+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Anime Thread.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Loved its art, but the story left me scratching my head at times. Fighting and such was top notch, but the mystical elements seemed dumb or impractical to the world if you consider what they went through repeating every so many years, as they barely fucking did it.
    Yeah the story had me wut? at times but I thought it did a great job of wrapping itself up. Balsa was a fucking boss.

Ridill
    BG Level

Anyone have a link to somewhere I can download the original Mobile Suit Gundam? Playing DW Gundam 3 has put me in the mood to watch all of the UC Gundams again. I can find all of them but the original, and searching doesn't help too much as "mobile suit gundam" brings up every gundam series ever.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ridill
    BG Level

Thanks. Clicked the torrent and it started downloading. I was about to say I didn't need to register, but I was logged in so I apparently was already registered lol

so my next question is; Should I watch them chronologically or in order released?

Ridill
    BG Level

Durarara! :

wtf is this anime? all the episodes have been like completely different genres and I still don't get what the hell is going on (I assume that is intentional). Though the 1st 7 min or so of each episode has pretty much bored me to death.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Shin Angyou Onshi

pretty good anime I thought, was hoping for a 2nd movie

/copy paste plot

Blade of the Phantom Master takes place in the fictional land of Jushin, modeled after feudal Korea. In Jushin, there once lived secret government agents called the amheng osa (or angyō onshi in the Japanese version), who traveled the countryside in disguise. They were charged by the king with finding and punishing corrupt government officials, and bringing justice to the country's citizens.

At the start of the series, Jushin has been destroyed, fractured into numerous fiefdoms and kingdoms, many of which are ruled by corrupt and tyrannical warlords. Blade of the Phantom Master follows the adventures of one of the remaining amen osa, Munsu, as he continues to wander the countryside and deals with the chaos caused by Jushin's fall.

Though initially episodic in nature, it becomes apparent as the series progresses that Munsu's travels are not random. In truth, Munsu is searching for the man responsible for assassinating his best friend, the king of Jushin, an act that led to the fall of the country.

But as Munsu grows closer to reaching his goal, he encounters old friends and comrades from his past, some who have since switched their allegiance to his enemy. Through them, it is revealed that Munsu was not always an amheng osa and is himself partly responsible for the king's death and subsequent fall of Jushin.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Shin Angyou Onshi

pretty good anime I thought, was hoping for a 2nd movie.
    THERE'S A FUCKING ANIME FOR THIS!?
    I absolutely loved the manga, thought it was well-written with bad-ass art, holy shit I'm gonna have to look this up.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Don't think Deadman Wonderland's been mentioned.

Spoiler: show

Plot summary:

A massive earthquake ravaged Japan's mainland and destroyed most of Tokyo, sinking three-quarters of it into the ocean. Ten years later, the story shifts to Igarashi Ganta, a seemingly ordinary student attending Nagano Prefecture's middle school. An escapee, a survivor of the great earthquake, Ganta has no memories of the tragedy and has lived a normal life. This all changes when a strange man covered in blood and crimson armour floats through his classroom windows. Grinning madly, the Red Man massacres Ganta's entire class but instead of killing him, embeds a red crystal shard in Ganta's chest. Within days of the massacre, Ganta is declared the sole suspect and, following a quick trial, is sentenced to life imprisonment in Deadman Wonderland, a massive theme park like prison.

http://www.animetake.com/anime/deadman-wonderland/

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Durarara! :

wtf is this anime? all the episodes have been like completely different genres and I still don't get what the hell is going on (I assume that is intentional). Though the 1st 7 min or so of each episode has pretty much bored me to death.
    Pacing on this is weird at times, and while it ultimately gets more interesting, it's currently one of those animes you're basically left hanging on because the source material is still ongoing. I'm kind of surprised AS picked it up, really.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Durarara! :

Typically, the first couple of scenes are the aftermatch, and the rest of the episodes show the events that led to it. If they seem uninteresting, you should instead look for hints or ask yourself why they are showing this to you. Trying to figure out where why they are showing you half of this stuff is one of the most fun aspect of this show imo. I'm not saying every scenes are great, some characters and story werent that good, but there is usually more to it than what you see at first.

I'm not exactly sure how many episodes you watched, but it takes around 12 episodes to get a clear idea where they want to do with this series. If you watched Bacanno before however, you can expect something similar I guess. A bunch of intertwined story that go in completely random directions.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    THERE'S A FUCKING ANIME FOR THIS!?
    I absolutely loved the manga, thought it was well-written with bad-ass art, holy shit I'm gonna have to look this up.

yeah theirs a movie for it, don't think there is a 2nd movie for it as far as I know

/random pics in no particular order

http://www.neko-sentai.com/images9ruf/mov1.jpg
    http://www.neko-sentai.com/images9ruf/mov2.jpg
    http://www.neko-sentai.com/images9ruf/mov3.jpg
    http://www.neko-sentai.com/images9ruf/mov4.jpg
    http://www.neko-sentai.com/images9ruf/mov5.jpg

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm looking for some anime with a sarcastic male protagonist, someone like Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad and to certain extent, Yuichi Aizawa from Kanon. Does anyone have some good suggestions? Any genre is fine except for yaoi.

Thanks in advance yo.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Thanks. Clicked the torrent and it started downloading. I was about to say I didn't need to register, but I was logged in so I apparently was already registered lol

so my next question is; Should I watch them chronologically or in order released?
    Watch them chronologically. It works better, I think.

The first series and Zeta Gundam(the 2nd) are pretty boring, though lol. I'm only on episode 5 of ZZ Gundam(slowly watching it,) but it's not that good either. After that, though, like 08th MS Team/0080 War in a Pocket/0083 are pretty awesome.

And yeah, Bakemonogatari @ Skai.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I tried to re-watch all of Gundam as well but the first and second seasons were so boring I had to stop. Stopped after the first episode of ZZ and haven't gone back. I remember it being so much better but it is 30 years old. I've been debating on just skipping ahead to Wing and SEED but I've been too busy catching up on other series. 100gb of Gundam on my comp but man the early stuff was really bad looking at it now, can't believe I thought it was so amazing when I was a kid.

Black Belt
    BG Level

skipping seed will save you so much brain cells and stomach lining

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

H-Heathens... don't skip original series. If you think it's boring, you should just watch the movie compilation. The 3 movie set is pretty much the same as the 40-some episode series sans filler and boredom. It's a good series, open your mind!

Zeta's a classic, but has its flaws, and unfortunately the compilation movies are less than recommendable. I love Zeta for what it is, and it's hard to say that it's boring after the first 20 eps or so, since people are dying left and right...

If you want good Gundam series besides those 2, I suggest 0080, 0083, Turn A, 08th MS Team, G Gundam if you realize it's a parody and meant to be silly, SEED is ok but not Destiny, 00 i pretty good just don't watch the movie.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    I'm looking for some anime with a sarcastic male protagonist, someone like Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad and to certain extent, Yuichi Aizawa from Kanon. Does anyone have some good suggestions? Any genre is fine except for yaoi.

Thanks in advance yo.
    Haruhi is basically the obvious pick for this, Gintama is really good for it too considering everyone in that series is incredibly sarcastic and that's kind of what the whole show runs on. Interestingly, both main male characters are voiced by the same actor...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Word. That reminded me, I never got to seeing the second season of Haruhi. Anyway, I'm watching Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko at the moment and the main lead has some sarcastic qualities. It's pretty interesting so far for those that haven't watch it yet.

Gonna be checking out Gintama too, but damn though, 200+ episodes? lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

With the epilogue volume for Spice and Wolf. I wonder if Studio Brains Base will ever consider ending the series. they're sit­ting on so many prop­er­ties that could do with a sequel...

Spoiler: show

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag