+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

I never said to bail on them if they had a brief "funk." Why do people keep implying I did?

It's possible to rationalize anything. In that regard, yes, snooping is "rational." The response that would be much more conducive to a relationship would be to talk to them. If they are unwilling to talk or communicate in any way, continuously, then I would break up with them. That's not a brief funk—it's an unwillingness to be in a relationship, and an unwillingness to work it out by talking. They're obviously hiding something or/and want out. It's not my obligation to pander to them and put an extremely disproportional amount of effort into the relationship. That's unhealthy and unequal.

Obviously I wouldn't break up with someone over a brief quiet mood. That isn't ever what I suggested.

"Ideal" relationships like lucienne and I prefer aren't nearly as rare as people make them out to be. Just because something is "ideal" doesn't mean it's intrinsically impossible or even difficult.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by EternityEnd View Post
    Obviously I wouldn't break up with someone over a brief quiet mood. That isn't ever what I suggested.
    Well, OP seems to be talking about a couple weeks here. And you talk about ideal, Lucienne was in a 7-year relationship where one bad response to her falling down the stairs and she was out.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

I'm not the one who said what I referred to was "ideal." That was day.

Lucienne's boyfriend's "bad response" was pretty unacceptable, no matter how long they'd been together. I can't fathom how you think he wasn't being a jerkass. It looks like you're just trying to argue semantics now, in which case the debate is pretty much over.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

ITT: You can't label someone jealous because they feel the need to go through your shit to make sure you're not cheating. In fact, it's "normal and smart" to spy on your partner from time to time.

Well, I think we'll agree to disagree. I stand by my statement that I would break up with someone if I found out they had such trust issues. I would rather have, you know, a mature person who I can go my separate way with at a party and not worry that they're fucking their ex in the bathroom.
    You and Luci both changed your stance from your original replies in this thread which seemed to imply that if you found your partner snooping you'd get out because the relationship was doomed in the first place. Anyways not sure why I'm trying to debate with a homosexual and a model from sweden on what normal relationships are supposed to be like, and whats acceptable/unacceptable. A masochist is me. I don't even know how you guys got on the topic of someone snooping more than once anyways, it was never the topic at hand and really nothing to do with this thread.

For the record, I'm in a relationship now where I don't feel the slightest need to snoop. It hasn't even crossed my mind. It's great. I can't really argue that this isn't how it should be, however I'm not naive enough to think that this is not often the case. Cheating happens fairly often and that alone is enough to make some people worry. If someone starts acting fishy, and they are genuinely doing something, confronting them is not going to do a damn thing. Trust me, they will lie, and then what? You call them a liar with no proof to back up your claims? Shit is situational as fuck but snooping through someone's stuff is not the end of the world and you should not feel like it's some huge invasion of privacy if you love the person you are with. I think where I stand on the whole thing is beyond clear at this point, just wanted to point out that I"m in the exact "ideal" relationship you are describing.

To each their own in the end. Handle your shit however you want. Sounds like you've come to the realization that you wouldn't actually break up with them if you caught them snooping which was implied by both of you earlier in the thread. Glad you finally see it my way.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So does this mean you aren't going to get that kitten declawed because "my gf wants a pet" and "my landlord wants it declawed" ?

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Argumentum ad hominem, with an extra dash of homophobia and misogyny.

I'm not even replying to that, beyond: I never changed my stance, only elaborated. Done here. lol

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    In my current relationship, I'm frequently around a number of exes - lots of shared friends, wine club, etc.

My girlfriend complains about it sometimes, and I assure her that if I was going to fuck someone else, I would have the decency to break up with her first.

However, if her insecurity got the best of her and I caught her going through my phone, it would be a sign to me not that she needs to gtfo because she doesn't trust me, but a sign that I haven't earned her trust yet. It would be something we needed to work on together.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 4G using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Lol holy crap that made me laugh.

I agree with Miz and Day on this one though. I don't think that snooping on your significant other is as black and white as some see it. I think it really depends on how bad the snooping is, how in depth it goes, and to what lengths someone takes to snoop on their significant other. It also depends on what your relationship is like. CS if you are willing to talk about it before hand why not be willing to talk about it after the fact?

Hard to draw the line because it really does depend on the situation as well as the individual you are dealing with.
    My nigs

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Argumentum ad hominem, with an extra dash of homophobia and misogyny.

I'm not even replying to that, beyond: I never changed my stance, only elaborated. Done here. lol
    Did you see the part where he said that homosexual relationships aren't normal relationships? I bet you're gonna take that insult.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

ratatatatapapapapapapa, you are my hero. Water bottle still applies.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    So does this mean you aren't going to get that kitten declawed because "my gf wants a pet" and "my landlord wants it declawed" ?
    I was waiting for someone to ask this...

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    NES doesn't have a network connection moron.
    Epic looooooooool