Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That is IF ikishoten works with it, counting the first hit with full iki merits 5 hit sam could potentially get @55tp in 1 att round.

Also, we have no idea what kind of timer this new JA will be on, but I agree this could be a huge bump for sam.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    Once again check the Wild flourish and stop creating some lol ideas about new JA XD
    speculation, though i sure do hope it isn't a spinoff of wild flourish, since level two skillchains in 2011 =

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by IronPandemonium View Post
    speculation, though i sure do hope it isn't a spinoff of wild flourish, since level two skillchains in 2011 =
    Seriously who cares about this new JA if you gonna have 100+ TP in 2 attack rounds like 40% of the time which means self SC and with Meditate you will have like 100% chance to execute 5-6 WSs with SCs.

NEw Ja and wild flourish is not a speculation it is 100% the same. The difference could be potency of that ie: you could make a lvl 3 with it but mechanism will be the same I am 100% sure.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Malacite is a prophet!

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Once again check the Wild flourish and stop creating some lol ideas about new JA XD

Idk what is wrong with meritig Ikishoten now? 50% "double attack" during hasso for crazy amount of TP?
    It's partial boost to DRK WAR etc. as well. Even with 25% activation WAR will have now 30% DA and 25% for another "DA"? That is pretty crazy
    Btw if hasso still be a haste or they changing it all?

Imo it is some crazy change for SAM. It will practically have 100 TP every 1-2 attack round.

Assuming with new trait it will be very easy to 5 hit that is 50% for 55(20+35) TP per round. Add Double attack to this and you will probably never need more then 2 attack rounds for 100TP.

Aren't you kind of assuming a lot here? We don't know if it will work with Iki. We don't know if the proc rate will be the same with Hasso as it is with a miss. And we don't know that it will work through subjob.

On the flipside everything you said might be true so meh.

Also I thought you couldn't Zanshin a DA? So wouldn't it be 30% to DA and then 25% to Zanshin if you didn't DA? And that's if it works as a subjob and if the proc rate is the same as a miss.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Malacite is a prophet!
    Nah Malacite will now say to merit Shikiyoko so you can read the mob for SC and give TP to someone so that person can make an SC!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Aren't you kind of assuming a lot here? We don't know if it will work with Iki. We don't know if the proc rate will be the same with Hasso as it is with a miss. And we don't know that it will work through subjob.

On the flipside everything you said might be true so meh.

Also I thought you couldn't Zanshin a DA? So wouldn't it be 30% to DA and then 25% to Zanshin if you didn't DA? And that's if it works as a subjob and if the proc rate is the same as a miss.
    You cant Zanshin from DA or you cant Zanshin and DA? That 2 different things.

I think it is the first when you can miss->zanshin->DA but cant hit->DA miss>Zanshin

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

when is this gonna happend? wich version update? june6? next small update? next major?

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You cant Zanshin from DA or you cant Zanshin and DA? That 2 different things.

I think it is the first when you can miss->zanshin->DA but cant hit->DA miss>Zanshin
    You can't Zanshin either hit of a DA. You also can't DA a Zanshin hit. Basically if it it would make you swing three times, in any order, then it can't happen.

I assume the same is true for Triple Attack and Quadruple Attack.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Neat stuff for sure. I am liking the changes for BLU and COR. How to wonder what bonuses await for 11s....

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

You can't Zanshin either hit of a DA. You also can't DA a Zanshin hit. Basically if it it would make you swing three times, in any order, then it can't happen.

I assume the same is true for Triple Attack and Quadruple Attack.
    So if DA will have a priority over zanshin from hasso then SAM probably would want to not have DA ^^ Would be pretty funny to make build for that :D

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

DNC is the only other job that "readies something for a skilchain" I think:
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Wild_Flourish

Hooray, Zanshin is finally worthwhile (maybe!) Someone is going to have to parse the crap out of it to find out how it really works. xD Isn't like they said it's main job only though.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm confused, how does SAM adjustments put SAM back on top for everyone to bandwagon. I feel like I'm missing something incredibly obvious

Oh, I guess I skimmed and didn't notice people were talking about Ikishoten. Derp, I had forgotten that merit even existed.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Question to SAM's out there. Does this make Nanatsusaya worthwhile assuming it retains its 100% proc rate with Hasso up? I mean it makes it essentially a 100% DA GKT with the Ikishoten bonus every attack round.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

You are, people bandwagon Sam anyway they don't need it to be top of anything. Anytime something new for Sam comes to an update all you see is " this [addition] makes Sam best now, hur dur I am Sam therefore er I forgot what we were talking about? "

Closely followed by someone who feels the need to defend their War.

If you can't DA then Zanshin after this change, I wonder what the activation rate will be. Sam/Drk the new combination of choice? Ugh

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Question to SAM's out there. Does this make Nanatsusaya worthwhile assuming it retains its 100% proc rate with Hasso up? I mean it makes it essentially a 100% DA GKT with the Ikishoten bonus every attack round.
    Low dmg, can't do fudo/kaiten.

Probably not.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I don't know about this, being able to guarantee DA every round with your best native offensive JA up as the only other proviso seems quite broken.

As mentioned this essentially gives you 100TP in 2 rounds if you were to use a 5 hit build. Assuming capped/high accuracy (which isn't hard).

If they don't fix it at first, expect it happen sooner or later.

Edit

5hit build with Ikishoten merits

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'm pretty sure they've made this exact same SC adjustment like 2 other times already lol. Nobody cares if it lowers the stupid elemental resistance.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Rez View Post
    I don't know about this, being able to guarantee DA every round with your best native offensive JA up as the only other proviso seems quite broken.

As mentioned this essentially gives you 100TP in 2 rounds if you were to use a 5 hit build. Assuming capped/high accuracy (which isn't hard).

If they don't fix it at first, expect it happen sooner or later.

Edit

5hit build with Ikishoten merits

No, Nanatsusaya is still crap. Assuming it will be normal activation rate with hasso you are not going from 0 to 100% with this gkt but from 50%+ to 100%. It will lose on avg damage a lot with Masamune. It can be good for one thing - if you are only DD and have no Masamune and mob have enough HP you can constantly 5-6 step darkness.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

No, Nanatsusaya is still crap. Assuming it will be normal activation rate with hasso you are not going from 0 to 100% with this gkt but from 50%+ to 100%. It will lose on avg damage a lot with Masamune. It can be good for one thing - if you are only DD and have no Masamune and mob have enough HP you can constantly 5-6 step darkness.
    Nobody said Nanatsusaya is good.

You've made a lot of assumptions and claims in opening two pages already, stating some stuff as fact.

Nobody stated that you would be going up from 0% activation rate with this update, because that would be retarded. Zanshin however currently only activates on a miss, so you aren't getting two hits out of it every time it does activate.

Being able to guarantee two attacks every round with a 2 handed weapon is what I suggested would be broken. Because it is. Given that you would have to use a shitty GKT to do so doesn't mean you should be able to guarantee every fucking round guaranteed.

None of this is in reference to using a better weapon or ws or job or w/e you want to assume. It's simply in answer to speculation purely about the Nanatsusaya.