Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Makwa Ironwill
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Resolution problem.(FFXI, Windower and Win7)

I just installed Windows 7 64bit yesterday, and with it FFXI and Windower. I took all the steps, enabled "run as administrator," etc, and downloaded the Win7 version of POL from Square-Enix's site. When I start up XI, it runs fine throughout POL, but when it loads FFXI, it stays the same resolution as POL, and windowed. I wanna play it full-screen(with the benefits of alt-tabbing) and make it look good, but it just...won't. Can I get some help?

Everything else runs fine, Windower, all plugins etc. And the game itself runs in fullscreen fine when I don't run Windower, but where's the fun in that?

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If you're unfamiliar with editing the registry manually, you may wish to use www.ffxicalculator.com to do it for you. Besides the many other useful functions FFXI Calculator provides, it can be used to edit both your registry and Windower INI settings.

I'd recommend downloading that, clicking on the "FFXI Settings" tab, loading your Windower INI within the bottom pane, and going from there.

EDIT: As you're using Windows 7, you may also need to right-click the FFXI Calculator executable, select the Compatibility tab, and check "Run as Administrator" beforehand.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Makwa Ironwill
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That fixed it! thanks a bunch.
    EDIT: guess I should say running it as admin fixed it. Of all the things I set to admin I can't believe I didn't bother to check it on FFXI Calculator. ._.;

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Makwa Ironwill
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Bah, I went to bed after playing for a bit,(typed /shutdown and it crashed upon close, if that matters) and now that I'm up it's doing the same thing. It'll load as fullscreen now but stays in the low res like before. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing wrong here. Oh, and this time Windower won't "hook"? or apply... I'll boot it up from windower but it won't give me the "enabled" on the top window for POL or FFXI.
    EDIT: Guess I fixed it... Gotta check the "x64" each time I load up windower. Wish I didn't have to lol.