Malorne
    Blog Entries

Noir (Live-Action TV Series)

http://geektyrant.com/storage/post-i...2011/noir.jpeg

Producers: Sam Rami and Rob Tapert
    IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1777316/
    Wiki:

Plot:
    The series follows the story of two young female assassins, the Corsican Mireille Bouquet and the Japanese amnesiac Yumura Kirika, who embark together on a personal journey to seek answers about mysteries concerning their past. While at first they seem to be only vaguely related to each other, there are clues and hints given throughout the series that there is more going on behind the scenes than at first glance.

In their journey to learn more about Yumura's lost memories and her connection to Bouquet, the two form an alliance and begin performing assassinations under the code name "Noir." During the course of the series, they are lured into more and more traps by a secret organization named Les Soldats ("The Soldiers" in French). Les Soldats are a secret organization that has been a part, yet separate group of humanity. It is this hidden group that created and once completely controlled the deadly duo "Noir." Each time that Les Soldats soldiers are sent to kill Bouquet and Yumura, it is considered a test as to whether or not the young women are suitable to carry the title "Noir."
    Notes:

Sam Rami and Rob Tapert's live-action adaption of the Japanese anime series Noir was recently picked up and green lit by Starz. The story follows two young female assassins working in a criminal underworld, fighting against a secret society. After discovering they're mysteriously linked, the two embark together on a personal journey to seek answers about mysteries from their past. They have to work together until they get answers about why and how they are connected, or until one of them kills the other.

Sounds like this could be a pretty badass series, you really can't go wrong with a story that involves two female assassins. I'm excited to see this is actually going to go into production. It will be interesting to see who ends up being cast in the two lead female roles.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/6/17...p-by-star.html
    http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/star...oir-to-series/

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

notsureifwant.jpg

It's on Starz at least so the violence won't be an issue, but still...

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

notsureifwant.jpg

It's on Starz at least so the violence won't be an issue, but still...

So if Spartacus and Camelot are any indication, there will be plenty of pointless(?) nudity in this show.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Noir was the first anime I ever spent money on so it hold a special place for me -- dunno how to feel about this...

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Loved the anime a lot, even bought the OSTs.

Canta per me will be nice to hear again

They better do it right and get Yuki Kajiura to do the music for the show. :D

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

As long as they have the same flashback like 15 times, I'm sure everything will be okay!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Good anime, but not so sure how this will translate into live-action.