Page 1 of 141 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Gundam Discussion - Twilight Axis

Is planning to be revealed next Monday.

http://en.gundam.info/topic/5582

A new Gundam project begins soon! All details will be revealed June 13th!
    A new Gundam project begins soon! What's its setting? Its story? Its mecha? Its setting? Its characters? All these will be revealed at an announcement event scheduled for 1:30 PM JST, June 13th!

This event will be livestreamed and rebroadcast on Bandai Channel Live!
    Don't miss the moment a new Gundam story begins!

New Gundam announcement event streaming details

■ Streaming contents
    New Gundam series announcement
    Announcement of related goods from Namco Bandai

■ Streaming site
    Bandai Channel Live!
    http://live.b-ch.com/
    Gundam.info
    http://www.gundam.info/

■ Streaming date
    Livestreaming
    1:30 PM JST, June 13th, 2011 (scheduled)

Rebroadcast
    (1) 7:00 PM JST, June 13th, 2011 (scheduled)
    (2) 9:00 PM JST, June 13th, 2011 (scheduled)
    (3) 11:00 PM JST, June 13th, 2011 (scheduled)

■ Supported devices
    PC / Android smartphones

・To verify device compatibility, please visit Bandai Channel (http://www.b-ch.com/) and attempt to view a free video.
    ・Streaming may be unavailable due to user circumstances.
    ・Streaming may be unavailable due to temporary circumstances.
    Unicorn Gundam ends either this year or next. Still no word on that SEED Movie, Sonomaa.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm almost certain it's going to be 2012 for Unicorn; they haven't even gotten to the second battle of Dakar yet. Episode 4 should probably only cover just up to before that point. The last two will cover Dakar and the conclusion of the story (unless the considered deviations from the novel's ending necessitate a seventh episode.. but that's well outside the scope of possibility right now).

Most Valuable Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cayden Fereles
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I'm such a sucker for Gundam. This pleases me greatly. But yeah, I'd agree on the 2012 for Unicorn. There's still a lot of story to throw around there

Black Belt
    BG Level

UC or GTFO

I mean I almost liked 00, but they just had to do that fucking movie.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    UC or GTFO

I mean I almost liked 00, but they just had to do that fucking movie.
    UC has been played out for too long. Get some originality out there. The only UC timeline I absolutely want animated is Crossbone Gundam.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    UC has been played out for too long. Get some originality out there. The only UC timeline I absolutely want animated is Crossbone Gundam.
    If they were to do this, it'd probably just have to be OVA format. Infact, they should just go ahead and do a set of three OVAs; F91, Crossbone, and I guess Skull Heart plus Steel Seven. Or perhaps there's enough there for a 50-episode TV series, altogether. There is a good deal left out of the original plans for that F91 TV series afterall, even if it was just roughly ten episodes worth of script/story. Regardless, F91 as a movie rather sucked due to all the compromises made.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

I liked Gundam 00 till the movie. The 2nd season wasn't as good as the first but compared to SeeD it was awesome. Don't think there's much more they can do with that though unless they do a prequel season or something.

Unless this is an OVA I'm not expecting it to be UC related. Either way I'm eager to find out as I'm a Gundam nerd. If it's a new G Gundam series I might cry tears of joy.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Agreed, the second half of 00 had alot of pacing issues and virtually ignoring a certain character (Graham) for significant periods of time. Still, even with those flaws, it made up for being subjected to nearly half a decade of Seed.

I didn't like the movie really at all; not because of the aliens, but moreso because of the derpy approach taken with some characters. The only Gundam movie to really not have some glaring flaws might be Char's Counterattack. Even then, i'm not a fan of movies being used to close storylines in Gundam, it honestly never really feels like it works out as well as an OVA might. Maybe that's just me though.

As long as it's not Seed-related, i'm looking forward to the upcoming announcement/series. I'd think it'll begin airing this fall. I just hope it doesn't fuck with the Unicorn Master Grade releases this year; the Delta Plus isn't until August, and we're already going to see an Endless Waltz Ver. Sandrock/Heavyarms in the next couple months/very early next year. I would be somewhat shocked if they can't even time the Banshee to Episode 4 this fall.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Hahaha, some of the artist interpretations of what that outline is on /m/ are hilarious.

Anyway, many have noted it looks a lot like Strike, but based on the reasoning behind the delay/potential cancellation of the SEED film, I doubt it's that.

Hoping for a new timeline, hoping for better writing. Loved the mech designs in 00 for the most part (well really just the Exia).

Ordered an MG Strike E + IWSP Lukas colors, should be here tomorrow. Can't wait for an EW ver. Sandrock

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Whatever they do, I hope it will be one season long. Gundam's writers can't write anything past that.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

UC is definitely old and played out.

I still hope 3000% that it's going to be a new UC series, goddamn I love me some UC

for that matter they can just use whatever the hell timeline, story, and characters they want as long as they use The Winner as the OP

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I loved 00.. and then the movie came out. Now I forget most of S2 and the movie and only remember bits of S1 lol. INNOVADAS.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Season 1 was pretty much perfect for me(minus Lockon not using TransAm until the movies fixed that). Alot of people complained about not a lot of action the first half, but a good Gundam series has never been about constant action from beginning to end. The series built up to that point and practically every character was developed and had some part of their past resolved when it finally ended.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Season 2 lost me with the lockon thing. It was hard to take them seriously after that.

@Cleverness

Lack of action never bothered me, but a few thing just fell off in that show toward the end. The way they killed some character, or never developed other was annoying.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Love Gundam, but needs to go somewhere new.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Don't think there's anything that interesting that can be done in the UC anymore, except maybe a series that leads up to the events that caused the original Moonlight Butterfly. Love me some Turn A / Turn X action.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I liked 00 (aside from the movie) as well, the problem is that it was airing around the same time as Geass and Geass R2, so it got completely out-hyped in my head on a weekly basis.

This will almost certainly be a weekly series. Unicorn is excellent, but we need a frequently airing Gundam series. It's been far too long.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xajii View Post
    Don't think there's anything that interesting that can be done in the UC anymore, except maybe a series that leads up to the events that caused the original Moonlight Butterfly. Love me some Turn A / Turn X action.
    I just want an old-school Tomino get-attached-to-a-character-then-they-die-next-episode deal again

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    I just want an old-school Tomino get-attached-to-a-character-then-they-die-next-episode deal again
    For me it was "get attached to a mobile suit and it gets asploded in the next episode," but yeah.
    (Sup Palace Athene)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There is a good deal left out of the original plans for that F91 TV series afterall, even if it was just roughly ten episodes worth of script/story. Regardless, F91 as a movie rather sucked due to all the compromises made.
    Maybe they could somehow make Season 1 of F91 and then Crossbone, or do some timeskip thing and then bam Crossbone in one season?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 141 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast