FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

"Itunes has stopped working."

Okay it's troubleshooting time!

I just purchased an Itouch 32gb 4th gen the other day. Honestly I can't stand any of the Evo apps or anything for music. Nor the battery dying every 4 hours or whatever. so I decided to go with my old favorite.

Anyway, I installed itunes and all that crap. Music seems to be added just fine, but whenever I want to add a compatible video, it stops immediately and says Itunes has stopped working. Every time. I can't for the life of me figure out why.

I've tried compatibility modes, I've tried going to Windows 7 basic (color schemes can apparently fuck it up) and nothing works. So I come to you guys to help me out! Wat do?

Edit: Running on Win 7 64 in case anyone asks.

Odd, video itself plays fine in iTunes? File could be corrupt, or iTunes could be fucked. Quick way to check if it's itunes is to follow this http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1925 to uninstall/reinstall iTunes completely. if it still doesn't work after that it could be the file, or the software on the ipod. Way to test the ipod would be to DFU restore it and start as new then just resync everything. Then you would know it's not the software on the ipod (which would be odd, since you just got it, but you never know). If you don't know how to DFU and get to the point where you wanna try it this details it (http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to...ouch-recovery/).

ALSO, you could try making a new user on your computer to see if you can isolate the problem to something with windows. If it works on the new user then you might be more fucked than you thought (something in windows file system messed).

Anyways, just kind of a troubleshooting thing, gotta try stuff till it works.

Also: Turn norton or any virus protection off during syncs, that shit can fuck with it too.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Will check out all of this after I eat dinner and report back. Thanks for the advice. Anyone else, feel free to chime in!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well, none of that seemed to work. I'm long overdue for a format, so I'm just gonna do that this weekend. I doubt that's a proper fix, but since I need to do it anyway, I'll see what a fresh install does.

That's pretty much everything I know hope the reformat works.

DAKPluto

Make sure you are using 10.3.1 They quietly pushed out 10.3.1 over 10.3 in less than a day because of syncing issues with 10.3. Unless they finally changed it, it's not available through the Apple Software updater yet, but you can download it from Apple's normal iTunes 64bit download.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Okay so after a format and fresh install, it's still not working. So it's either a compatibility issue or a program issue. I can't launch vids through itunes. Someone was saying to use just 10.1 which is older. I did a search on Google, but unless I was blind (or just very tired) I didn't see where I could download previous versions of the software. None of you guys are having problems launching video through itunes?