1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 0 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 9 hours, 42 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Patch 1.17c Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Patch 1.17c Notes

Source

Fixed Bugs

• Measures have been implemented to address the recurring server failure issue occurring in market areas.
    • Measures have been implemented to address the issue wherein viewing the linkshell member list may cause the client to crash.
    • The following bugs have been addressed:
      • A bug wherein the enemies "Prince of Pestilence" and "Unknown Soldier" may neither be seen nor targeted despite appearing on the minimap.
      • A bug wherein the location of one's retainer may change following server failure.
      • A bug wherein the journal entry may not be updated for the quest "A Piece of History."

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Anyone have an upload of the patch yet?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Spirestone

I know there was a post on how to open ports or some sort of shenanigans that allow you to actually use the XIV updater, but I can't find it. Can anyone either repost or link me it?

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

328MB download for 92KB worth of changes. They seriously need to do something about that. I can only imagine what it's going to be like after 1.18 and theres like 1GB download then having to download that again +2MBs for some AA fix.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    328MB download for 92KB worth of changes. They seriously need to do something about that. I can only imagine what it's going to be like after 1.18 and theres like 1GB download then having to download that again +2MBs for some AA fix.
    Did you pull these numbers out of your ass, or did you actually xdelta your game directory before/after the patch?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by fussel View Post
    Did you pull these numbers out of your ass, or did you actually xdelta your game directory before/after the patch?
    Click on the torrent, look at the size of the files that you're downloading...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Click on the torrent, look at the size of the files that you're downloading...
    I don't doubt the 300+MB patch part, I doubt the "92kb worth of changes" part. i.e.: there's probably a lot of data that will be used for future content that doesn't have any effect now but probably later.

I doubt that they'll distribute a 300+MB patch for a few minor bugfixes, but I suppose that they piggybacked data for the 1.18 patch already.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Considering how poorly optimized this game is. I'm pretty sure you're DLing the same stuff.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by fussel View Post
    I don't doubt the 300+MB patch part, I doubt the "92kb worth of changes" part. i.e.: there's probably a lot of data that will be used for future content that doesn't have any effect now but probably later.

I doubt that they'll distribute a 300+MB patch for a few minor bugfixes, but I suppose that they piggybacked data for the 1.18 patch already.
    Yes they did, Gulkeeva posted about that a few weeks ago after looking in the dat files for new stuff.

He probably pulled the 92kbs out of his ass, but in the last update, it wasn't far from that, and it's safe to assume this one doesnt have much more contents considering the length of the patch note.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Did not pull it out of my ass lol. That was the difference in size for FFXIV installation before and after the update.

They've been keeping track of it on the forums. Every time a new patch comes out the new one is only a few mb/kb bigger than the last. Some things are changed but you're forced to download the whole thing.