Closed Thread
Page 140 of 141 FirstFirst ... 90 130 138 139 140 141 LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

I'll take another build fighters series, those are all fun.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Finally getting to watch Gundam SEED and it's way better than I expected. About 2/3 through Destiny and I've enjoyed most of it so far, but dear god, Shinn is an annoying little shit.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think the general consensus is that SEED was pretty good but Destiny was more or less a big rehash waste of time. I mean, I personally really like how OP Strike Freedom is (especially in Gundam Musou games >_>), but yeah the story for Destiny is so~so

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Destiny has a shit tier MC. Needed much more of lord and savior Kira in it.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I did fine w/ shinn until kira showed up again around episode 13(?) after that it went all downhill. Even during the final battle shinn was FUCKING WORTHLESS and got DESTROYED like all that skill he had meant jack fucking shit.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    I did fine w/ shinn until kira showed up again around episode 13(?) after that it went all downhill. Even during the final battle shinn was FUCKING WORTHLESS and got DESTROYED like all that skill he had meant jack fucking shit.
    My biggest gripe with him was that his logic when arguing about Orb or pretty much anything was so full of holes that anyone should have been able to get him to shut up for once, but no one actually managed to do it; Cagalli let me down so many times in the second series.

Anyway, done now and I agree, the story could have been better and a lot of parts felt like repeating the first series, but overall, I still found it to be quite enjoyable.

Spoiler: show
    Though, to be honest, I would have forced myself through 50 episodes of complete and utter trash just to see Kira and Athrun go to town on pretty much everyone with double Meteors again.

And at last they explained why they introduced three new pilots in the last third of the first series who had no personality besides liking books/music/video games; that really was all there was to them.

Regarding Kira, I don't really like OP characters and always wondered why people were referring to him as lord and savior so often. I was actually worried he'd be OP, but in Kira's case, I actually don't mind for once and agree, he's our lord and savior.

What should I watch next? Is 00 good?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    It's because he plays second fiddle to our lord and savior Kira. And technically was a bad guy by the end lol

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lepetit89 View Post
    What should I watch next? Is 00 good?
    I like 00 better than SEED. Also watch Iron Blooded Orphans if you haven't.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Season one of 00 is fantastic while S2 and the movie are kinda eh but worth watching to complete it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

That movie.. so bad

The first season of 00 was great because it had a lot of grey area, but the second season disappointed because it became an over-simplified good versus evil conflict.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What movie? There's no 00 movie. Shut up.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

JUPITER

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I like 00 better than SEED. Also watch Iron Blooded Orphans if you haven't.
    IBO is why I'm catching up on Gundam in the first place; shed a lot of tears while watching it, great series.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Any more UC in the pipeline after Thunderbolt? I seldom care about non-UC.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

If I'm not mistaken, Twilight Axis is UC -- it's supposedly coming out sometime this month, so maybe get hyped?

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I really loved IBO. What are some other good series in the franchise? The only others I've watched were 08th MS Team, Gundam Wing, and G Gundam.

Like others said, 00 Gundam first season is great, the rest you watch at your own discretion. Turn-A Gundam is really good and very unlike most other Gundams, Origins and the original series until ZZ? Build Fighters for random fanservice/good battles and Thunderbolt for something less dated.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

0080, 0083 and, zeta gundam. The zeta gundam movie compilation is up to you if you want to watch them after. They do add new scenes, which look really weird when compared to the original stuff, and tomino changed up the ending scene retconning ZZ and beyond.

I recommend Unicorn. One of my top favorites (the music is amazing), but you've only seen 08th MS Team when it comes to UC so you might not enjoy it as much.

Totally forgot about Unicorn (never forget the ending of the first OVA) but I would probably watch the original series until ZZ first since it happens...after all that? I forget.