+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Credit Card Issue: Advice     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

I wait for when the first minimal payment is due, then pay it off. I remember creating a thread about not being able to get a CC for the life of me, and as of 3 days ago, with my new discover card, I did my first credit check since creating that thread and found out I have a 785 credit score @ 22.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    So how do you guys manage your credit in the way of getting points and not paying the interest?

Do you go purchase gas, and then immediately pay that shit off?
    Just pay your bill in full every month - treat it like a check card.

For everyday purchases, this card is the shit: http://www.discovercard.com/escape/

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

What's better? Cashback or miles? I don't travel often, but I would like to go back to Cincinnati to visit way more often than I do.

However, I am just a student so I don't make a whole lot of money, so idk if it'd be better/easier to accrue cashback or miles.

I was looking at the 5% bonus cashback and it's only 5% bonus up to $300 then I assume it goes back down to 1%.

I just threw down $300 easily on movies, gas and theme parks over the last month, would suck to be capped on that cashback lol

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Shit is situational bro. Just gotta find the best card for your situation. I prefer not dealing with "airline-only" rewards or those that are a pain to convert to cash.

CHELLLLLLLLLLLLL
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Garnet Cat
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

idk, I take one huge vacation every year, so it's pretty much guaranteed free airfare for me & an upgrade if there is a seat available. Works for me. Flew to Hawaii for free, first class. Whatevs.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

I can't recall if this was discussed in a previous CC thread or not, but what's the dent like for canceling your first credit card? I've read it's based on the length of time you keep a card until your first cancellation and the card I want to close is my 2nd that I've only had for about 3 years that I opened up unnecessarily. I've been holding a balance on it for awhile so I'm not sure which would hurt me more in the long run.

Ifrit's lolCudgel
    QQing is what I do best

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If the card is not costing you money to hold (like many of the airline credit cards, an annual fee), just pay off the balance and use it for a coffee every now and then to keep activity on it. Closing a credit line will hurt your credit, but keeping it and not using it helps your score.