely.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post

Cops and Robbers! Duh lol
    Haha you know it's been so long since I've used that term, I think it dates all the way back in school where we used to play that and run around grabbing each other!

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I'm gonna bet its related to the KH or DQ franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Redone old game is not as appealing as a new one. It's still FF11 from 2002 in people's eyes...

Not to mention the time it takes to overhaul the graphics for every single zone released... monsters, characters, armor, effects.......
    I actually disagree with this. Many players prefer redone old games to new ones because they already have a fond connection with the old one (it must first be good tho). This is the reason why fans are still begging for FF7 remake in spite of whatever new stuff they're throwing at fans that supposedly cater to them in every way except making them the same as the old one (eg. FF13) and why the remakes of older FFs are still selling decently well.

Now, there seems to be some evidence that SE is in the process of digitizing their older games.. (see http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430312 for support). They've already done this with the Tomb Raider HD trilogy and might be moving to do the same for the PS2 releases in their flagship series. I'm placing my bets on a high chance that they'll release HD versions of FFX, X-2 and XII.

FFXI on the other hand, CAN be done too. It doesn't take much time to overhaul the graphics from PS2 to PS3 standard for FFXI because it's already been done before. For console experience, they already have an XB360 version - even if its graphic limitations may still be slightly lower than the PS3s. And they also have the PC version for which the quality of graphics has always been scaled according to the power of the graphic card. None of these graphic assets even need to be overhauled because they already exist in a superior format. In essence all they would need to do is either recode for PS3, or emulate existing PS2 code but render on HD with assets they're using for PC/XB360. If this ever comes around, I'd so get it straight away.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

bah dbl

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I would be interested to see FFXI redone and set in the past before the accident in fei-yin with the crystal line meltdown that changed entire climates.

I wouldn't mind seeing that but, I don't have any faith in them to put out a good next gen MMO. I don't even believe they're going to be able to turn 14 around, I just really have my doubts at this point that they can create a good MMO right out of the gate.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I would rock some HD X-XII.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that keep releasing remakes is the worst possible thing any game company can ever do. They are the concrete proof that they're unable to do original and creative in my book. Once every 5 or so years it's fine, but no more than that.

Even if remakes look appealing to a lot of people, once they're released the hype suddenly drops like a rock, unlike new games which always make people talk about them for a long time.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ok, this will solve it all:

FFVII Reboot!
    *or if this new MMO is maybe a FFXIV Reboot?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

How many VII posts does it take per page for others to realize they no longer need to regurgitate it?

Spoiler: show
    There obviously aren’t enough posts allowed per page to make that happen.. Since thats all this thread has devolved into... like every other SE general topic thread.

I wish they would do a VII sequel or reboot, and make it the shittiest game ever played. So that ppl could stop asking for it and it can then turn into "I wish I never wanted a VII remake"

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I wish they would do a VII sequel or reboot, and make it the shittiest game ever played. So that ppl could stop asking for it and it can then turn into "I wish I never wanted a VII remake"
    You know the second half of this will happen anyways. A lot of people will be dissatisfied no matter what they do with a FF7 sequel.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh I only said FF7 because it seems to be the flavour here. And no one mentioned reboot yet, which as we know a lot of the other developers seem to be doing lately =p

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Obviously it should be FF9 mmo. I want the cities filled with Vivi's!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Whatever the hell it is, it'll be worse than if they just decided to import some Korean grindfest freemium mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    You know the second half of this will happen anyways. A lot of people will be dissatisfied no matter what they do with a FF7 sequel.
    Yup. If they make a faithful remake people would say that it doesn't mean the 21th century standards, if they revamp it the hardcore fanboys would argue that ruined the perfection that it was.
    Oh and don't expect crossdressing Cloud in HD graphics. It's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-Blackguy View Post
    Final Fantasy Tactics MMO?
    Wakfu.

I have no faith in SE making PC games. Their track record there is pretty lackluster. FFXI is a bad port that they got lucky with.

This is just a silly announcement to make at this time. Why not FIX THE SHIT THAT IS BROKEN FIRST? Why would anyone get excited about this after 14?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostsix.Midgard View Post
    Why would anyone get excited about this after 14?
    Same reason people still play XIV.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Anyone else tired of seeing the phrase "next-gen mmo" constantly tossed around?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

PSO2 > SE MMO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast