Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Try to get into multiple focus group companies. Highest I was ever paid to give my opinion for like 2 hours was like $150 bucks. This is more to supplement your income though and not for you to live off of.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Whored myself to Hold'em cash games through college about five nights a week. Easy money was fucking easy.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Apply for welfare, eat only top ramen, and stop paying for your wifi.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

but if you get welfare, you can easily afford your wifi!

aduidarnenye

Quote Originally Posted by test123 View Post
    Tutoring. Learning by teaching while making $$$. Kids with ADD etc, parents will hire you for 2-3 hour sessions. High Schoolers etc.
    Don't do this. Tutoring is hell. The parents will try to whittle your fee away to nothing while complaining that you're not giving their precious children high enough level stuff even though the damn kids have rocks for brains. It is truly, truly awful.

clean houses / apartments

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Prostitute via interwebs.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I work during the summer, I make SERIOUS money after taxes interning (but I work on wall street so salaries are a little unusual there). bitcoin farming is dangerous, a lot of these idiots think they won't get nailed by the IRS for tax evasion or by the FBI once they realize what's going on. it's too popular for money laundering for it to last, plus the market crashes about once a week. shit is dumb.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by jmcgarrell View Post
    but if you get welfare, you can easily afford your wifi!
    Not if you have to reimburse Mickey D's for shitting on their floors.

aduidarnenye

Quote Originally Posted by Derock View Post
    Sounds like a teaching problem more than a learning problem.
    I tell them my $20/hr fee and immediately get requests to lower it to $10/hr, which is half! Before I even start teaching them. Then I have parents who want their precious children to write full essays that I'm supposed to edit in a single session because the kids "already know how it we just need you to make it sound good" while I want to teach the kid how to do research, take notes, write outlines, do drafts, and edit their own papers, which would take several classes. And dare not tell the child to turn off and put away a cell phone that continually pings with texts because they and the parents get angry. There are, of course, the occasional good ones out there. The Muslim kids are the best. They'll generally work and they pay the best. The Koreans are horrible and want you to work for nothing. I've spent many classes just doing vocabulary lessons because the Koreans wanted to work with material too high level for their ability and they don't understand any of the words. Then they complain we're only doing vocab and nothing interesting, when I had fun lessons about phrasal verbs or modals or gerunds all set up for them previously.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    I tell them my $20/hr fee and immediately get requests to lower it to $10/hr, which is half! Before I even start teaching them. Then I have parents who want their precious children to write full essays that I'm supposed to edit in a single session because the kids "already know how it we just need you to make it sound good" while I want to teach the kid how to do research, take notes, write outlines, do drafts, and edit their own papers, which would take several classes. And dare not tell the child to turn off and put away a cell phone that continually pings with texts because they and the parents get angry. There are, of course, the occasional good ones out there. The Muslim kids are the best. They'll generally work and they pay the best. The Koreans are horrible and want you to work for nothing. I've spent many classes just doing vocabulary lessons because the Koreans wanted to work with material too high level for their ability and they don't understand any of the words. Then they complain we're only doing vocab and nothing interesting, when I had fun lessons about phrasal verbs or modals or gerunds all set up for them previously.
    Why does it matter if they're on the phone if you're getting paid by the hour? Their loss not yours. I guess the parents want to see results though.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I worked part time at a local office supply store that allowed for flexible hours, and my senior year I interned at the place I ended up working once I graduated.

aduidarnenye

Quote Originally Posted by Heavencloud View Post
    Why does it matter if they're on the phone if you're getting paid by the hour? Their loss not yours. I guess the parents want to see results though.
    I want them to actually learn something useful. Plus, if they don't learn things and, for a lot of the students, if the grades don't improve a lot (like C to A in a few weeks) the parents will drop you. Of course, if that's the case, they'll probably drop you regardless because that's near impossible even in the best conditions.

I did do a lot of paper editing and checking for my fellow students in university. If you have solid grammar and are aware of prose styles you can make fairly good money off the students who have zero financial ability and are blowing through their student loans in alcohol and poor grades.

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Work.

I've been doing dog walking and pet sitting since last year, which is an easy way to make cash especially if you live in a area with a lot of dog-friendly apartments.

Ridill
    BG Level

Topless Tutors

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'm guessing the OP doesn't have bills etc..?

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    I want them to actually learn something useful. Plus, if they don't learn things and, for a lot of the students, if the grades don't improve a lot (like C to A in a few weeks) the parents will drop you. Of course, if that's the case, they'll probably drop you regardless because that's near impossible even in the best conditions.

I did do a lot of paper editing and checking for my fellow students in university. If you have solid grammar and are aware of prose styles you can make fairly good money off the students who have zero financial ability and are blowing through their student loans in alcohol and poor grades.
    Man, this is like the big thing my sister (working on her phd so doing a fair bit of teaching) will not figure out for the life of her... if people don't want to learn, let them waste their fucking money. I know "oh I'm a teacher it's my responsibility to blah blah" fuck that. We're not talking about Dangerous Minds here, and we're not talking about 8 year olds.

If people don't care to learn, you're not going to accomplish anything by attempting to force them to. The only hope you have for success is to convince them it's worth it, or to trick them into thinking they're doing something they want to do.

As for the thread...

I delivered pizzas. It had its ups and downs, but for the most part it was a really nice college job.

Banned.

BG Level

focus on a few things:
    efficiency ($/time)
    productivity (amount of shit you can convert to $/time)
    manhours (conversion of time -> money)

those 3 things...if you understand those 3 things, you can't not make money unless you are like crippled or retarded and those people get jobs at wal-mart so you should be good.

convert money. don't spend money, use money. convert money into stuff. convert "stuff" into money. if you're in a "spend/save" mindset you're not in a "convert" mindset.

this post could make you more than a summer at best buy could. can PM me if you want more or any specific ideas. small business is locally specific so all of the ideas you need are specific to your area unless you're online

edit: boom said specific 3 times in under 16 words, suck it