Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Anime Thread.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I've seen worse, but I can't say chrono crusade was great. The show stopped being funny after a few episodes, and the plot wasnt all that great. The ending, while being very emotional, came out of nowhere and didn't feel right (probably because they made it up for the anime)...it was jus weird.

@souj
    Code Geass, despite all the failure in season 2, had one of the most awesome ending. The last episode was just perfect.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Don't think it was too bad overall, oh and during that time there was another good anime, Read or Die. (both the ova and TV series) was good i think

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Code Geass ending was full of wtf imo.

I never had any problems with Code Geass, even when it had all that school/romance bullshit going on. Still one of my all-time favorites.

Now that my computer can play anime again, I'm going to get back into Twin Spica. Anyone else watch it? From back in 2003 and is really well done, absolutely love it. Going to finish it in the next few days.

Here's the OP (warning: might be a little loud, so heads up)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Now that my computer can play anime again, I'm going to get back into Twin Spica. Anyone else watch it? From back in 2003 and is really well done, absolutely love it. Going to finish it in the next few days.
    I completely forgot about that show, I'll definitely be re-watch it once i finish with Revolutionary Girl Utena. since I'm attempting to get mental statue ready for Kunihiko IKUHARA's next "mind-fuck" project.

PS It's Mawaru Penguin Drum if anyone is wondering.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Have the full spoilers for Haruhi volume 10 come out yet and does anyone know where I can find them?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I hope I'm not the only one here with the Steel Angel Kurumi series DVDs. ADV released them back in the day and it was actually an alright series mixed in with ecchi. Dub wasn't too bad either. Season 2 was pretty terrible tbh.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Karas ~

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

Got pulled back into FFXI and missed pretty the entire last season (current season) of Anime. So... What's good? Also, I think I missed a bit from the previous season as well (Watched Madoka, but I can't remember if I saw anything else).

I kinda liked the old Anime Thread just because I could skim back and see what shows people were talking about... I don't know where to even look in the new setup.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

What's good: depends on what you're into, but I think most would agree that Ano Hana is one of the best series in spring season. Nichijou is good if you like slice of life/random KyoAni stuff, I've been enjoying it. Steins;Gate (time travel) and C (economy-focused drama) are both pretty good too.

Previous season's stuff was kinda meh, Madoka was the best thing by far.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Last season:
    Gosick, which is still airing, is pretty good as well. I was initially going to skip it but watched it anyway a few weeks ago and it honestly surprised me. Only other show I watched from that season is that zombie one, which was humorous sometimes, but I probably wouldn't recommend it unless you like cliche jokes (or parodies of them). I really had to power through those first few eps.

This season:
    Ano Hana, C, and Steins;Gate as mentioned. I'm watching a few others, but those stand out the most. Only one I dropped so far was Hanasaku, but not because it was bad (though I don't know if its good either), just because it made me fucking rage.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I dropped Hanasaku too. The first couple eps showed so much promise and then it just dropped the fucking ball right on its own foot. Watched a few more eps after that and it just failed to be anything special or interesting. Still watching Gosick but it's not as good as I hoped it would be when I first heard about it. I expect more from a BONES series I guess, though Gosick is by no means a bad show. It's just kind of anticlimactic most of the time.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Glad I'm not the only one who think that about hanasaku. I absolutely loved the first two episodes, but the show turned into some boring slice of life that is trying to milk his cute female cast like every other animes. That stuff annoys me to no end.

That said, last week episode was pretty good, and it made me hope that we will see more like this.

Hanasaku is alright, they could've certainly done something better like this girls journey through life... not just some shitty SoL about an inn. It has some nice moments, but the setting is kinda boring.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Pretty sure that's what the show was always meant to be.

Doesn't mean it isn't disappointing.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

just watched all of hunterxhunter anime... i really wish the mangaka wouldnt have ruined the series..

Yeah. HxH is probably the only SJ battle manga that I would buy in anime. They didn't fuck it up with fillers.

Edit: also, is Eureka 7 worth watching? Read the summary thing on MAL and it sounded alright.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post

Edit: also, is Eureka 7 worth watching? Read the summary thing on MAL and it sounded alright.
    Definitely

Meh, I didn't like E7, but I think it was because the show couldn't seem to settle on what it wanted to be, be it teen drama, mecha anime, or some kind of save the world bullshit.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag