Thread: Hammerknell     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Teryn View Post
    Well we kinda got to kill him twice,.. 1st time was no bugging all mechanics in play etc,,,... as he died it glitched and he respawned. Then he had all mechanics except for strength of soul stacks. Was rather odd but whatever I'll take it for what it is
    I'm pretty sure it's your guild that I heard about, then. That's exactly what I heard last night. XD

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Question about Matron:

Something seems to be one shotting our melee occasionally, I don't think its due to her stacks as we have figured out the trick to that, but I suppose it could be. They say its some aoe that they can't avoid but as a healer I am only seeing the purple circle aoe that is very easy to run out of and AFAIK isn't one shotting anyone. Does she have some cleave she gets at some point I'm missing?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

So we had our first real attempt at Murdantix tonight since we had lots on vacation last week. I hear he was a cakewalk before the hotfix but now he goes insane. He started spawning 3 tars at a time every 4-5 seconds once he reached 25%. The entire room was covered in them before the first ones started despawning. There's was literally nowhere to move. Dev post states that this is intended but i can't see that being so with the rate at which they spawn.

Pisses me off because most if not all the kills on my server either had no tars spawn or 1 at a time. Way to go test guilds?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    So we had our first real attempt at Murdantix tonight since we had lots on vacation last week. I hear he was a cakewalk before the hotfix but now he goes insane. He started spawning 3 tars at a time every 4-5 seconds once he reached 25%. The entire room was covered in them before the first ones started despawning. There's was literally nowhere to move. Dev post states that this is intended but i can't see that being so with the rate at which they spawn.

Pisses me off because most if not all the kills on my server either had no tars spawn or 1 at a time. Way to go test guilds?
    Yeah my guild was in for one hell of a shock when we went in for the first time on Sunday. Read about how piss easy he was and that it was just a DPS check... then bam 25% hits and you have tars still up from the previous phases along with 3 more tars every 5 seconds. Lowest we got him on Sunday was 13% I think but had to give up.

I definitely agree that the despawn timer needs to be adjusted. I'm perfectly fine with 3 tars spawning after 25% but the tars from the beginning of the 50% phase shouldn't be up when we get to 25%. Only way I see to consistently beat this guy is to just kill him before he has time to fill the room up. Seems like Johlen v.2

Bringer of Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

We had a number of glitches for us on Saturday.

First kind of glitch was no tars until 25%, at 25% he would spawn ALL of the tars that would normally be up from the last phase and start spawning his normal 25% phase ones. This put tons of stacked up tar on our ranged and would usually kill them instantly, as they hadn't been moving to avoid tars throughout the bugged phase.

Other glitch was just no tars at all the entire fight. This obviously made it easier, however, it only happened once near the beginning of our pulls for the night and we ended up killing him on a normal, non glitched attempt later.

Was a fairly easy kill with only 17k raid DPS and having a few extra healers for a safety net.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Been hearing a lot about the Murdantix bug, hopefully that is fixed in the update tomorrow. Imo, it's kinda shitty of Trion to be changing so many mechanics on us in the middle of the week like they did. Murdantix, Matron, and Sicaron all were changed over the last week.

Anyway, this should be relevant, updates announced for 1.4 that should be coming tomorrow:

General
    - Added Soul Beacon to Quarry
    - Removed Runeguard rep from Zamira Minions
    - Population before Murdantix no longer drop loot.
    Murdantix
    - Demonic Tar will be less likely to "double hit" players within melee range
    - Demonic Tar now triple casts at a lower health percentage
    - Slightly reduced frequency of Demonic Tar
    - Fixed Murdantix from potientially respawning after being killed
    Matron Zamira
    - Plenty of Tome achievement should now be properly rewarded.
    - Nightmare Spirits have reduced health.
    - Nightmare Spirits will wait longer before beginning to cast Arc of Night.
    - Matron Zamira will cast Shadow Strike less frequently.
    - Matron Zamira will begin casting Hideous Blast earlier in the fight.
    Sicaron
    - Fixed a bug that caused Sicaron to apply Eye of the Void at a lower health value than intended.
    - Moldering Decay is no longer able to hit pets.
    - Sicaron will cast Moldering Decay slightly less frequently. Moldering Decay will also reach a much further distance.
    Rune King Molinar
    - Both Rune King Molinar and Prince Dollin have reduced health.
    - Prince Dollin’s Rend Life is no longer able to be resisted.
    - Prince Dollin will begin to cast Terminate Life earlier in the encounter.
    - Incorporeal Revenants will deal less damage than they currently do after they become Corporeal.
    - The projectile portion of Cursed Blows will now deal Death damage instead of Physical.
    Vladmal Prime
    - Will no longer cast Asphyxiating Smoke at his primary target.
    - Boundless Tunnelers will spawn faster throughout the encounter, and no longer have decreased movement speed.
    - Boundless Delvers will spawn slightly slower throughout the encounter.
    Grugonim
    - Parasite Swarm ticks faster.
    - Nerve Damaging Poison outgoing damage buff increased
    - Fixed body location placement for players falling into chasm near Grugonim
    - Rampant Decay and Corrosive Bile are no longer interruptible.
    - Will no longer use Tail Lash immediately after casting Rampant Decay or Corrosive Bile.
    - Corrosive Ooze and Seismic Disruption will no longer damage pets.
    - Movement speed increased.

Thank god for those updates....

Tried Matron last night - that fight is completely beyond fucking beatable at the moment.

Vlad fight needs more squirrels, do approve.