RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Looking for some new anime to watch

It's been a while since I've watched any anime. Looking to find a series or two to spend time on this summer. I'd look around myself, but I don't really know where to start looking for something new to watch. Theres just so much out there. Some criteria these need to fit:

-Prefer non ongoing series. I don't wanna watch weekly.
    -Animes of 26~ episodes only, maybe 2 seasons at most. I don't like watching really long ones.
    -I prefer action, fantasy, or sci fi animes. Comedy is fine but I'd prefer it if it still had action aspects to it too.
    -It doesn't have to be brand new but I'd prefer no older than 90s.

I'm not looking for anything specific, just something new to watch. Don't list the following because I've already seen them.

Spoiler: show
    Trigun
    Code Geass
    Escaflowne
    TTGL
    Wolf's Rain
    Nadesico
    Evangelion
    Full Metal Panic
    Berserk
    Cowboy Bebop
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Bleach
    High School of the dead
    Darker than black
    Fate/Stay night
    Gundam Wing
    G Gundam
    Gundam 00
    Yamato takeru
    Flame of Recca
    Ninku
    Gungrave
    Scrapped Princess
    Death Note
    Hellsing

Theres probably some I'm forgetting. But yeah, shoot me some ideas of something new to pick up please!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Sqwunk

List of stuff I've watched, there are some slice of life and comedy stuff in there but check out the high rated ones and see if the genre matches what you're looking for. Table also shows you how many episodes long each series is.

From my list off the top of my head I'd say give Saber Marionette J a shot
    Spoiler: show

Episodes: 25
    Aired: Oct 1, 1996 to Mar 25, 1997
    Genres: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Martial Arts, Mecha, Romance, Sci-Fi, Shounen, Harem

Soul Eater is pretty good too, action/comedy/sci-fi, I think it's made by SquareEnix. Anime's story differs from the mangas about half way through the show, leading to an ending, which the manga hasn't even reached yet.

Other people like magus will probably be able to help more, I'm pretty sure the amount of show's he's watched is much higher than mine.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Hellsing Ultimate.

Taking forever for new episodes to come out but it's short and fun to watch.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Gurren Lagann - 27 Episodes total, or all clustered into 2, 2 hour movies.

Series - http://www.animeseason.com/tengen-toppa-gurren-lagann/
    Movie 1 - http://www.animeseason.com/gekijouba...-hen-complete/
    Movie 2 - http://www.animeseason.com/gekijouba...-hen-complete/

Edit: Late and was looking for full name, missed TTGL, my bad. In which case I'll be productive and mention you should look up Panty & Stocking.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood or the Alternate one(technically the first one, but it stopped following the manga after a certain point) Both series are around 50~ episodes

Gantz.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks for the ideas. I'll be checking out Gantz and Soul Eater. And I think it might finally be time for me to get into FMA. But Blackmoomba, Panty and Stocking is not for me lol.

Feel free to throw out more names. I still have almost 3 months of summer left. Thanks!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Black Lagoon, it's a must watch.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Dolores - Zone of the Enders (26 episodes), with one OVA (prequel); Zone of the Enders IDOLO
    Devil May Cry (12 episodes, quite dull, but the English one's Dante is voiced by the same guy as DMC3 and DMC4, and all the wits are retained).

I highly recommend Slam Dunk, it's 101 with episodes 4 OVAs (not required) but due to the setting it's perfectly fit for Summer, and the backstory on the main characters are awesome. If you've not guessed, it's centered around basketball. I believe Funimation dubbed it in English but I can't watch it online because the website only allows US IPs.

And gosh! You've seen Yamato Takeru, I've rarely known anyone that's seen it. I just found it a shame Takeru didn't get to fight the Mikazuchi using their End-Game Mechs, and he died a somewhat tragic death, but ah well.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The end of yamato takeru was the first anime I ever saw when I was 8 years old. I recently hunted down a fansubbed copy of it so I could watch the whole thing.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Shikabane Hime (Corpse Princess translated title)
    2 seasons, Aka and Kuro, 25 ep, Action, Secret group fighting off demons

Valkyria Chronicles (also Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles)
    26 ep, Action/Comedy, follows a militia squad during a war

Samurai Champloo
    26 ep, Action/Comedy, couple samurai and a girl trek around japan looking for someone

Black Blood Brothers
    12 ep, Action/Comedy/Vampires (good anime but it leaves you wanting more imo, wish it would get a second season)

I'll second Soul Eater as well but it takes some people several episodes to get into as some of the characters are goofy and over the top. Panty and Stocking is great too, watch some episodes before writing it off! Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is the better one but both are good.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

School Days

edit: but on a more serious note.

If you do ever want an ongoing shonen type, pick up One Piece. It's awesome.

And if you are interested in romance/comedy Lovely Complex or Skip Beat are pretty good.

I loved Lovely Com. I second the recommendation.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I'll have to throw in Ghost in the shell: standalone complex as a must watch series. Two seasons 26 episodes each with one movie (Solid State Society).
    It's a very deep and slightly complex story, yet there's still quite a bit of action. Amazing soundtrack and actually one of the best dubs I have heard if you choose that route.
    Definitely my all time favorite anime so check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Thanks for the ideas. I'll be checking out Gantz and Soul Eater. And I think it might finally be time for me to get into FMA. But Blackmoomba, Panty and Stocking is not for me lol.

Feel free to throw out more names. I still have almost 3 months of summer left. Thanks!
    Sweet, lemme know what you think of it, if you think of it I loved it, but it all came to a close so quickly