+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Anime Thread.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xajii View Post
    H-Heathens... don't skip original series. If you think it's boring, you should just watch the movie compilation. The 3 movie set is pretty much the same as the 40-some episode series sans filler and boredom. It's a good series, open your mind!

Zeta's a classic, but has its flaws, and unfortunately the compilation movies are less than recommendable. I love Zeta for what it is, and it's hard to say that it's boring after the first 20 eps or so, since people are dying left and right...

If you want good Gundam series besides those 2, I suggest 0080, 0083, Turn A, 08th MS Team, G Gundam if you realize it's a parody and meant to be silly, SEED is ok but not Destiny, 00 i pretty good just don't watch the movie.

Yeah, I'm watching the original series and I'm actually liking it so far. I caught a few episodes here and there when it ran on toonami, but i'm basically watching it for the 1st time. There's less action than most other Gundam series, but that doesn't make it bad. I'll watch Zeta after cause I've never seen that at all.
    I dont think I'll watch ZZ though cause from what I hear it's more of a comedy than anything.

SEED wasn't as bad as everyone says. Definitely not near the best Gundam series, but it's far from a terrible anime. However that only goes for the 1st season of SEED. The 2nd season goes far beyond horrible\, especially when compared to the 1st because the plot is literally almost exactly the same plot as the 1st season.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

The first half of ZZ Gundam is more of a comedy. At the halfway point various things happen that put it back on a serious tone. Personally, I found the second half good enough to justify slogging through the first but I'll admit it's a big hurdle.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

ZZ? AVOID THAT SHIT.

First 20 episodes are a complete joke and waste of time. It does get serious after Tomino gets back with it but even then it's not enough.

First opening sucks too

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    With the epilogue volume for Spice and Wolf. I wonder if Studio Brains Base will ever consider ending the series. they're sit­ting on so many prop­er­ties that could do with a sequel...

Spoiler: show

It's kinda a running joke that Brainbase doesn't do sequel...except for Natsume :/

Doesn't really makes sense when they can literally print money with some of the series like Durarara though.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I know I've seen some posted in the past related to this subject, but what are some good websites (hopefully more than one since I know everyone has different opinions) for reviews of anime each season? Preferably going back a few seasons or maybe even years. I generally watch 5+ series each season now, but I'm kind of curious what other good anime I've potentially missed due to not having enough time or just not seeing much talk on them in anime topics here. I only really started watching a lot of them over the past year or two. I have a good amount of free time now and want to try building my anime collection. ;x

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Not sure if it ever came up during the Spring season thread but I just watched all of Marvel's X-Men anime and it was extremely goddamn good. Felt like what I remember of the old cartoon where they actually interject story when appropriate and try to a great overall show instead of what I guess I expect now from action shows as excuses for tons of well-drawn fighting. I think my only gripes with it were based in expectation for it to be another awesome action show so I'm not mad about that all, but I still wish Beast would've got to show off a little more.

short form: Wolverine is perfecto and episode 11 will blow your damn mind

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

ZZ got a lot better once Haman returned to the center stage. Also Qubeleys and lots of them.

Nut Steamer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Anyone knows where to get raw anime? (Yes I googled, but many of the sites r just dead gdi)

Try TokyoTosho? I know they upload raws there.

Speaking of Gundam, what other ones are must see?

Seen Wing (didn't like it 10 years ago), 00 (good), G Gundam (epic), 8th MS (good) and what's out of Unicorn. Trying to avoid SEED since I've heard nothing good about it, what else is there?

Ridill
    BG Level

I remember
    0080: War in the Pocket
    0083: Stardust Memory
    Being decent. Both are pretty short too. 80 is 6 episodes, 0083 is 13ish. Both take place in UC, but without all the Newtype rubbish

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post

Seen Wing (didn't like it 10 years ago), 00 (good), G Gundam (epic), 8th MS (good) and what's out of Unicorn. Trying to avoid SEED since I've heard nothing good about it, what else is there?
    As Souj said, 0080 and 0083.
    Original series (watch the movie trilogy) and Zeta I would consider must-see as well, and if you ask me, Turn A is probably the all-around best Gundam series there is, but it's not really very Gundam-y.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I loved the Dark History in Turn A. Watch Gundam X too.

spoilers for those that haven't watch it yet

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Noir

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post

SEED isn't that bad. I found it decent. I think its tv ratings were the best since the first Gundam series at the time? Or I was just ill-informed. SEED Destiny is the one to avoid.

Other the that, what Souj said and Gundam X which is alright.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Noir

can't be played in england :/ is it Noir anime of the game or just an anime named Noir?

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noir_%28anime%29

noir 26 episode anime, was decent back in the days~

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I'm not quite sure if anyone is interested, but shiki manga is finally over. It's basically the same as the series, but they added a short epilogue at the end that is slightly different (p31+)
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/shiki/v11/c041/31.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag