Spoiler: show
    That ending seemed weirdly positive..

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    That ending seemed weirdly positive..
    Yeah, but it's just a Season 1 ending, as we found out. I was surprised that Shino, Azee, and Lafter ALL lived, though. That seemed really stupid to me. Eindroid didn't kill anyone!

Otherwise, I liked a lot of things about this - Mikazuki basically had to sacrifice function of his eye and hand in order to beat Eindroid. Plus, "Shut up, I can't hear Orga" was a great line.

McGillis's plan was pretty brilliant actually, definitely excited for him to be the main baddie in S2.

Not the best "S1 ending" episode we've had but I really am so happy we're getting another season, this show deserves it

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I honestly thought there would be some kinda cliffhanger. But they basically gave us a full complete story. If there wasn't a S2 I could've lived with that even though theres some loose ends.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Alittle off-putting how upbeat that ending was considering everything that happened in the last 2 episodes. All the main crew seemed to have survived but they lost a ton earlier in the battle. They made a big deal about less people dying in space before.

Was fine with the Graze Ein vs Barbatos battle. Even if Ein's system is complete, Mika has the same number of prongs and he's been using it longer. Plus Gundam is full of BS powerups anyway.

They pretty much setup a good premise now for an actual war in the remaining arc since it seems Chocolate has some demons in him and just wants to destroy the entire status quo. Tekkadan was offered to be military advisors for Octobeard, and with the half-metal negotiations I can see him + McMurdo and Teiwaz forming 1 faction, with Gjallarhorn as another and the other blocs either falling in line with those 2 or forming their own. And they never showed Gaelio's body, wouldn't be surprised if he ended up like Ein in season 2 since Gjallarhorn might have a splinter faction for the nobles. If they can fix some of the pacing issues and writing it can wrap up to be a good series. People got pissed off with the lack of battles(several episodes are straight dialogue) and how certain arcs dragged on, and the writing felt like they were filling in the blanks as they go along with certain things like the Ahab Reactor effects on the environment.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

After how dark the last episode was, I was kind of surprised at how happy this episode ended. I did like it though, lots of things good about it. McGillis is just as cold blooded and heartless as Mika. A ridiculous final battle in the making right there!

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

The ending seems kind of deserved given how much shit Tekkadan have gone through. The only thing that kinda pissed me off was Azee and Lafter living. I didn't WANT them to die but they should've stayed dead. Mabye next season will give me tingles when antagonists die the same way 00 did with the Throne pilots/innovators. Loved watching them die

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Azee at least had a bandage on her head.. Lafter seemed to come out of all that unscathed. Guess this image wasn't far off..

I thought they showed the blood trail out of the Kimaris (although, again, after last week, who knows..). On that note, I didn't catch it the first time it showed up, but was McGillis' unit also a Gundam frame? The appearance of the waist and back seemed similar.

I imagine there's going to be a time-skip, but when it comes back, I hope the show sticks with the tone and doesn't become definitive good versus evil like 00 did in it's second season.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

yeah, I'm pretty sure Mcgillis has a gundam frame with his alter-ego person

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Getting remade into a TV series with obvious new shit

I'm good for a 2nd go around

Awwww yeah. One of my top favorite anime. I just hope Hiroyuki comes back to compose. Or shit, just use the same soundtrack.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I feel like Mika is probably "inferior" to Ein in that he doesn't get his brain fried from going full integration with the mecha.

I mean, Mika's physical situation is obviously better but he's going to get fried by using Barbatos like that eventually.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

So model kit wise, finished my 1/100 Barbatos. Filed down nubs where I could, fuck the stickers that go on the cannon though. Gonna wait on posting pics till I get some paint and/or marker to just do those parts in white. Prolly gonna wait for the 1/100 Graze Custom as my next kit depending on how it looks.

Kind of disappointed in what I'm seeing regarding the MG V2 though, it's one of my favorite MS and it seems the arms can barely hold up the gun with the grenade launcher since the joints are weak. Might stick with the Jegan as my first new MG purchase.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'm really happy there is going to be a second season. This was honestky my favorite anime of the year by far

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Has episode 3 for Thunderbolt been released yet or was it delayed? It was supposed to come out on March 18 but a Google search doesn't bring up anything.

Thunderbolt is out on Kissanime, if you don't mind stream only

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Thanks I just finished watching it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Soo, final episode of Thunderbolt is out..

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph