FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Luther

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lc...ky0mo1_400.jpg

Anyone watching this? Watched a couple of episode so far, it's really good, Idris Elba is the man!

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    Idris Elba is the man!
    cosigned

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Was on net flix has the new season started yet?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

1 day. I wish to make love to your rectum Qalbert.
    one day! thx

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I watched the first episode of the first season and I hate to say it but it was really bad. Does it get better? Idris did an ok job as the cop but the show wasn't much better than the lame network cop dramas in the US.

I just started watching this on BBC1, love Idris Elba! Thanks for the links Qal, I missed out on S1.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

It's a pretty cliched cop show, Idris's performance is one of the few things that carries it to be even watchable.

That said, Fat Qalbert hook me up w/ some MU for S2.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

dunno about cliche but the show does have a pretty good sound artist, better than most tv shows ive seen.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

season 2 is freakin awesome so far

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Objectively, is it better than the first season? I watched through it on Netflix, and I thought it was pretty slow and the plot kinda boring. I wouldn't say it was bad, because it was interesting, but nothing really turned out how I thought it would. I am interested to find out what happens after the end of the first season though.

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    dunno about cliche but the show does have a pretty good sound artist, better than most tv shows ive seen.
    Loved Season 1. Ruth Wilson (Alice) is fucking phenomenal. Thanks Qal, as ever. Keep em coming if ya can, though I will be checking icefilms every week myself. Looks like the show airs on Tuesdays eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrmani View Post
    Objectively, is it better than the first season? I watched through it on Netflix, and I thought it was pretty slow and the plot kinda boring. I wouldn't say it was bad, because it was interesting, but nothing really turned out how I thought it would. I am interested to find out what happens after the end of the first season though.
    Nothing turning out as you thought it would is generally good yes? Nice to be surprised these days.... I agree that the show is generally slower than some others but I think that the psychological nature of the show is what makes it shine, and the exceptional cast foremost.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

agree on alice character being abselutely amazing

Thanks Qal! Episode 3 was great. I really love this show, and all of the cast is great too. I loved the ending to this one, of course I had no idea what I was seeing at first and thought I had missed something. Next episode looks just as good. I wonder if they are only going to do six episodes again like the first season. That would be unfortunate =( It does seem pretty standard though for BBC shows.

Someone had mentioned the sound engineer earlier. I have found in general that BBC programs have outstanding sound/soundtracks. One that stands out above all others is Misfits. If anyone here hasn't seen that, you are doing yourself a great GREAT disservice. FUCKING. WATCH. IT.

Here, icefilms link for Misfits. You are welcome: http://www.icefilms.info/tv/series/2/1341.html

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

misfits is the shit. so sad that nathan wont be in next series

It will NOT be the same. I assume that that is going to start up in November (the past two seasons have) and that they will air the 'filler' webisode just before to explain him away. I just hope the kid that is coming in doesn't suck.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Graelinn View Post
    I wonder if they are only going to do six episodes again like the first season. That would be unfortunate =( It does seem pretty standard though for BBC shows.
    This series is only 4 eps long

Well shit, I assumed that I was just seeing only episodes 4 on the site I go to for descriptions.... because that was all they had. I didn't even THINK that it could be because there were only 4 episodes. Well shit. Hopes dashed. I guess the next episode is the season finale. =(

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Ep3 was awesome, I caught the first season a few months ago on netflix and was not surprised it was really good since its a bbc show. Just started misfits also, seems fun. I love the tension that Luther seems to always have, some of the scenes in ep3 were awesome. And of course the end was great. Also Survivors was pretty good another bbc show, not sure if it's been mentioned here recently on the forums.

I agree completely about the tension in Luther. They do a great job (I think) of putting him through the paces as a good cop resorting to bad things without making it extreme in any way.

Really liked Survivors and it sort of embodied a very Walking Dead like feel to me. Ultimately though it is just such a disappointing ending since the series was cancelled.