• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Apparently Smyth wants back to EDM. Not sure how to feel about this.

Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

We'll trade you 1 Horcoff for him. Yes, both are overpaid, but you get a guy who looks like Sloth!!

.... and we get the heart & soul of the team back. <3

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

So Ramsay is apparently out.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369529

The search continues!

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    Is the biggest reason that happen because the former GM (Tallon I think?) Messed up and didnt file the paper work correctly to submit the MQO to the NHL?
    No, they only lost a couple million on that deal, the biggest reasons were 1) Brian Campbell's contract(also Tallon's fault, 2) Toews & Kane both having rookie contracts loaded with bonus clauses that almost never actually happen(Conn Smythe, Stanley Cup-winning goals, etc) that ended up leaving an extra $4m+ in bonuses counting against this cap, and 3) Doug Wilson pulling the power move with the Hjalmarsson offer sheet.

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Apparently Habs said they don't want Jagr.

Cannot say i'm surprised.

They also signed Pacioretty for 2 years

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

and Desharnais too...why would they NOT want Jagr ?!?

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Saw this on reddit and chuckled.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I can't get enough of these riot gifs.
    I certainly wouldn't mind if you posted a few more Thor. Report out of Pittsburgh is Jagr advised Shero Detroit and Pens are the two main teams he would consider coming to play for. If he goes anywhere it will be Detroit imo. Pittsburgh has a little bit of cap room but I just don't see them taking it up by signing Jagr. I would love it if they did, he was great here in the city when he wanted to play. He left on a bad note and this town is notoriously tough on athletes they feel have slighted the city and it's fans. Sadly, most of the time it's not justified. Like how most Pens fans boo Hossa. He was a rental. He wasn't obligated to re-sign here. But everything apparently though he would. Fucking hate yinzer fans.

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    Apparently Smyth wants back to EDM. Not sure how to feel about this.
    Well he's getting up there in games, might want to retire there. Or spend his last season there or something.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Flarega View Post
    Well he's getting up there in games, might want to retire there. Or spend his last season there or something.
    I feel like Smyth would be such a better influence on all the young guys on Edmonton. Horcoff is so terrible, and yeah, Smyth has a lot of heart and class. Not to mention he's won some international gold so he brings experience too. Horcoff as Edmonton captain is just... awful.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'd love to get a Smyth Oilers jersey if he came back. I have 2, but both are team Canada ones. Red and Black ones.
    Oddly enough, I got 2 Gagner Oiler jersies his rookie year.
    Though even in the crowd at games, still a HUGE number of blue and orange 94's in Rexall.
    I'd take him back in a heartbeat. If for nothing else that he WANTS to be in Edmonton and can mould the younger players.... properly.
    Horcoff can't be moved unless he asks to go, so ummm... Souray and a promise not to laugh by Tambi when he makes the call? I doubt LA is looking to get fleeced by the Oilers twice in a row though.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    I certainly wouldn't mind if you posted a few more Thor. Report out of Pittsburgh is Jagr advised Shero Detroit and Pens are the two main teams he would consider coming to play for. If he goes anywhere it will be Detroit imo. Pittsburgh has a little bit of cap room but I just don't see them taking it up by signing Jagr. I would love it if they did, he was great here in the city when he wanted to play. He left on a bad note and this town is notoriously tough on athletes they feel have slighted the city and it's fans. Sadly, most of the time it's not justified. Like how most Pens fans boo Hossa. He was a rental. He wasn't obligated to re-sign here. But everything apparently though he would. Fucking hate yinzer fans.
    Worse than that is San Jose fans booing Brian Campbell still, at least Hossa was good enough to get worked up over, lol. Jagr to Detroit makes sense, that way he doesn't bring down their average age stats after losing Rafalski.

Quote Originally Posted by Richybear View Post
    Oddly enough, I got 2 Gagner Oiler jersies his rookie year.
    At least it wasn't 2 Penner jerseys I guess.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post

At least it wasn't 2 Penner jerseys I guess.

I'd sooner have a Patrik Stefan jersey.

BG Level

Well, I wouldnt call the Penner trade a bust yet. WIll wait to see how he responds and how the pick and Teubeult pans out.

And apparently, my gut feeling was right. When asked about being traded, Smyth said it was the first he heard of it and has not asked to be traded.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Also Smyth has denied the rumor that he requested a trade.
    “Holy Cow … I have no idea where that’s coming from. I have not asked for a trade.”
    Fun stuff, either people making up stories or Smyth trying to keep things quiet.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

True, but even if Teubert never plays a shift, he'll be like Penner, just not on the ice at the time. >.> <.<
    I dunno, I got sick of Dustin and his "Play like I'm 4'7" when I'm 6'4" and 240+" ways.
    Granted he was never a power forward in that sense, but at least go to the front of the fucking net. It's not like he had to worry about Souray and his 100 mph shot straying off into the nosebleeds accidentally catching him. That and he's the worst skater I'd seen since Kovalenko for the Oilers.
    I wish you guys luck in LA in trying to figure him out, because when he decides he wants to play, he can be good. But as San Jose proved, he can look pretty lost out there.

Even if Smytty says he doesn't want back, he still has a foundation to come back to here. He never sold his house, and still has his restaurant. So even if no trade happens, I can see him signing here next summer, even if it's just to retire as an Oiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    Also Smyth has denied the rumor that he requested a trade.

Fun stuff, either people making up stories or Smyth trying to keep things quiet.
    Bob McKenzie tweeted that he stands by his original story about Smyth. The Smyth's GM never denied the rumors, simply that their talks were going to be kept "between them."

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    and Desharnais too...why would they NOT want Jagr ?!?
    They don't want to take a chance with another kovalev.

Also they just signed Kostytsin and they are too pussy to push pouliot to 3rd line same with Gomez so they said that jagr isisnt in their plan

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast