HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I think the most fun of last summer's celebration with the Hawks was that it was so spontaneous as to where it might show up, and people following the Where's the Cup Twitter account for first hand reports. It just keep popping up in random bars or if you were standing on a street corner and Adam Burish and Brian Campbell drove up and yelled out to you because you had on Hawk gear. I dunno if the Bruins will be as random with it, or keep more to an organized schedule of appearances but it will be fun to keep dibs on it's location.

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Selamis View Post
    I think the most fun of last summer's celebration with the Hawks was that it was so spontaneous as to where it might show up, and people following the Where's the Cup Twitter account for first hand reports. It just keep popping up in random bars or if you were standing on a street corner and Adam Burish and Brian Campbell drove up and yelled out to you because you had on Hawk gear. I dunno if the Bruins will be as random with it, or keep more to an organized schedule of appearances but it will be fun to keep dibs on it's location.
    Does that twitter account still exist? I'd follow it even if it is abunch of dirty Boston players with it.

Also full list of the Canucks injuries. bieksa bruised MCL, Kesler hip, Edler broken fingers, Hamhuis abdominal tear, Higgins foot injury, Ehrhoff shoulder, Henrik back. Curious to see if the Boston team were playing through many injuries.

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yea it's still active, though not so much yet as it was last year. Read that Horton was playing with a separated shoulder before his concussion, haven't read anything else yet about injured Bruins playing.

Also read that NHL Network will be carrying the Bruins rally at 10 am tomorrow, for those that are interested.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    First

shit

Apparently a lot of the people causing the most mayhem were not from Vancouver itself, which is not surprising.

Rags not being able to buy out Drury is funny, but kind of sad. Would have been a win/win for him to get to play somewhere else I think. It also hurts the Rags a lot since they already have Redden fucking their cap in the butt.
    It never is the citizens of the towns, its always outsiders who do not live in the city.... they come into town, and think laws don't apply to them after large events like this.

Prime example would be the st.patricks day parade here in boston..... I honestly can't remember the last time i've seen someone from boston actually arrested at these events. Mostly just punk college kids from east bumfuck side of the state

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Milan Lucic had a severe toe injury and David Krejci played through a right-shoulder injury, which he suffered in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals on a hit by Lightning defenseman Marc-Andre Bergeron.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    FFFFFFFFF the cup was a few blocks away from me today. I coulda bounced out of work and took a look.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...id=DL|NHL|home
    I liked this one...

Spoiler: show
    A construction contractor got the opportunity of a lifetime last night when he slipped into a South End eatery and ended up drinking champagne out of the Stanley Cup with the Bruins [team stats].

John Sacco got a tip from a friend that the players and the cup were at a private party in the back room at Stella’s.

“He said, ‘Listen, you got to get down here,’ ” he said.

Sacco high-tailed it over to the restaurant and managed to talk the owner into taking a photo of the cup with his phone.

“I said he’d given me something priceless,” the 40-year-old Southie native said. “He said, ‘Come on. Follow me. I’ve got something better for you.’ From that moment on, it was like everything went in slow motion.”

Sacco followed the owner into the back room, where he stole a kiss from the cup and then backed into a corner, doing his best to blend in with the Bruins.

“The next thing, they started to line up to drink from the cup,” he said. “I said to myself, ‘I’ll never get this chance again.’ ”

Sacco fell into line behind Milan Lucic and, moments later, found himself eye-to-eye with Shawn Thornton.

“I just shrugged like, “What should I do?’ ” he said. “He said, ‘Come on. Come get it.’ ”

With that, Sacco went down on one knee and took the best drink of his life, just as Bruins legend Bobby Orr had done 39 years before.

“I can’t even function today,” he told the Herald today. “I’ve been a fan since I was in diapers. It just doesn’t get any better than this.”

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fuck yeah new thread!

Sucks about Drury, was kind of hoping the Caps would take a shot at signing him for 3rd line center/PK guy.

Also, good to see the VPD has this guy on the case:

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    I just remember last year at game 4 there was like, 2+ buses full of Canuck fans and a large portion of them was going on about how Vancouver was so much better because Canada had just won a gold medal and just be like "im pretty sure that has nothing to do with this series" Just funny because then they would go on about how LA sucks and all their players suck and was like "You do realize Doughty was on that Canada team and was a large part of it right?"
    LA fans can easily fly to Vancouver. Goes both ways, but don't see that happening very often. Kesler is an American, if he wasn't playing for the Canucks i'm willing to best most would hate him. Lol.

BG Level

Oh, I didn't have a problem with them being here. I give Vancouver fans that, they travel A LOT to see their team. I know they will plan a trip to pretty much hit up LA, Anaheim, Phoenix and San Jose when they make that trip.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Same with Habs fans...as much as were used to it, it is cold in the winter, and a lot of habs fans will actually book vacation time during the southern swing and catch games. I doubt I'm wrong, but similar tickets in florida/tampa would cost maybe 1/4th of what they cost in montreal.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Same with Habs fans...as much as were used to it, it is cold in the winter, and a lot of habs fans will actually book vacation time during the southern swing and catch games. I doubt I'm wrong, but similar tickets in florida/tampa would cost maybe 1/4th of what they cost in montreal.
    Boston, Chicago, Montreal, Edmonton, Calgary, Detroit are all fans that I seem to see @ Canuck games. For any sport fan, to travel into enemy territory is an amazing feeling. O i forgot Toronto, but they hide in shame most of the time. Lol.

I'm so excited for the Jets. I used to visit grandparents every winter & summer. It's been over 10 years since i've been back. Would love to do a Winnipeg, Ontario, Montreal, Toronto week. Next year i will for sure do the California swing.

BG Level

I mostly see Red Wings, Chicago, Rangers, Vancouver, Flyers fans at Kings games.

Now im on the east coast though in south jersey with Philly being 30 mins away but ive heard you dont dare wear a jersey of another team there, lol.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah, that's pretty much suicide. My boss did that in the playoffs 2 yrs ago (400$ USD for tickets behind the team bench...HOW IN THE CONFERENCE FINALS?!?), wore a habs shirt during the game, and took it off when he was out of his seat / leaving the arena.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

This is the best portrayal of Canadians and/or hockey fans ever.

Bonus points because I could understand some of it!

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty much suicide. My boss did that in the playoffs 2 yrs ago (400$ USD for tickets behind the team bench...HOW IN THE CONFERENCE FINALS?!?), wore a habs shirt during the game, and took it off when he was out of his seat / leaving the arena.
    what a sissy

Actually, I can't really say much.... i've only been in enemy territory once. Yet, it was a yankees/redsox game in new york but I wore full blown sox gear anyways lol

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by jmcgarrell View Post
    what a sissy

Actually, I can't really say much.... i've only been in enemy territory once. Yet, it was a yankees/redsox game in new york but I wore full blown sox gear anyways lol
    I went to Cleveland/Boston 2007 ALCS game two at Fenway with my girlfriend at the time, who was a huge Indians fan. I'd say 98% of Sox fans were pretty nice and knowledgeable about both teams, but the other 2% were about the biggest loudmouth pricks in the world. Kinda like the Vancouver riots, a few jackasses can ruin a fanbase's reputation.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post

This is the best portrayal of Canadians and/or hockey fans ever.

Bonus points because I could understand some of it!
    Peace and order prevails again in Canada...

until the next hockey game.

That is fantastic, needs to be be on a shirt or poster or something.

hate going to rangers / devils game as a wings fan.... though i must say it's funny as fuck when you make up majority of your section.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    I went to Cleveland/Boston 2007 ALCS game two at Fenway with my girlfriend at the time, who was a huge Indians fan. I'd say 98% of Sox fans were pretty nice and knowledgeable about both teams, but the other 2% were about the biggest loudmouth pricks in the world. Kinda like the Vancouver riots, a few jackasses can ruin a fanbase's reputation.
    The nice thing about fenway, is they are a "family ballpark".... so if your being a prick, and cursing up a storm then security has no problem giving you the boot.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by jmcgarrell View Post
    The nice thing about fenway, is they are a "family ballpark".... so if your being a prick, and cursing up a storm then security has no problem giving you the boot.
    GM Place is the same way, they constantly advertise the number you can text if someone is being a douche in your section.

I've always wanted to go to a game in Calgary, I don't think it would be dangerous unless it was the playoffs.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast