BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    There are only like 2 Death Notes total in the series. Maybe 3 but I can't think of it.

Or I didn't get what you meant.
    Well the deathnote got passed around like a cheap asian hooker, by the end of the series it felt like just about every main character had used one of the two.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

There where 3 the first one Light got, Misa's, and Rems that Light got after she died.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    Well the deathnote got passed around like a cheap asian hooker, by the end of the series it felt like just about every main character had used one of the two.
    This.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Touhou animu, not quite voiced though

If I remember correctly, excluding the shinigami's, only four characters used the death note to kill. Light, Misa, that company guy and Teru.

It wasn't passed around THAT much and is no where near the amount of Geass owning characters.

Anyways, you guys may of heard of this already, but I found out that a few people committed a death note immatation crimes. Kind cool since the guys in Bakuman go through the same thing, so it was all taken from experience.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    Anyways, you guys may of heard of this already, but I found out that a few people committed a death note immatation crimes.
    How in the hell?

Would assume in the "Did you know shinigami love red apples?" sense. Though, guess some kind of news report would be interesting.

Nothing crazy, but kind of funny.

From wikipedia:

There have been various copycat crimes around the world which were based on Death Note. On September 28, 2007, two notes written with Latin characters stating "Watashi wa Kira desu", or "I am Kira" (私はキラです watashi wa Kira desu)[89] were found near the unidentified remains of a Caucasian male in Belgium. The case has been called the "Mangamoord" (Dutch for Manga Murder) in Belgian media. Nothing was found on or near the victim besides these two notes.[90]

A senior at the Franklin Military Academy in Richmond, Virginia, United States was suspended after being caught possessing a replica "Death Note" notebook with the names of fellow students.[91]

In South Carolina, U.S. in 2008, school officials seized a "Death Note" notebook from a Hartsville Middle School student. District officials linked the notebook to the anime/manga. The notebook listed seven students' names. The school planned a disciplinary hearing and contacted the seven students' parents.[92]

In Gadsden, Alabama, U.S. two sixth grade boys were arrested for possessions of "Death Notes" that listed names of several staff members and fellow students. According to Etowah County Sheriff's Department Sgt. Lanny Handy, the notebook was found the previous afternoon by a staffer. The students were suspended from the county's schools. The students, their parents, and school officials had met with Handy and a junior probation officer.[93]

In Gig Harbor, Washington, U.S. one middle school student was expelled and three were suspended on May 14, 2008 for having their own "Death Note" books.[94]

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post

Holy shit, the art and animation is lovely. Can't really tell about anything else, but it's a fun watch if you like touhou. Oddly faithful to the game even though it hardly needs to be. Fights be super short too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post

Thanks for the link. Was watching it last night and thought it was amazing, absolutely amazing. The art and animation are extremely professional and actually better than some of the lower-end TV anime out there. Really hoping they continue but I doubt it since it took so long and they weren't paid for it at all. Really glad they did finish it on time although without the voices...

Black Belt
    BG Level

I'd take it unvoiced but following the canon storyline rather than voiced but going off some fanon faggotry like that last one.

Though I do admit that the seiyuu choices from that last one was kinda amazing, since they got few big name like Nakahara Mai, Tanaka Rie, and few other iirc

Voices are just icing on the cake for me. The real substance comes from animation/art, especially in something like Touhou where the story can vary depending on who writes it. But since it's based on the game story, it better damn well have good art and animation lol

So I went to Comiket this Saturday. What I expected was some Cosplay, hentai anime based on existing IPs, etc, but it turned out to be 75% BL/yaoi hentai. Seriously, 1/2 of East wing and all of West wing was this stuff. Did I miss a memo or is that what Comiket is?

Quote Originally Posted by popsiclestix View Post
    Did I miss a memo or is that what Comiket is?
    Sounds about right.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So I went to Comiket this Saturday. What I expected was some Cosplay, hentai anime based on existing IPs, etc, but it turned out to be 75% BL/yaoi hentai. Seriously, 1/2 of East wing and all of West wing was this stuff. Did I miss a memo or is that what Comiket is?
    75% fat fujoshi (female otaku)

sounds dead on to me

Touhou lead the most with 2808 books released at Comiket and then everything else was Fujoshi stuff. Hetalia had 1302, Basara had 870, Prince of Tennis 468, Durarara 380, etc. For reference, K-On! had only 246 and Madoka had 236.

So yeah, that shouldn't be surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    75% fat fujoshi (female otaku)

sounds dead on to me
    Yeah... I have never seen so many ugly japanese women in one area before.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Ikebukuro ruins everything

High School of the Dead any good? Aside from the obvious naked girls every episode, is it enjoyable plot-wise, etc?

Black Belt
    BG Level

it's alright I guess, but Saeko was the only reason I watched it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag