Closed Thread
Page 3 of 141 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level

What's the consensus among Gundam fans with G Gundam? Sucks? Awesome? Neutral? I remember enjoying watching it, but I was 11 and 12 when it was on so I'm sure my perspective on it is way off.

Black Belt
    BG Level

so bad it's good

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'm personally not a big fan of it but I know a lot of people that liked it, but then again I never watched the full series. I got annoyed with it after thinking it was kinda stupid in comparison to the UC and AC timelines, but I did also never give it a chance and most of what I know from the series, outside of what I watched was from playing Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

I strongly disliked G Gundam compared to Wing and 8th MS team which I had seen at the time. Thought it was too childish.

Then again I liked Seed (not Destiny) so I guess my opinion is skewed.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

G Gundam was my second Gundam series I think, after watching Gundam Wing back when I didn't even know how or where to get subbed anime. I thought it was awesome compared to Gundam Wing when I didn't need a good story to keep myself entertained. I would be scared to rewatch G Gundam now though, especially subbed, it was just too good dubbed. Most likely just nostalgia though, I'm sure it would be terrible if I watched it now.

Black Belt
    BG Level

my only memories of gundam wing was emo all around and the retarded censor of kill > destroy

I suppose I could rewatch the entire series in sub, but meh, can't imagine it being much better. But yeah, G Gundam is as hilarious subbed as it is dubbed.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

G Gundam is my all time favorite. Watch it in full twice while waiting for internet after the Tornado here. Same for CCA, F91, and other dubbed Gundam shit I have. First three mobile suit gundam movies are worth watching too, but they've never been dubbed before.

You don't get this manly shit in gundamu

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

G Gundam is pretty different, it might as well not have been called Gundam since it's so radically different from every other Gundam series. I enjoyed it when it first aired because I didn't watch it like a Gundam series(only one I saw before it was Wing, then eventually 0083 and that opened me up to the awesomeness of UC) and just enjoyed it for what it is. I've rewatched it subbed and dubbed once several several years later and I still think it's a pretty awesome anime. Good Gundam anime? Not really.

And the dub is leagues ahead of the sub for me. Only wish they made another dub for the DVD's that changed a few things back(prefer God Gundam vs Devil Gundam over Burning Gundam over Dark Gundam, silly nitpick though). If you liked other super robot shows like Gurren Lagann and such, you'll most likely enjoy G Gundam.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Saga View Post
    What's the consensus among Gundam fans with G Gundam? Sucks? Awesome? Neutral? I remember enjoying watching it, but I was 11 and 12 when it was on so I'm sure my perspective on it is way off.
    I've always gone with 'not bad, but not Gundam'

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Coming from a UCfag, I enjoyed G Gundam greatly. It could pass as not-Gundam too, but whatever. I'm alittle torn between which I liked more out of the trio of mid-90s alternative timeline series though (being chronologically G > W > X). I'd probably place X alittle above G, and Wing last.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

G Gundam was so great because of how over the top ridiculous it was.

Up there with Giga Drill Breaker for my top ridiculous anime attacks.

OT: I hate the character design of this new one D:

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Am I the only one that thought of megaman when you see the fat white guy with he beard and the 2 kids?

and yeah, this looks pretty bad.
    You're not alone, the first thing I thought when I saw this was "this shit look like megaman".

As for looking bad, I don't know. I actually like the retro style they are using. It may looks kiddy, but it's not like japan havent made good movie before with such style. If they are confident they can make something good with this, count me in.
    Sadly, it doesnt mean it will be remotly decent either. It could very well turn into a garbage aimed at kids (and only kids)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Having now watched the trailer, I am not too happy with the designs(seriously thought that guy was Doctor Light from Maverick Hunter X for abit) but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since I thought Gundam 00 was gonna suck.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Not impressed.. The character designs don't sit well with me and the Gundam looks awful in comparison to the dragon mechs (which remind me a lot of SRW)..

Black Belt
    BG Level

Yeah, the dragon mech really doesn't feel like it belong on Gundam universe at all, which is retarded when combined with the Gundam's design being that close to the RX-78

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Late to this, bug G-Gundam was filled with so much cheese, it actually made it better. Some of the most awesome attacks/Gundams of all time. WINDMILL GUNDAM MAN. WINDMILL. GUNDAM.

This new series is going to bomb hard.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wont know if it bombs until it airs.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

GOD FINGER! Sekiha RABU RABU Ten-kyou-ken!

That scene is way better in japanese.

Also, this new Gundam looks like some kiddy shit. Will just have to make do with Gundam Unicorn.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

The first King of Hearts in that final attack doesn't let out the manliest grunt ever before it hits in the sub, so I disagree.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

G Gundam was awesome for the cheese, over the topness, and blatant stereotyping.

I mean come on: There was a Gundam called the Tequila Gundam. And the Neo Mexico Colony was a giant freakin' sombrero. I will not allow anyone to speak ill of the series based on that.

And yeah, while I generally like Seki Tomokazu as a voice actor, I liked Domon's dubbed voice much better than the Japanese one.

Plus, Master Asia.

On an unrelated note, if you haven't seen it yet, google "Advicemaster Bright". Just do it.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 141 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast