+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73
Results 1441 to 1459 of 1459

Thread: The Worst of BG     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1441
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    37,735
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    First off, Churchill wasnt voted out because he was unpopular or a "right bastard." He was a war time leader, and they were voting for peace time. It was an election of Conservatives against Labor and not a singular issue of Winston Churchill. Although to the Conservatives platform was pretty much Churchill, it was not so for Labor.
    Labor having been in charge of organizing the Homefront well and getting lots of credit for that. Conservatives did not believe the polling and the social programs labor offered which Churchill criticized in his classic idiocy as socialism that would see Labor bring the Gestapo to Britain. So, Churchill got the credit and reverence for being a national symbol and war hero, but only the conservatives or your retelling thought he was all the election was about.

    Otherwise, I'm still not interested in going down this road on "dictators" because I know that it be a fools errand steeped in Cold War propaganda. Which, before someone jumps to it is not me functioning as an apologist for Stalin. However, it absolutely is appropriate to measure someone for their time and circumstances. That line from you stating otherwise certainly drew my attention.

    So no, I don't just think Churchill is "a bad guy". I think he was, in my opinion, a worse individual than Stalin. I know we are institutionally driven to measure Stalin as an equal figure of evil to Hitler, and that causes these exaggerated reactions, but I disagree with that too.



    I "triple down" in this instance because I believe in the statement. It's not something said out of ignorance, but of a viewpoint.

  2. #1442
    preachy and pretentious
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,358
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    in my opinion, a worse individual than Stalin.
    Your opinion is absolute dogshit.

  3. #1443
    Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

    The Immortal Bill Duke

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,990
    BG Level
    9

    i just wish he would do as his title says

  4. #1444
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,551
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Day getting unbanned from poopdeck via the unbanning allowing Mild to come back is a textbook example of we won, but at what cost?

  5. #1445
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    36,335
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    He was never banned from YCS though, was he?

  6. #1446
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,025
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

    Day was banned from YCS only, Spicy's was global. Then Ragns globally unbanned all people which included section bans.

  7. #1447
    i should really shut up
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,101
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    Your opinion is absolute dogshit.
    Yeah, but so far I haven't seen anything to take to heart as to why that might be the case. Only Zealot has actually put any effort into addressing it.

  8. #1448
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    52,158
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit


  9. #1449
    Pied Piper of the Homos
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,860
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    I think I was arguing with Spicy on Facebook. This man got upset because Hitler and Jeffrey Dahmer were called pure evil.








  10. #1450
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,132
    BG Level
    8

    i think it is well within my spirit to commit genocide with 0 remorse and i'm a pretty alright fella

  11. #1451
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,025
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

    Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    i think it is well within my spirit to commit genocide with 0 remorse and i'm a pretty alright fella

  12. #1452
    preachy and pretentious
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,358
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Yeah, but so far I haven't seen anything to take to heart as to why that might be the case. Only Zealot has actually put any effort into addressing it.
    Good for Zealot. Me personally, I'm not going to put effort into debating comments this fucking stupid.

  13. #1453
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    26,738
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    imagine tripling down on your stupid in the thread that was created to point out stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    Good for Zealot. Me personally, I'm not going to put effort into debating comments this fucking stupid.
    When is everyone gonna learnnnn

    You guys are arguing with the greasiest hair on the hemisphere, but I guess y'all were just bored

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

  14. #1454
    preachy and pretentious
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,358
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    When is everyone gonna learnnnn

    You guys are arguing with the greasiest hair on the hemisphere, but I guess y'all were just bored

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Bro, saying "you're an idiot" is not arguing with.

  15. #1455
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    26,738
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    Bro, saying "you're an idiot" is not arguing with.
    Not "you" you, royal you

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

  16. #1456
    i should really shut up
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,101
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Milkster View Post
    I think I was arguing with Spicy on Facebook. This man got upset because Hitler and Jeffrey Dahmer were called pure evil.







    Not going to really pretend I follow the context of this stupid ass argument you posted. However, you get way too emotionally invested in your arguments. Only comment I would have for that spiel is that it is easy to recognize there is a prominent element of dehumanization that occurs in sequence with extraordinary atrocity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    Bro, saying "you're an idiot" is not arguing with.
    To be fair, I just refuse to seriously defend the point, and think the general kneejerking comes from individuals not even remotely versed in the subject besides a learned rejection of the mere subject. Equating it—somehow—to me saying they never did anything wrong.
    I don't need to defend this one besides saying that it is my opinion and showing I cared enough to look at the subject enough to form it. That is enough for me, and I believe that was done. Otherwise, the validation of it isn't necessary to me, and I don't seek to win everyone's opinion over on something rather trivial.

  17. #1457
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    36,335
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    What do you mean "you"? As in you people?

  18. #1458
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    26,738
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    What do you mean "you"? As in you people?
    What do you mean "you people"?

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

  19. #1459
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    26,142
    BG Level
    10

    whaddaya mean the banks out of money??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. The worst episode of Family Guy is on right now
    By Ted Danson in forum Ragnell Middle Finger Memorial Forum
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 2015-03-18, 12:31
  2. The Best of BG: 40oz of Science for Woozie
    By #686578 in forum Ragnell Middle Finger Memorial Forum
    Replies: 1802
    Last Post: 2014-01-27, 17:10
  3. I NEED THE OPINIONS OF BG'S VIDYA MUSIC FAGS
    By Charismatic in forum Ragnell Middle Finger Memorial Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2013-07-22, 10:48