+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The Worst of BG     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Out of curiousity, did anyone end up killing AV with the new level cap. I haven't played in 4-5 years, but I'm assuming none of you probably have either :/
    Yea, quite a few people have beaten it. Think Volume did it first after the first level cap increase, or at least first to post?

I might be dumb enough to delete my email accounts
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Out of curiousity, did anyone end up killing AV with the new level cap. I haven't played in 4-5 years, but I'm assuming none of you probably have either :/
    Random as fuck but yes.

Quote Originally Posted by AnsemGaga View Post
    Not really and GaGa song but ok

Random as fuck but yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkslitter View Post
    =x

BG Level

fuck this I'm going to play XIII til its time to go out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaea View Post
    EDIT: I forgot to mention it's for Nyzul Isle Assault in the title! OOPS!

Haha, try not to laugh. But seriously, it really doesn't apply to most of you because most of you have done enough Nyzul Isle that you could do it on your sleep. However, I thought I'd mention it here, because if you are like me, you might get A LOT of questions for advice and help from friends of yours who are all of a sudden interested in it because of the new weaponskills.

So, if you want to get them off of your back, and you think my guide is a good resource to help them out, feel free to tell them to search for it. In the game, where you cant hyperlink them just tell them to search the wiki for "NII Guide by Gaea". You can do the same, as I don't feel the need to shamelessly promote with a direct hyperlink. Besides, I need to work on the formatting, add some pictures, and add some other misc. information to it before it's done.

I will point out that there's a link to it in my blog along which explains why I wrote the damn thing in the first place. A direct link to that entry can be found here:
    http://ami.calcobrena.com/2008/09/gu...l-isle_21.html

The guide itself outlines party formation, appropriate medicines & food, dealing with tougher enemies, effective communication, efficiently dealing with lamps, and even how people use Windower's "fillmode" to cheat! That doesn't mean I suggest cheating, I just thought I'd cover it so people don't ask stupid questions that can incriminate a party member.

Of course, I'll admit I've used windower's fillmode myself for all kinds of things including Nyzul Isle, so I really don't care if anyone else uses it or not.

I updated it to outline reasons why I don't suggest a bard for starter parties. If your bard doesn't fit in this category and your group does fine, that's great. These are just experiences that I've had and people I know have had and they are relatively common.

------------------------
    *Because of all the constant moving around they are rendered virtually useless on many floors. Sometimes the floors they can function as pullers are few and far between.
    *They can be pretty useful on mega-boss runs because there's at least one guaranteed, preconstructed battle. Unfortunately, this occurs only once every twenty floors.
    *Many of them are idiots that try to do really stupid things like use [[Minstrel's Ring]]. (Trust me this happens more often than you might think!) Hey stupid, many of these floors are teeming with undead.
    *They also tend to do stupid things like spam songs in the lobby and prevent a Runic Disc holder from accessing the lamp.
    *An extra damage dealer can be useful on any floor that has SOMETHING to kill. A bard, however, will encounter many floors where they are better off just sitting at the Rune of Transfer and waiting for the real jobs to get things done.
    *Because of all the running around, bards seem to be the most confused about their role and this confusion can be contagious.
    *Finally, whenever you come across a floor where songs are restricted, (which seems to the most common restriction I've come across), the worthlessness of your Bard is just further emphasized.

-----------------------

I do plan to add serious examples of how a veteran bard can be applied to Nyzul Isle, but right now I'm trying to help starter groups create a more foolproof party and succeed in Nyzul Isle.

As I stated in my original post, most of you will get little to nothing out of this guide. If you are a competent, veteran bard with a lot of Nyzul Isle experience, this surely doesn't apply to you.

The most floors I've completed with a bard in a single tag is 6. The most I've completed without a bard is 9. The AVERAGE that I complete without a bard is probably a fraction between 6 and 7.
    I didn't ignore what you said. What you said is assuming I wrote a "blanket guide for anyone and everyone" which I didn't. So everything you are using to support this statement, is irrelevant.

If it has flaws, point them out to your friends. Or write your own guide for them. I don't know how things work on your server, but my Nyzul Assault is pretty well known and pretty popular on mine. Mostly because its core team consists of people two leading endgame shells on our server, and we've had people from just about all of them. People from BBQ, LimitBreak, TK, Resurrection (lol I know but still Echox's Ridill WAR is awesome), Mooglelounge, and that one EU LS that I can't really spell. I've even had a couple people, like Nanaha, from popular JP endgame shells come along.

These are also people I have frequently done Salvage with and if I didn't take a break from Salvage for Nyzul Isle I'd probably have more than 13/15 Usukane. I'll see about getting my 25 legs off of LBC next week if I have time.

I usually have 5-8 people bug me for Nyzul Isle on the day of a run, and I take the people with the most tags and the most experience. Whenever, just 5 people are available (usually on weekdays or because HNMs got pushed in to late afternoon), is when we tend to wind up getting someone from a random LS like ML, or LB. I usually just snatch them off my /flist if they are around Whitegate or do a quick shout and get the person I know myself or someone in my group can strongly vouch for.

If you or group have a bad reputation on your server and writing a guide wouldn't be in your best interest, then I don't see how that's my problem.

The reason I wrote this guide is because my group's popularity either gets me flooded with requests to join, or advice from people starting their own. This has helped me a lot, and I was offering to share it with people who might have a similar problem. If you don't agree with it, then simply don't share it

damn I shoulda thought of the ff14 section

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Darkslitter View Post
    damn I shoulda thought of the ff14 section
    Slippin dawg

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Slippin dawg
    more like slitterin' am i rite

Also, wtg Derock

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post

I chuckled

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There is a certain poster I would like to place at #1 but I would have to say his name and thats a nono. Not gonna give any reason for them to post here.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

The new game oven sig is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    There is a certain poster I would like to place at #1 but I would have to say his name and thats a nono. Not gonna give any reason for them to post here.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by QuePsiXI View Post

Worse Video Ever!

worse than what?

BG Level

I like that she changed it up but that video is boring as fuck.

Banned.

BG Level

I like that she changed it up but that video is boring as fuck.
    http://www.johnwilliams713.com/abd/abd-16.gif

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag