+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Anime Thread.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level

I'm just saying, the one time where just reading along the script would work best, they gonna go out of their way to fuck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    I'm just saying, the one time where just reading along the script would work best, they gonna go out of their way to fuck it up.
    True lol, on the flip side I can see people watching the dub complaining that QB sounds like fucking Lymle if they did it right.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Just saw the FMA: Brotherhood movie, Sacred Star of Milos at Otakon. Was pretty good but it was really early in the story and didn't really contribute anything other extra to it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    Just saw the FMA: Brotherhood movie, Sacred Star of Milos at Otakon. Was pretty good but it was really early in the story and didn't really contribute anything other extra to it.
    That's to be expected since it's not nice to mess with canon, but I wish there was a way to have extra story...

Black Belt
    BG Level

They pretty much left the epilogue open since both Ed and Al went on their own journey, so if Hiromu Arakawa really want to go for it, she probably could

Ridill
    BG Level

The chimeras need to get their bodies back!

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.jefusion.com/2011/08/code...e-in-2012.html

Code Geass GAIDEN Due in 2012

It has been revealed mid last year that a new Code Geass project, in the form of “Code Geass GAIDEN: The Ruined Land of Akito” is in the works. It has been confirmed by Sunrise that they are "looking forward on releasing" the anime next year.

Code Geass GAIDEN: The Ruined Land of Akito was dubbed by Masayuki Ozaki, the General Manager of Overseas Development of Sunrise, as the “next season of Code Geass”. He also revealed that the new series will be taking place “in the same world as Lelouch except with different characters (...) the stage is set in Europe, so we'll see a lot of European countries.”

The director is Kazuki Akane (The Vision of Escaflowne, Noein - to your other self), Shigeru Morita (Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, Blood+) and Takahiro Kimura once again adapting CLAMP's original character designs for animation, and Akira Yasuda returns to design the mechanical Knightmare units.

Code Geass GAIDEN: The Ruined Land of Akito took place in the European warfront, where a Knightmare unit made of boys and girls from Zone Eleven is sent into a military operation with a 5% chance of survival. They must rescue an allied unit left behind on the European warfront.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wasn't there supposed to be another Geass project that took place after R2 in the works?

Black Belt
    BG Level

sounds pretty shitty, I'd rather have them reboot the abortion that was R2

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    sounds pretty shitty, I'd rather have them reboot the abortion that was R2
    I'm a little confused why everyone hates on R2 so much; aside from Rollo I didn't think it was that bad, and I really liked the ending. What was wrong with R2 in everyone else's opinions? It wasn't like Death Note where the best char dies in the middle of the series and the rest is just complete bullshit, it was actually entertaining to me from start to finish. Although it's subjective, the massive hate for R2 has to come from somewhere - I just don't understand it that well.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I just hated how the series decided to randomly start from the beginning instead of continuing from the cliffhanger ending of season 1, then just came up with a totally fucking retarded resolution to that standoff via flashbacks. Then they just make the same school days faggotry as if nothing really happened in s1, I'd imagine there ought to be some kind of consequences to the entire rebellion in the last arc of S1, but there is not a damn thing that actually took hold and mattered.

Then let's go on the extra characters that is completely unneeded at best and useless at worst. They build up the knights of the round as the biggest badass ever, but most of them just randomly died to Karen and/or Suzaku in the most anti-climactic manner. They also build up Xingke as this badass on S1, and it turned out he's just a dying tool that couldn't even accomplish a damn thing and ended up being Lelouche and/or Schneizel's pawn the entire time. And the biggest offender is just how Charles and Marianne character's end. They were built up to be a really important characters on S1 and the first half of S2, then all of a sudden they just popped up Human Instrumentality shit, killing God, etc, etc, etc then killed off without really explaining much of anything of their importance. There is probably some other annoying shit I missed, mainly because I don't feel like making a list as it involve me recalling and god forbid rewatching the series to go into the details.

The ending is acceptable for whatever the series became at that point, but frankly it's just too retarded for me to even care, it seem like they just up and forget the fact that Lelouche has Charles' crest by that point and decided to just "eh, fuck it, it's not like we named this season R2 or anything...oh shit"

That's my take on the series, but I'm sure not everyone share my hatred toward s2 though.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Nothing you listed came close to Rolo faggotry.

EDIT: Or High School Girls making Super nukes.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I'm a little confused why everyone hates on R2 so much; aside from Rollo I didn't think it was that bad, and I really liked the ending. What was wrong with R2 in everyone else's opinions? It wasn't like Death Note where the best char dies in the middle of the series and the rest is just complete bullshit, it was actually entertaining to me from start to finish. Although it's subjective, the massive hate for R2 has to come from somewhere - I just don't understand it that well.
    There is just many issues that can't easily be overlooked imo. I still enjoyed it in overall, and I loved the ending, but they missed a great opportunity to make something much better. Zilong listed most of my gripe already, but the reset at the beginning, the long arc in china where nothing happen, the instrumentality project 2.0 that never really went anywhere (I loved the idea, was just poorly done), characters's personalities changing for no good reason other than making the show progress toward a specific direction, Lelouch's magical remote controller...There was many annoyings things about the show.

You could tell the story writer (forgot his name) had his hands tied in the second season and couldnt finish what he started properly. It's a shame really, because a proper sequel would have been much better.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Coolbeans View Post
    Nothing you listed came close to Rolo faggotry.

EDIT: Or High School Girls making Super nukes.
    Her last name is Einstein, that's totally logical.

And really, I didn't list Rolo because that's a bit too obvious.

Damn. How do you remember all their names? Other than Lelouch, Suzaku and Karen, I'm like "Who..?" Lol. Maybe I just didn't care for it that much.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I always manage to remember random details from a series that I absolutely hate or absolutely love.

ie: Naname nanajuu nanadou no narabi de naku naku inanaku nanahan nanadai nannaku narabete naganagame.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Because R2 takes the whole "just as planned" bullshit to meta-levels never reached even by the likes of Kira.

At least that's what I hated the most about R2 besides that uppity faggot Rolo.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also hated the fucking fact the Geass basically turned into the damn Sharingan where everyone damn near had one.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Now I see (a week later lol), I forgot about the reset in the beginning, that really confused me when I was watching it the first time. Yeah, I guess there are a few things I really wasn't down with either, especially continuing school life after the rebellion. I kind of just ignored the whole Charles/Marianne thing because it went retarded and could have basically been taken out or changed without really affecting much, or at least that's how I think I felt when I watched it. As for characters being built up and then killed easily, I think that's what happens in real war so I'm okay with it (it makes sense from a realistic point of view, even though a lot of stuff in the series isn't realistic at all). In the end though the actual ending managed to be pretty terrific so I guess I can forgive a few faults (but I can never forgive the aberration that is Rolo).

The Death Note analogies are interesting, especially next to the fact that a lot of people ended up with the Geass around the end, as I recall a few people more than necessary (the necessary amount in my mind either being 1 or 2) ended up with a Death Note too. It's kind of stupid when a bunch of people have the super rare never-before-heard-of power that sets the main character apart.

I am due for a rewatch of the series though, so maybe I'll have a new or revitalized perspective on it after a while.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    The Death Note analogies are interesting, especially next to the fact that a lot of people ended up with the Geass around the end, as I recall a few people more than necessary (the necessary amount in my mind either being 1 or 2) ended up with a Death Note too. It's kind of stupid when a bunch of people have the super rare never-before-heard-of power that sets the main character apart.
    There are only like 2 Death Notes total in the series. Maybe 3 but I can't think of it.

Or I didn't get what you meant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag