+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Darksiders II     submit to reddit submit to twitter

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Darksiders II

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...siders-ii.aspx
    THQ hinted at the sequel to Vigil Game’s breakout hit almost immediately after the success of the first title, but we knew little about Darksiders II until now.

Fans of the first Darksiders are already familiar with Vigil’s fiction – the eternal war that rages between the forces of Heaven and Hell. With Darksiders II, Vigil looks to deliver a richer experience as players explore more dungeons, talk with a variety of NPCs, and experiment with a detailed loot system. The horseman War has been sidelined, so it’s up to his brother, Death, to travel through the world of the Abyss and attempt to restore humanity after its destruction during the Apocalypse.

Subscribers should be receiving their issues after the first day of E3. After you finish reading our cover story, keep checking back with our Darksiders II hub throughout the month, since we'll have plenty of updates that delve deeper into the experience Vigil is crafting for Darksiders II.

In addition to our 10-page cover story on Darksiders II, the July issue of Game Informer includes an in-depth first look at Square Enix's Final Fantasy XIII-2, our hands-on impressions of Sony’s NGP hardware and its early games, and an extensive preview section featuring games like BioShock Infinite, Mass Effect 3, and Batman: Arkham City.

Until you get a copy for yourself, drool over these images of our cover, drawn by comic book luminary Joe Madureira.
    http://media1.gameinformer.com/image...over-front.jpg
    http://media1.gameinformer.com/image...cover-full.jpg

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Was just coming to post this dammit, SO EXCITE.

Loved the first game.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

hoping so hard this cover is available as a poster

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    hoping so hard this cover is available as a poster
    That would be awesome, hadn't thought of that, just ordered the Bioshock Infinite poster myself.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

PowerUpRewards! The usually have the covers as posters a month or so later. Ya my frothing demand for this game is on an astronomical level. The first one ripped off every great game in history, but was so fucking fun.

Daddy Warbucks
    BG Level

I'm not crazy about playing as a ripped grim reaper with a heavy metal haircut, but this game still has me excited. All I hope for though is no Black Throne type area again (I'm balls at puzzles )

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I'm not crazy about playing as a ripped grim reaper with a heavy metal haircut, but this game still has me excited. All I hope for though is no Black Throne type area again (I'm balls at puzzles )
    Agreed. The only part of the game where I needed a guide outside of some collectibles.

Was first game really good? I saw it in a bin at walmart for ten bucks the other day........

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Metacritic of 83/100. Get it on the xb, they haven't fixed the screen tearing on the PS3 one. Even if you can't, yes its a must play. Think Zelda, but M rated

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Sick, just sick! Can't wait to see what tweeks to gameplay they have done.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The first one ripped off every great game in history, but was so fucking fun.
    Was first game really good? I saw it in a bin at walmart for ten bucks the other day........
    Both. I am kind of surprised it is getting a sequel. It kind of flopped in sales due to the fact it so full of rip offs. They actually released a huge demo about 2 months after release (~1.5 hrs long) to spur sales, then they just dropped the price through the floor to break even on volume.

First game was fun, buuuut not worth the 60$ price tag imo from how much it was just basically Legend of Zelda with a Horseman instead of Link. I liked the puzzles but I ended up selling the game to a friend.

Also I fucking hated that spider boss.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Dryr View Post
    Both. I am kind of surprised it is getting a sequel. It kind of flopped in sales due to the fact it so full of rip offs. They actually released a huge demo about 2 months after release (~1.5 hrs long) to spur sales, then they just dropped the price through the floor to break even on volume.
    It sold 3.5 million copies last year, hardly a flop. Sequel was announced last year too. You continue to post wrong information.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Oh fuck yes! Was waiting to hear about this.

While it didn't sell like hotcakes at launch like most AAA titles, it did sell fairly well overtime. Was a bit underrated/sleeper hit I say.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Fuck. Yes!

Loved the first game and was psyched to hear a sequel. Day one buy for me.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    It sold 3.5 million copies last year, hardly a flop. Sequel was announced last year too. You continue to post wrong information.
    Why do you dignify idiots with a response nucka.

Sent while having a prostate exam. feelsgoodman

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'd be a little more excited about this game if I were blind. However, I did enjoy the previous installment and the "loot system" changes and whatnot sound interesting and a possible deviation from the whole Zelda-clone thing (probably towards more of a Metroidvania thing).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Was already wanting this game beforehand, saw this, take my money

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Darksiders really flew under the radar and blew me away. I remember walking into the THQ conference room before its release, at GS conf. and seeing nothing but Darksiders all over the walls and I was curious but not interested. Then they said "Ok look, we only have 30 minutes and instead of simply explaining this game, we will show you the game and talk at the same time" and they rushed through a demo and we were all blown away.

Here was a shot of one section of the wall. They had a "runner" type poster circling the room. About 10 feet high, all Darksiders. In hindsight I wish I could nab some of it haha.

Here is a pic I snapped on one section.

They, without a doubt, will be at this years conference, showing Darksiders 2, and I can't wait. Hurry the fuck up E3, and GS conf!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast