Closed Thread
Page 7 of 141 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I remember reading there will be 8 episodes. Could be wrong about that. It could work in their favor of changing things around so much in regards to the Shamblo fight. And Riddhe pissed me off in this episode.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    I remember reading there will be 8 episodes. Could be wrong about that. It could work in their favor of changing things around so much in regards to the Shamblo fight. And Riddhe pissed me off in this episode.
    Spoiler: show
    Yeah, Riddhe's impulsiveness and his competition with Banagher over Mineva led to him killing Loni, after everything had essentially been resolved, and had given up. In this manner, Riddhe's the bad kind of Newtype, whereas Banagher is closer to the ideal that Cardeas spoke of in Ep. 1.

And if it is indeed now 8 episodes, they're almost assuredly going to make some major changes.. I wonder then if we'll see the General Revil (a new Dogosse Gier-class) and its task force in Episode 5; since (in the novels) FA Unicorn's moment is coming up in what is probably going to be (most) of Ep. 6 and the Revil serves as the mothership for the Jesta Team and the Unicorn.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So I downloaded the big 2.2GB file that apparently has like 6 different subtitle languages. Anyone know how to actually show said languages? >_>

Edit: Never mind, tried a different player and the options showed up.

"Jammin'!"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Hate to ask, but where's a good place to download episode 4 with an English sub? Deleted the previous episodes awhile back, and I don't recall who subbed them.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRuzhyo View Post
    Hate to ask, but where's a good place to download episode 4 with an English sub? Deleted the previous episodes awhile back, and I don't recall who subbed them.
    http://tokyotosho.info/ and episode 4 hasn't been out yet

"Jammin'!"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko View Post
    Tokyotosho.com and episode 4 hasn't been out yet
    Ah, I only assumed it was due to some of the chatter, and Wikipedia listing its release date as a November 12, 2011. Thanks nonetheless.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The opening to Gundamn AGE is amazing. Shame I can't say the same for the actual show.

Episode 4 of Gundam Unicorn is out and has been translated since; you can watch it on AniLinkz.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Episode 5 "Black Unicorn"

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Holy goddamn hell, the Byalant custom was some of the coolest shit I've seen in a mecha anime.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So, chatter regarding the Banshee's right-arm weapon was largely correct; it's a fin funnel-derived weapon hardwired to the arm mount.. the output has been raised as to be comperable to a much larger (and bulkier) beam launcher. Some suggest to think of it like the Mega Beam Rifle of the V2. It's stated output means it's probably atleast as powerful as a full power shot/single e-cap packs worth of the Unicorn's (as in Unit 01) Beam Magnum. Speculation regarding the left arm claw-shield is also apparently correct (it retains the only meaningful function of a shield in this age: the I-field of Unicorn 01); however it has an additional ability in that it can reflect/redirect beams (which Unicorn 01 cannot do with its shield).

Some 2ch rumor mill stuff suggests that the Byarlant Custom Unit 01's pilot, Robin Diez, is also probably going to be joining the Ra Cailum as well based on how prominently it was featured.. and on how relatively sparse the novel's Ra Cailum team was (Jestas and both Unicorns). Probably with Unit 02 though, unless Unit 01's repairs will occur in time.

Edit: The Rozen Zulu will be getting some more weapons (more funnels?) apparently, in addition to it's mega particle cannon forearms and two petal funnels. The Sinanju will probably begin using its Rocket Bazooka slung under the beam rifle.. or in the full bazooka form (who knows). Other than that, doesn't seem like there's much in the way of surprises, short of MS (and unseen so far in Unicorn) that any of the Zeon factions were holding back (including the Republic of Zeon, which should make its way onto the stage in Ep. 5).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So, a cool fact about Unicorn that i'd forgotten until a moment ago (while listening to OST2) is that the composer for the OVA, Sawano Hiroyuki actually had afew of these songs composed years ago and stowed them away in the event he ever got lucky enough to work on a Universal Century series.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The 1/1 RX-78-2 is back in Odaiba; this time at Diver City.

It was taken down after it sustained some damage in the March earthquake.

Edit: Turn-A also delayed into early 2012 for reals now. And there's a new Crossbone manga series starting in Gundam Ace in January, Crossbone Gundam: Ghost set in UC 153 during Victory Gundam.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Does anyone watch rrobbert184 gunpla model reviews? I watch all his videos and it makes me want to buy gunpla now.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

No, but I build them. Pretty much just MG (1/100 scale) only, but resin conversions/full kits too. The resin stuff though, is alot more work/requires more modelling skills than what injection plastic demands.

http://dalong.net/
    ^Fucking invaluable resource for anyone who has any interest in Gunpla. Full kit reviews (unpainted, just snapped.. out of box basicly) and manual scans.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    The 1/1 RX-78-2 is back in Odaiba; this time at Diver City.

It was taken down after it sustained some damage in the March earthquake.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    No, but I build them. Pretty much just MG (1/100 scale) only, but resin conversions/full kits too. The resin stuff though, is alot more work/requires more modelling skills than what injection plastic demands.

http://dalong.net/
    ^Fucking invaluable resource for anyone who has any interest in Gunpla. Full kit reviews (unpainted, just snapped.. out of box basicly) and manual scans.
    On this note do you know of any good guides for painting them? I've always put them together but I've never had the nerve to try and paint them.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Gunpla paint stuff below.

Handbrushing
    Well, handbrushing is pretty straight forward.. generally you will want to use enamels (or acrylics work too I guess; enamels won't clean up with just water and Floquil/Testors Acrylics are water-based and not toxic) and a good soft brush (multiple sizes, as painting a large surface with a small brush results in shitty paintjobs). I would also advise you to consider getting some pipettes (eye droppers) to make mixing paints or minimizing waste easier. Also, some brand-specific thinner (IE: If you choose to go with Testors/Floquil paints, use their acrylic thinner); its possible to thin water-based acryilics with water too, but i've had better results using thinner.

Eh, since I probably didn't fully answer you.. I would probably try acrylic paints (water-based). You'll want to start with a brush that roughly matches the size of the piece (can cover it with minimal attempts). Then, it's basicly a matter of using multiple coats (give them time to dry fully). Acrylics do chip easily, but hitting your kits with primer helps the paint adhere. Make absolutely sure you've either masked the clear parts (or shit you don't want coated) with masking tape (for paint) or masking fluid.. or better yet, if possible just remove the part for the time being. Generally speaking, for your average 1/144 kit one of those variety packs of Testors brushes will suffice.. or you can try higher-end brushes (essentially these are mostly all non-synthetics), though these are probably unnecessary until you're really sure you're into this. And one last point here, since you probably don't want the "toy" look, I would suggest flat/semi-gloss paints only.. very few MS in Gundam are ever "glossy" (and those that do, are as a result of anti-beam coating, ala the Hyaku-Shiki). Glosses are great for doing washes and applying decals before applying a top-coat of flat/semi-gloss clear.

Airbrushing
    Probably alittle ahead of where (presumably) you are in terms of a budget to get a good brush and compressor, etc. Also not necessarily practical depending on your living situation. Lacquer is fucking dangerous to breathe, so you'd need a mask.. yeah. It's probably the best option though given that it's generally less labor-intensive as compared to handbrushing; but this comes with all the tools and equipment needed, needing a spray booth if indoors, and so on.

Spray cans of enamel/lacquer paint (-not- necessarily formulated for models, though I would be cautious with not-acrylics on ABS plastic (primarily the inner frames of post-2005 MGs)) work well, like Krylon and shit. Just be sure to sand/use primer. Some people use automotive primer, -it may- be coarser than model formulated stuff (Tamiya, G.S. Mr. Surfacer. etc.) but whatever, no big deal.

Anyway, this is pretty comprihensive for general assembly techniques and such: http://gamerabaenre.com/?page_id=1202. This is rather good at explaining handbrushing: http://otakurevolution.com/content/l...-hand-painting. One point i'd like to add here though, is that stiff brushes in general for me have only one use: weathering (which is probably not in your realm of concern right now). I'd strongly recommend "soft" brushes.. a decent variety of width/tip types (round, flat, etc.). And you'll likely want a very narrow, small tipped brush for detail work.

Depending how serious you want to get, this can become rather expensive.. though to keep costs down, I generally go through one of the domestic Gunpla retailers and buy putty/scratchbuild materials/paint/etc. from a variety of places in Japan and domesticly in the US (no one ever has -every- thing I need). For being.. new I guess, i'd probably stick to the 1/144 scale kits until you feel confident in your skills; plus they're generally cheap (not the RG 1/144s though) which minimizes the real loss of using afew to try out painting and stuff. They're also not too detail intensive, so it's less difficult to reach an appealing finish.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So, the upcoming Unicorn PS3 game will feature the Sinanju theft scenario that was mentioned in Ep. 2. It takes place in UC 0094, and will also feature Full Frontal's Geara Doga in the segments prior to the theft; you subsequently will get to play as Full Frontal through the end of the scenario (the Von Braun defense forces and pursuit fleet are both wiped out, mainly by FF). The author of the novels is consulting on that portion of Full Frontal's chapters, specificly.

As you can see in the lower half, that's the original form of the Sinanju (Unicorn testbed); the name given to it is Sinanju Stein (or if you take the meaning of the latter as it was intended by Katoki.. its the "foundation stone" form.) The major differences between it and the Sleeves-revised Sinanju are found in the backpack, shield, forearms (and beam rifle), lack of Zeon-styled power cables, and the Zeon commander's antenna (along with the obvious decorative flourish). The psychoframe is part of the original design (around the cockpit, the blue glow is visible in Ep. 2 as is the purple glow of the Kshatryia), so this hasn't changed. A fun point here, is that how much it resembles both the Unicorn, but also the Unicorn-ized Sinanju fanart from the past few years.

Also, there's a Delta Gundam Kai in the game for some reason (cannonicity is rather dubious here, just more silly game variation shit); but it's equipped with fin funnels and some other Newtype-related equipment. But again, the real news/development here is the Sinanju theft scenario.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/1...gundam-uc.html

Bandai Namco Live TV - Sunrise (Gundam UC) Interview on 12/2
    Bandai Namco Live TV will be broadcasting on their website an interview with Sunrise on December 2nd 2011 @ 9:00pm, Japan local time (Rebroadcast - 11:00pm). This special video feature discussion about the upcoming 5th episode of Gundam UC.
    Gundam UC Episode 5 'Black Unicorn' is slated for release on May 2012.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Not much new on the non-AGE/SEED HD remaster airings front.

But as for Unicorn; the Banshee will have those wailing sound effects (as heard in the final seconds of Ep.4) when NT-D is active. It's also been reasoned out that the mystery MS that will appear in Ep. 5 is either the Geara Doga Kai, Zeta Plus (probably the C-type), or (long shot, as its Sentinel..) the Xeku Zwei. The hint was that the MS has a six-letter name in Japanese so those are the best candidates. If there's seriously one, let alone two Sentinel MS in contention here, it could mean that the issues regarding rights over Sentinel might have been resolved.. so good news there perhaps.

Moving on, Master Grade FA Unicorn (Unit 1) hits the streets December 24th. Gundam UC Ace 3 (a Unicorn-specific offshoot of Gundam Ace, a monthly manga magazine) has been out for awhile now; some pretty great backstory to several characters/events of Ep. 4 in there (and as usual, the titular characters of these are the pilots who almost always have died in the associated episode).

MG FA Unicorn images (kind of large):

Still nothing on MSG: The Origin (manga-adaption of the original, now an animated adaption of the manga); it was probably thrown out so early due to how much dislike there was (and to an extent, has been) of AGE. Turn-A-Gundam is now supposedly slated for an early March 2012 release; Gundam ZZ will probably be announced for an English release (not necessarily a dub) this year in light of how critical it is to Unicorn and has been wanting of an official release for some time now.

Edit: There's a poll here by the UC OVA staff regarding a fan-interest in what MS or MA we'd like to see in the future episodes (and merchandise). The MS/MA, are in order (top to bottom):

Zakrello, Big-Zam, Agg, Kampfer, GM Sniper II, Gabthley, Barzam, Bawoo, Doven-Wolf and Zeta Plus.

Poll now closed; Barzam apparently won with nearly 4,900 votes, Zeta Plus came in second with votes in the mid-4,000s. Doven-Wolf and Gabthley followed up in that order.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 141 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast