Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Dev Tracker - Job adjustments 3rd June 2011

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...599#post114599

[dev1017] Job Adjustments and Refinements

The next version update is scheduled to feature the following job adjustments:

White Mage

The effect duration of the job ability Divine Caress will be increased from 1 minute to 3 minutes.

Thief

Effect range for the job abilities Accomplice and Collaborator will be expanded.

Paladin

The effect for the job ability Cover will be partially modified.
    The job ability Shield Bash will grant a damage bonus based on the type of shield used.
    The job ability Divine Emblem will grant a damage bonus based on the player's divine magic skill.

Samurai

A new job ability that readies its target for a skillchain will be added.
    The effectiveness of the job trait Store TP will increase at level 90 instead of 91.
    The job abilities Hasso and Seigan will be refined as follows:

Hasso

Hasso will now occasionally trigger Zanshin even after landing a normal attack.

Seigan

The likelihood that Seigan will cause Third Eye to counter an anticipated attack will be augmented with a bonus based upon the player's Zanshin attack rate.

Ninja

The job abilities Innin and Yonin will no longer share the same recast timer.

Blue Mage

While the job ability Azure Lore is in effect, it will be possible to perform skillchains and magic bursts with blue magic.

Corsair

A bonus effect will activate when the total value of a Phantom Roll is XI.

Additional Adjustments

During the window of time in which players may perform magic bursts after a skillchain, the target's resistance to the skillchain's corresponding element or elements will be decreased.

Ex. 1) When a Transfixion skillchain is successfully executed: Transfixion is aligned to the element light, so the target enemy's resistance to light-based spells would decrease.
    Ex. 2) When a Light skillchain is successfully executed: Light is aligned to the elements of fire, wind, lightning, and light, so the target enemy's resistance to spells based on any of those elements would decrease.

*We are in the process of devising a roadmap for subsequent job adjustments, which we plan to unveil in the near future. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

-----
    If you wish to discuss or submit feedback on this topic, please use the [dev1017] tag.

BLU's 2hr actually being useful? Crazy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmm, want to see that roadmap asap

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Samurai is back on top baby! SUCK IT TREBEK!

Those were the best PLD adjustments they could think of?????????????? Shield bash is going to be the new Chi blast?? Cover is going to suck partially instead of completely? Divine Emblem > holy for OMFGBBQ damage??

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

How cover will work after the update - When you Evade the target behind you gets hit!

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Nothing for SMN... again...

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wonder wtf the new sam JA is gonna do exactly... How do you ready something for a SC?

Also wonder if these new DAs/counters will work with Ikishoten, since they make a point to say they're zanshin based.

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

no love for drk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hookah View Post
    Wonder wtf the new sam JA is gonna do exactly... How do you ready something for a SC?
    Something like DNC maybe? Or makes it so that the mob takes more dmg from SC.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by test123 View Post
    no love for drk
    DRK just got buffed last update...

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why the timer raise for Divine caress exactly? Its not like i'm using it now (lol macro space) but still.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila View Post
    Why the timer raise for Divine caress exactly? Its not like i'm using it now (lol macro space) but still.
    Recast timer is unchanged, duration of effect is buffed.

I imagine it will make the target have less chance of resisting the skillchain damage or effect (if it turns out that the -defence can be resisted; doubt it, but you never know).

New sTP trait has me excited, though without wishing to seem ungrateful it makes me wonder if samurai will get anything else from going 91-95.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Super tired, misread. though it goes to show what I expect from SE. Maybe I'll actually use it now.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Dooom View Post
    I imagine it will make the target have less chance of resisting the skillchain damage or effect (if it turns out that the -defence can be resisted; doubt it, but you never know).
    Lol seriously none know this flourish? flourish This is exactly the same thing.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

my best bet on the new ability would be that it extends the skillchain window for a notable amount of time, or until it's closed by someone, or perhaps even only exclusively the samurai them self

assuming it's the latter (x2), pretty big step up from sengikori, though will also make sengikori worthwhile to use outside of sekkanoki :D

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The return of the SAMwagon!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

still won't even come within a mile of ukon war/sam inside abyssea, but i wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of full time unkai +1 5/5 retards meriting 5/5 zanshin/ikishoten and dragging that mess around inside

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Once again check the Wild flourish and stop creating some lol ideas about new JA XD

Idk what is wrong with meritig Ikishoten now? 50% "double attack" during hasso for crazy amount of TP?
    It's partial boost to DRK WAR etc. as well. Even with 25% activation WAR will have now 30% DA and 25% for another "DA"? That is pretty crazy
    Btw if hasso still be a haste or they changing it all?

Imo it is some crazy change for SAM. It will practically have 100 TP every 1-2 attack round.

Assuming with new trait it will be very easy to 5 hit that is 50% for 55(20+35) TP per round. Add Double attack to this and you will probably never need more then 2 attack rounds for 100TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Hmm, want to see that roadmap asap
    Truthiness.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast