Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Xajii View Post
    Spoiler: show
    So, we're all clear that McGillis ordered Orga killed to have Mika's power for himself, right
    I thought about it, but those thugs are very clearly the same ones that work for the guy Rustal was talking to

I'm actually hoping for no twist with McGillis and that he actually respects Tekkadan and went off to do his own shit while letting them run.

Season 1 ED was needed badly. Why that isn't the ED for every episode is beyond me, it seems to fit for most of them lol

Shit gets better and more depressing every week.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Aw shit Crunchyroll is really beefing up its Gundam back catalog.. 00, then Build Fighters+Try, and now Wing.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Man, it is getting to the point where I'm getting wary of watching the new episode every week. Not because the quality has dropped or the story is bad or anything like that. But fuck it's getting tough to stomach everything that happens each episode these last couple weeks. Today's episode was no different.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Unless Gaelio flips sides, seems McGillis' entire efforts this series ended in complete failure..

Also, convinced that everyone who is fighting is going to die, and everyone trying to escape might be a coin-flip.

This series is lining up to have the most depressing ending ever -- bad guys win, all the good guys are dead, GHorn still in power, no lasting change.

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Unless Gaelio flips sides, seems McGillis' entire efforts this series ended in complete failure..

Also, convinced that everyone who is fighting is going to die, and everyone trying to escape might be a coin-flip.

This series is lining up to have the most depressing ending ever -- bad guys win, all the good guys are dead, GHorn still in power, no lasting change.
    Kinda feels like to me as long as they live they win. The only person I have a feeling will die is Mika, dude has crazy in his eyes. Conversely, he might be the only one who lives.

Can't wait.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

He better go full on "red-eyed Barbatos" crazy. That shit is the best.

But yeah, totally agree that this is lining up to be one of the most depressing "all for nought" endings. I can't say all of the Gundam series, but definitely out of all the ones I've watched up to this point they've been able to invoke some sort of revolution, politically or through war or whatever. This one is shaping up to be a first of "they did a bunch of stuff, but at the end the status quo stayed the same and nothing really changed".

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Problem is what opponent does he have to go red eyes? Theres no final boss for him.

And yeah I think Gaelio is gonna do something based on his final interaction with McGillis otherwise everything about his whole arc would've been pointless.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

All the scrubs. Just going ham on an army of zaku's Dynasty Warriors musou style.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Kinda feels like to me as long as they live they win. The only person I have a feeling will die is Mika, dude has crazy in his eyes. Conversely, he might be the only one who lives.

Can't wait.

I think the fact that we've set up a final episode where "as long as these guys survive, they've won" is a testament to the cleverness of the story's high-level writing.

This show has gotten a lot wrong - its episode-to-episode writing is often weak, a lot of subplots completely fizzle, best mechs are underused, the general mafia-feel of the show clashes with its place in the Gundam franchise... but, I really do love the overarching narrative.

Bunch of orphan slaves more or less rise up, have no real understanding of the complex geopolitics of the world(s), end up teaming with a shady business as a means to an end.

Now note, that after S1, Tekkadan could've stopped there. But because they are young, inexperienced, powerful, and recently successful, they (and Orga in particular) became obsessed with progress. As soon as this "King of Mars" shit comes into play, you knew they were fucked. They get targeted by McGillis, the Char clone with an even sadder past - and he convinces them that their goals are one in the same. Except he's delusional, because he can't stand up to the might of Gjallarhorn, so he dies, and Tekkadan is left in their crosshairs.

So now, the objective is just to survive. I think that is really cool. It's not like other Gundam shows. And if you think about it, surviving on Earth with new identities is a way better life than Tekkadan had at the start of the show. So it's kind of their goal all along.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Just saw this:

Now that it's over I can say this has been one of the best Gundams (and mecha shows in general) that I've seen.

Truly bittersweet.

My only regret is that Julietta did not die or lose a limb, but at least Akihiro fucked Iok so that was fine. Mika went out like a boss, and I half hoped he survived miraculously but the show is too good for that. Surprisingly realistic given the situation and leaves itself open to a sequel perfectly, though part of me kinda doesn't want that. Gundam is known for stupid shit (00 Gundam looking at you) so I'm glad they could restrain themselves to tell a good story.

At least there's the occasional Thunderbolt episode now, I fear between these two shows watching normal Gundam is gonna be hard.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

It pretty much went how I expected, save for the epilogue which, if I'm being totally honest, felt like a cop-out. Yes, GHorn lost half its families, but still, restructuring and becoming democratic seemed a bit too positive given the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    It pretty much went how I expected, save for the epilogue which, if I'm being totally honest, felt like a cop-out. Yes, GHorn lost half its families, but still, restructuring and becoming democratic seemed a bit too positive given the circumstances.
    Some episodes going into that would be nice, and it doesn't seem like everything is resolved considering all that Ride is doing. Seems like something they could go into if they do more, but considering how everything went down it was probably the only way to wash the taste of total fuckery out of our mouths in the time left.

Easily falls into top 10 anime of all time for me. Jesus, I think they did an amazing job with the story overall.

I'm glad they had the kid at the end. Kinda wish Kubelia had a kid too lol! I also wish Juliette had died. And I'm very irritated with the frequent use of the illegal weapons with 0 backlash. Still enjoyed it though.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Idiok telling a dying Akihiro his name was the best.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

There was no backlash because Elion banned the media. No one knows anything that happened during basically all of the second season. He went full Kim Jong on the press and only presented himself as a peacekeeper.

Anyway probably not going to watch Twilight Axis. Just not really a fan of UC. Or any adapted material honestly. Will wait for the next original show.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

That's part of my issue with the epilogue -- how did a guy who was manipulating the media like that become someone who supports a democratic government?

Juliette to me was the subordinate who went along with things, even though she knew it was wrong. She definitely didn't deserve the same punishment as Iok or Rustal, but she also did not have clean hands.

Also, I kinda expected there to be two kids in that final scene as well >.>;

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah, the ending left a bitter taste in my mouth purely because all the antagonists (minus Iok who finally got what he deserved) basically won.

Admittedly it's a way more realistic depiction of what would happen in the real world if you think about it. Small group trying to go up against a big global (or in this case... multi-global?) power, gets wiped out, global power controls media and manipulates what is seen and shown, come out looking the better because of it. And because of all that, I really REALLY wanted Rustal to get taken out like that fat fuck on the toilet at the end. Probably a big reason why the ending was so bitter.

My boys Mika and Akihiro went out like champs though. That was fantastic. And the anime as a whole was great.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Every single gundam user died except for Gaelio?

Or did I miss someone?