+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 206 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I can't believe we're going to get more information on XIII-2.. than Versus, which was announced ages ago. Fuck you, Squeenix.
    Haven't read through the thread, but Nomura said sometime when doing Versus that it was the way 'he invisioned FF13' (So with zippers and emo, right?) but also that he would basically eat shit before he allowed it to be on the Xbox. I'll look for a link later, I'm pretty sure it was 1up. Anyway, the speculation was that Versus and Agito are suffering in development hell because of trouble in SE due to Nomura being a queen + 14's disastrous implosion.

New Odin
    BG Level

Idk wtf nintendo is attempting with cafe if it's not a next-gen console. It'd be like dreamcast, except with PSX+1 specs while PS2 is in the making.

Then again, I never thought Wii would be successful so...

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I guess Nintendo's inclusion of 3rd party developers let their hardware setup leak out a bit early... but man the touchscreen controllers sounds like such an unnecessary gimick... but it sounds very Nintendo. However, hardware that's going to add up to about a $350~$400 console unless they decide to lose money on each unit, Microsoft style. That doesn't sound like Nintendo to me.

While Nintendo is obviously trying to catch up to where Sony and Microsoft have been (for a while now), it's not like the current generation is even near the end of its lifespan... except maybe Xbox360's unfortunate media decision.

Also, I didn't really notice anyone discuss the new X-Com trailer... man. I am disappoint. X-COM: UFO Defense is such an awesome nostalgic game for me, and hearing about a new one momentarily gave me a boner but that trailer really let me down. Fuckin' reboots.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Whats the over under on the halo remake bein real

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Fuck Halo.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

lol

New Odin
    BG Level

Of course, it's unlikely we'll know for sure until Tuesday morning's Nintendo press briefing. Even so, new variations are still emerging on the name even this late in the process. The most recent reports Game Informer is hearing, just two days before the show? It's possible the final name will be just a single word that everyone is already familiar with.

Nintendo
    http://i54.tinypic.com/auy4l.jpg

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

so, streams tomorrow.. i know Hulu is doing their thing with G4 but whats showing right now isn't whats on G4 here. Is Hulu just gonna stream G4 TV with commercials? Whats everybody else gonna watch?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Dead Island didn't interest me until just now with that gameplay footage. Borderlands-esque RPG elements and weapon crafting/customization = intriguing.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Aside from SE going under, another one of my greatests wishes is for Nintendo to perish.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Aside from SE going under, another one of my greatests wishes is for Nintendo to perish.
    This would probably be one of the best things to happen to gaming in a long time. I know a lot of people are going to think I'm trolling or whatever... nope. I realize that what I'm saying isn't something a lot of people agree with but Nintendo keeps putting out bullcrap like the Wii, DS and such and they sell sell sell making other follow suit.
    Hey, if you're one of the people that thinks that Kinect and Move are actually 'good' then you are the cancer, anyone else should at least see where I'm coming from even if they strongly disagree with me on this.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroikage View Post
    Nintendo keeps putting out bullcrap like the DS
    You are obviously semi-retarded. DS is probably one of the best systems to ever come out. I don't care if it's handheld or not. I've bought more DS games probably than 360/PS3 put together.

-Edit: I agree with you somewhat such as things like motion control, but there needs to be games for all ages/appeal to a broader audience other than "hardcore". Nothing wrong with the Wii. It's got plenty of pretty good stuff on it, and it caters to almost everyone, casual or not.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

While I enjoyed a number of DS titles in the past, I am so fucking tired of handheld systems. I hate seeing the next installment of a favored franchise go 256 x 192 res with shit sound on a 500MB cartridge because it will sell to all of the junior high kids that care about portable gaming.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Believe it or not little kids do play video games, and Nintendo does a good job of catering to that crowd.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

oy keep it to the console wars thread

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Thulius Deorum
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sony and Microsoft attempted to cash in on Nintendo's ideas, therefore Nintendo is the cancer.

Okay.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Dead Island didn't interest me until just now with that gameplay footage. Borderlands-esque RPG elements and weapon crafting/customization = intriguing.
    pretty same effect on me. Graphically looks gorgeous as well. Very very interested in this now.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The only way this whole Cafe touch-screen controller shit could possibly be a good idea is if they bring something like the concept behind Crystal Chronicles' GameBoy SP functionality back. Even then, it's still a gimmick and a $400 Nintendo console doesn't need more bullshit peripherals like expensive controllers.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Thulius View Post
    Sony and Microsoft attempted to cash in on Nintendo's ideas, therefore Nintendo is the cancer.

Okay.
    Leave it to Thulius to not be able to read anything beyond the text in front of him.
    It's the legions of Nintendo fanboys really, Nintendo doesn't make good games, they rarely ever even have good 3rd party support.

Compare the number of worthwhile Nintendo Wii games to the number of worthwhile 360 or PS3 games to have come out.
    Hell, look at the number of awesome PC games to have come out since the Wii's release.

Pretty much no one would deny that Nintendo has had the WORST offering of the entire gen yet it sold the most (which is what caused the others to follow suite). Yes, idiot. It is the cancer.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Thulius Deorum
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Lack of third party support I agree with entirely. Nintendo's first party titles are pretty much the only good things on the wii. If you think their games are bad then whatever, I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise, I just don't think it's fair the fault them when other people make bad games for their system.

Also yes, I tend to reply to the text in front of me rather than ideas that you have in your head but decided not to include in your post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 206 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast