Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Amelya View Post
    I live in shitty cold Wisconsin and my dogs go outside in any weather, no problem. In their minds they have no other option. Dogs can of course be trained to use pads or a litter box, but IMO there's no point in teaching the dog it's okay to go inside, if your end goal is to have them going outside only. It just confuses them and makes them process longer. And honestly I can't imagine having anything larger than a chihuahua shitting in my house on a regular basis, ughghghghg.

They have a toy poodle, and the snow is often higher than he is. The pad training isn't to later train them to go outside only...lol it's to train them where to go if they are to go inside. As I said, he does both (outside in good weather, inside during shitty weather.)

There is a point to the pads if you don't mind having them go inside.

[edit] I am also not suggesting everyone has to pad train the dog, I am giving an alternate solution to their problem. I was arguing against you because you claim going in the house is "100% unacceptable", which may be true for you, but nearly not for everyone.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I appreciate the advice every has been getting. As for the comment on the last page, she wasn't crated for 40hrs, that was the time between her previous time going to the bathroom. She had a friend who had told her to crate them between pottybreaks if they didn't go. We tried it, and for the first couple of times it worked, and for the rest of the day she was out and about. The last time we did it (and thus stopped it), she simply would not go to the bathroom outside. We let her out about in the house in the afternoon, and she refused to go that night, and it wasn't until I got home from work the next day that she finally went.

Also for the people who seem concerned she may get taken back, it's not going to happen. She's great, adorable and we love her very much, except the potty thing .

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    They have a toy poodle, and the snow is often higher than he is. The pad training isn't to later train them to go outside only...lol it's to train them where to go if they are to go inside. As I said, he does both (outside in good weather, inside during shitty weather.)

There is a point to the pads if you don't mind having them go inside.

[edit] I am also not suggesting everyone has to pad train the dog, I am giving an alternate solution to their problem. I was arguing against you because you claim going in the house is "100% unacceptable", which may be true for you, but nearly not for everyone.
    My point was the OP doesn't want the dog going inside, at all. There is no point in training this particular dog to go on a pad if they don't want it going in the house, ever. It just slows things down in the long run. And yes, to me a dog going in the house is 100% unacceptable. Shovel a 2x2 spot in the snow, teach them a potty command, you can be in and out in 30 seconds. My dogs are only ~11" high at the shoulder and we get plenty of snow here, it's definitely doable.

OP, I assume she's been vet checked at the humane society? It's pretty weird for a dog to go 40 hours without urinating. Is she eating and drinking normally otherwise? I might call your vet and just ask, it could be related to kidney problems. Do you know anything about her history? I hate to suggest it, but it's possible her previous owner smacked her for going in the house and now she thinks she can't go in front of you without getting in trouble. Unlikely, but it could happen.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Amelya View Post
    My point was the OP doesn't want the dog going inside, at all. There is no point in training this particular dog to go on a pad if they don't want it going in the house, ever. It just slows things down in the long run. And yes, to me a dog going in the house is 100% unacceptable. Shovel a 2x2 spot in the snow, teach them a potty command, you can be in and out in 30 seconds. My dogs are only ~11" high at the shoulder and we get plenty of snow here, it's definitely doable.
    I didn't read the op not wanting her to go inside so much as shes going inside on the carpet n' shit. If it's a situation where she's going on a pad or paper inside, and the op wants her doing it outside, then I'd stand corrected.

And again, everyone is not you, my father is 76 years old, he doesn't need to be shoveling snow just "because" when he has an easy alternative. The pad is not a bad thing lol, not everyone wants to have their dog go inside, but for those that don't mind it, pads are so much cleaner than newspaper. Making it sound like it's a bad thing is just silly. There's nothing wrong with indoor/outdoor cats using a litter box, this is no different.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

What happened to people having decency and class? Is there anyone in this world anymore who doesn't have to use the "F-Bomb" for every other word in the sentence? It shows the level of intelligence in some people.

User was infracted for this post.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hey guess what else we don't fucking do? We don't necro year old posts.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

What in the fuckity fuck fuck is this fuck?

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

What the fuck Ksandra you stole my fucking infraction fucking whore slut bitch!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

fuck off!

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins