Closed Thread
Page 51 of 141 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/survey/297/?embed=1

X, niggas (well, ok, VOTOMS and Mellowink too at least..).

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Not that there's any other kind of Gundam discussions going on as of now, but perhaps dividing the model stuff into another thread would be of benefit?
    I don't think there's enough people here that build model kits to do a general model kit thread (not just Gunpla), and I don't know if there's much point to breaking it off from the Gundam General (by the time The Origin or Episode 7 hits, we'll probably be back to non-Gunpla discussion).

I guess maybe we can put it to a vote or something?

http://www.hlj.com/product/HBJ60621/Gun

New SEED entry (following on the Remaster mooks 1 and 2) in the Gundam Weapons line; Destiny 1/100 grunt conversions and MGifications to the HG 1/100 grunts, more stuff, and the Strike 2.0 - probably a definite buy/scan grab for a CE fan.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah there's not much to talk about in this thread right now other then gunpla. BTW do the PGs not use polycaps like RG?

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/survey/297/?embed=1

X, niggas (well, ok, VOTOMS and Mellowink too at least..).
    I voted for Kikaider too, that dub ending made me tear up back in the day.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Coolbeans View Post
    Yeah there's not much to talk about in this thread right now other then gunpla. BTW do the PGs not use polycaps like RG?
    Depends on how old the PG is - RX-78-2 does, for example.

More or less, the Astray and 00 Raiser kind of refined the "modern" polycapless approach they introduced with the F91. The RGs being partially assembled (sonic wielded) ABS and PP parts is sort of an evolution out of that too (I assume the PP replaces the polycap material, which is PE) - now the trend for new MG frames (like the RX-78-2 3.0) will probably be PS and PP internal frames like the RGs, but in a more intricate fashion (to enable use of lacquer, which ABS prohibited).

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    I voted for Kikaider too, that dub ending made me tear up back in the day.
    The 2000-2001 TV and OVAs? If so, Jiro's existence is suffering of the highest order. The OP theme was pure feels too..

Also, minor Gunpla update: the two MG Nemo recolor (and 0083 weapons) variants from Episode 4 are getting re-released in July - hit up TH via e-mail if you want either. They'll likely be able to secure a handful of the Launcher/Sword pack sets too, from what I was told (so e-mail if you'd like to get one for your Strike and avoid betting against time/some asshole beating you to it when they put them up on the site as they come in stock).

If Bamco is going to be at E3, they should be announcing so soon I would think, right? Keep an eye out for Gundam Breaker - that demo was fun as balls.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I'm really surprised at how quickly Tatsu got the Dom kit out to me. Ordered it Saturday morning, was waiting for me when I got home today. Was really not expecting to get it so quickly.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Their super fast had my switched order the day after I ordered it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, when it's within their control they're retard fast - and sometimes even when it isn't. lol

By the way, after rewatching this fucking episode twice, it dawned on me why the bazooka seems so familiar: it's the hyper bazooka of the Nu/Hi-Nu, albeit scaled-down. Ironically, the HGUC 1/144 Nu/Hi-Nu hyper bazooka seems like a perfect fit for the HG 1/100 Gunblaster.

/the_more_you_know.jpg

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My order is still processing since Friday. Is it because I did it through the paypal thing this time? I wasn't sure and just did it since I was leaving for work when I placed the order.

Or it could be because of the HGUC Ez-8 is also in the order.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Could be Paypal.. I don't think it's ever been fast, anywhere, the couple of times I tried using it.

Shoot them an e-mail maybe, can't hurt.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It shipped this morning now. Must have just been paypal.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

The 2000-2001 TV and OVAs? If so, Jiro's existence is suffering of the highest order. The OP theme was pure feels too..
    Yes those, more specifically the OVA since it starts out all "oh hey btw you have some brothers" and then it just somehow makes the 2001 anime ending pale in comparison in terms of suffering. If every meme were to be assigned to an anime character, Jiro would be Bad Luck Brian. Spoilers for it below if noone has seen it.

I still really like this adaption though, the story is pretty well done and it's really hard to not feel bad for these characters.

I went and got the Bluray version of CCA recently, looks wonderful. Then I remembered Quess was in it...hate Cyber Newtypes sometimes. Why can't they all be as awesome as Katejina? She takes batshit insane to the next level.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

She was always that kind of person; she just needed an opportunity to let her true self "shine" through. lol

She just wants to watch the world burn I guess - distinguishing her from those like Iron Mask and the majority of Jovians (who have actual reasons to hate Earth but go about acting in genocidal or violent ways). She's a manipulative, devious cunt for sure; she certainly seems to enjoy toying with people and gives little regard/fucks to the consequences of her insanity. She even fucking goes and pits Chronicle against Uso in some bizzare contest for her affection like the sociopath she is.

In that vein, maybe she really is just utterly despicable in a way beyond any other antagonist. Among all antagonists in the UC, she's probably as vile as Iron Mask and the overwhelming majority of Jovians in the end product of their evils, but she lacks any particular driving force outside of her insane, sociopathic shit/"fuck the world" attitude.

You know, she's actually alot like Rau in terms of what makes them do the things they do - but she as a woman seems to bring a feminine touch to her brand of world burning insanity.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

You know, she's actually alot like Rau in terms of what makes them do the things they do - but she as a woman seems to bring a feminine touch to her brand of world burning insanity.
    Looking at it this is actually pretty true, but Victory probably does a better job of proving this point better than SEED due to its writing, and by this point in the series with Katejina we've had majority of the established Victory characters die at some point and alot of the adults prove themselves to be awful people. As opposed to SEED where ZAFT has a superiority complex and the EF are just frothing-at-the-mouth racists.

And Insane that video just made me want to rewatch the last few episodes of the Asemu arc, thanks.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    Looking at it this is actually pretty true, but Victory probably does a better job of proving this point better than SEED due to its writing, and by this point in the series with Katejina we've had majority of the established Victory characters die at some point and alot of the adults prove themselves to be awful people. As opposed to SEED where ZAFT has a superiority complex and the EF are just frothing-at-the-mouth racists.

And Insane that video just made me want to rewatch the last few episodes of the Asemu arc, thanks.
    Yep, writing is a big factor here; it's pretty bad when the sociopaths are kind of the heroes.. especially since SEED was never setting out to make the Raus and Azraels of the series thus. rofl

The most dissappointing thing with this OVA is that it pretty much can't do anything besides make that final battle between the two less bad (arguably it might be worse if they shoehorn the babymaker in, hopefully she'd be limited in screentime). At least they made the right call and picked the popular section of the series - the AGE-2 is the best seller (Dark Hound -> DB -> Normal) in the AGE line. If they can drum up the AGE momentum some (especially with how poorly recieved the series' latter half was), they can probably break even on AGE or close to it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

They'll probably see this do well, then make an OVA with Flitl possibly before AGE-2 when he's still fighting. Both are pretty popular in those respective time periods. Flit doesn't fall off until 3rd gen where he just becomes Flitler(but ironically not a hated character because the 3rd gen writing was so bad) and I'm not exactly sure what the general agreement is in regards to Asemu; whether he's cooler near the end of 2nd gen as Super Pilot, or as a badass pirate in 3rd gen.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

SUPA PILOTO

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Rightstuf has copies of 00 Gundam S1 and S2 for $37 each with about 50 left for both of them. Only have 12 copies left of the BD Awakening of the Trailblazer

S1
    http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...em/93973/4/0/0

S2
    http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...em/93974/4/0/0

Movie
    http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...em/91846/4/0/0

Ordered them instantly. Fuck paying $50+ on Amazon.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

^Damn fool if you don't grab that (and don't have them) and you liked/loved 00.

There's probably a (kinda pointless unless it has different markings/you're no paint) Strike Rouge Ver. RM/2.0 in the pipeline as an exclusive; but the bigger news (if true, take this with plenty of NaCl for now) is that the Strike version of that GAT-X frame (and runners) has signs that there's considerations made for the mass-production derivatives (Strike Dagger line probably, maybe that 105 Dagger thing too).

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Alright, Ez-8, Zaku 2 F2, and GM Type C came in yesterday. Love the box art on all of them...except in the back on my head I should have gotten the Gouf Custom HG instead of the Zaku 2. I dun goufed.