+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 88 128 136 137 138
Results 2,741 to 2,751 of 2751
    C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Spoiler: show
    So, we're all clear that McGillis ordered Orga killed to have Mika's power for himself, right

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Xajii View Post
    So, we're all clear that McGillis ordered Orga killed to have Mika's power for himself, right
    I thought about it, but those thugs are very clearly the same ones that work for the guy Rustal was talking to

I'm actually hoping for no twist with McGillis and that he actually respects Tekkadan and went off to do his own shit while letting them run.

Season 1 ED was needed badly. Why that isn't the ED for every episode is beyond me, it seems to fit for most of them lol

Shit gets better and more depressing every week.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Aw shit Crunchyroll is really beefing up its Gundam back catalog.. 00, then Build Fighters+Try, and now Wing.

Brokage
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Man, it is getting to the point where I'm getting wary of watching the new episode every week. Not because the quality has dropped or the story is bad or anything like that. But fuck it's getting tough to stomach everything that happens each episode these last couple weeks. Today's episode was no different.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Unless Gaelio flips sides, seems McGillis' entire efforts this series ended in complete failure..

Also, convinced that everyone who is fighting is going to die, and everyone trying to escape might be a coin-flip.

This series is lining up to have the most depressing ending ever -- bad guys win, all the good guys are dead, GHorn still in power, no lasting change.

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Unless Gaelio flips sides, seems McGillis' entire efforts this series ended in complete failure..

Also, convinced that everyone who is fighting is going to die, and everyone trying to escape might be a coin-flip.

This series is lining up to have the most depressing ending ever -- bad guys win, all the good guys are dead, GHorn still in power, no lasting change.
    Kinda feels like to me as long as they live they win. The only person I have a feeling will die is Mika, dude has crazy in his eyes. Conversely, he might be the only one who lives.

Can't wait.

Brokage

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

He better go full on "red-eyed Barbatos" crazy. That shit is the best.

But yeah, totally agree that this is lining up to be one of the most depressing "all for nought" endings. I can't say all of the Gundam series, but definitely out of all the ones I've watched up to this point they've been able to invoke some sort of revolution, politically or through war or whatever. This one is shaping up to be a first of "they did a bunch of stuff, but at the end the status quo stayed the same and nothing really changed".

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Problem is what opponent does he have to go red eyes? Theres no final boss for him.

And yeah I think Gaelio is gonna do something based on his final interaction with McGillis otherwise everything about his whole arc would've been pointless.

Brokage

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

All the scrubs. Just going ham on an army of zaku's Dynasty Warriors musou style.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Kinda feels like to me as long as they live they win. The only person I have a feeling will die is Mika, dude has crazy in his eyes. Conversely, he might be the only one who lives.

Can't wait.

I think the fact that we've set up a final episode where "as long as these guys survive, they've won" is a testament to the cleverness of the story's high-level writing.

This show has gotten a lot wrong - its episode-to-episode writing is often weak, a lot of subplots completely fizzle, best mechs are underused, the general mafia-feel of the show clashes with its place in the Gundam franchise... but, I really do love the overarching narrative.

Bunch of orphan slaves more or less rise up, have no real understanding of the complex geopolitics of the world(s), end up teaming with a shady business as a means to an end.

Now note, that after S1, Tekkadan could've stopped there. But because they are young, inexperienced, powerful, and recently successful, they (and Orga in particular) became obsessed with progress. As soon as this "King of Mars" shit comes into play, you knew they were fucked. They get targeted by McGillis, the Char clone with an even sadder past - and he convinces them that their goals are one in the same. Except he's delusional, because he can't stand up to the might of Gjallarhorn, so he dies, and Tekkadan is left in their crosshairs.

So now, the objective is just to survive. I think that is really cool. It's not like other Gundam shows. And if you think about it, surviving on Earth with new identities is a way better life than Tekkadan had at the start of the show. So it's kind of their goal all along.