+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: BG insomniacs?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

BG insomniacs?

I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping the past month or so.

I generally sleep between 4 and 5.5 hours, but sometimes I sleep less, and if I stay up for extreme lengths at a time, I can sleep up to 6 and a half.

For example, I went to bed this morning at 1:50am est and I woke up at 5:10am. I generally can't fall back asleep and spend the whole day lacking in energy/feeling exhausted.

Anyone else w/ similar experiences/possible solutions?

And for those who are fans of the ghetto CS threads, I won't leave you guys out.

Spoiler: show

My uncle got arrested for punching a 58 year old lady and kicking her huband's ass when he came out as well
    http://www.pcsoweb.com/InmateBooking...ull&id=1460661
    Charge Number: 1
    Agency Report Number: SO11219299
    Offense Description: FELONY BATTERY PRIOR CONVICTION)
    Statute: 784.03(2)/F
    Court Case Number: CRC1113289CFANO
    Bond Assessed: $2,500.00
    Bond Amount Due: $0.00
    OBTS: 5206097046

Charge Number: 2
    Agency Report Number: SO11219299
    Offense Description: POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA
    Statute: 893.13(6)(B)/M
    Court Case Number: CTC1115885MMANO
    Bond Assessed: $150.00
    Bond Amount Due: $0.00
    OBTS: 5206097046

He's already made bail, he'll beat this charge like the rest of em. 9th arrest since I moved in with him in 2005 and the most time he's done is 1 month and most probation he's done is 6 months. He has a good attorney

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Exact same problem, do you sleep midday? Even if it's 1-2 hours. Main reason I noticed is I'm not tired enough since I haven't been working for 2 weeks. So make yourself more tired doing whatever, clean house, garden, workout, jogging. Also sleeping pills, one or two every 3-4 days to help you start a pattern.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Really, a 58 y/o lady? Sorry, your uncle's a prick.

"Jammin'!"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I've generally slept for 4~ hours for every 10~ hours that I'm awake. Sometimes I'll go 3~4, be awake for an hour or two, and then get another 3~4. It's normal for me, but it sucks reintegrating into society, having things tyo do and places to be.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    Really, a 58 y/o lady? Sorry, your uncle's a prick.
    Well, according to him,
    "She was screaming at me daring me to do something and then slapped me and then still dared me to do something. She didn't even have to ask politely, I gave her exactly what she asked for."

Exact same problem, do you sleep midday? Even if it's 1-2 hours. Main reason I noticed is I'm not tired enough since I haven't been working for 2 weeks. So make yourself more tired doing whatever, clean house, garden, workout, jogging. Also sleeping pills, one or two every 3-4 days to help you start a pattern.
    I have maybe 2 or 3 times in the month in question, but for some reason those "naps" were longer than my actual sleeps, lol. As far as making myself tired, I'm in the gym 3 days a week doing explosive lifts like squats and dead lifts, lol and jogging pretty much every day I'm not in the gym.

Edit: I'll mention all these workouts are done on much less than recommended calories, as I'm poor as shit so I don't eat anywhere even close to right.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Well, according to him,
    "She was screaming at me daring me to do something and then slapped me and then still dared me to do something. She didn't even have to ask politely, I gave her exactly what she asked for."
    I kinda doubt this old lady would scream at and slap your uncle for no reason, unless she was just bat-shit crazy. But yeah, assuming your uncle did something to really piss her off.

Also, ding 700 posts! (Which is really low considering how long I've been browsing these forums.....)

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

According to him he's never met the lady before. He just got sideswiped at a red light and traffic wouldn't allow him to chase down the guy who did it, so he was already pissed, so he pulled over to his cousin's house, who lives in one of those communities w/ a super low speed limit like 5 and I'm sure as pissed as he was he was doing a lot more than 5, so when he got out of his car this lady was going batshit on him for speeding.

After that I'm pretty sure something my uncle woulda pissed her off enough to slap him lol cause he's failed anger management 3 times lol and I know he wasn't in a good mood at the time he pulled up. Probably was drunk, too lol.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRuzhyo View Post
    I've generally slept for 4~ hours for every 10~ hours that I'm awake. Sometimes I'll go 3~4, be awake for an hour or two, and then get another 3~4. It's normal for me
    That's more or less normal for everyone. Humans are bi-phasic sleepers. We are not meant to sleep all the way through the night.
    I have maybe 2 or 3 times in the month in question, but for some reason those "naps" were longer than my actual sleeps, lol. As far as making myself tired, I'm in the gym 3 days a week doing explosive lifts like squats and dead lifts, lol and jogging pretty much every day I'm not in the gym.

Edit: I'll mention all these workouts are done on much less than recommended calories, as I'm poor as shit so I don't eat anywhere even close to right.
    Jee, i wonder what the problem could be. If you can't eat more, then slow the fuck down.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    That's more or less normal for everyone. Humans are bi-phasic sleepers. We are not meant to sleep all the way through the night.
    That's been proven wrong, getting science facts from 10 month old issues of Men's Health is cool I guess

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Ever since transplant I've had maybe a week of nights where I've slept for a nice 10 hours. I usually sleep for like 4-6 hours with lots(and I mean lots) of wake ups in that short time. A mix of waking up in blinding back pain or panicking about some side effect. Ie, waking up, forgetting I'm home, and thinking I'm back in the hospitals ICU.)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

A number of different factors could be affecting your sleeping habits or your body just doesn't seem to think you need as much rest. I know a number of people who function better off of 4-6 hours of sleep and others who require 7+ every night or they are zombies the next day.

For the past three months I have been experiencing sleeping problems too. I may be in bed for 7-8 hours, but I can't stay sleep for more than an hour at a time. Waking up every hour or so makes for an extremely unpleasant day in which I feel exhausted all day and am constantly struggling not to doze off.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by MF Perm tha Fineass View Post
    That's been proven wrong, getting science facts from 10 month old issues of Men's Health is cool I guess
    Surely you have a source? I've yet to see any refutation to wehr's research. And while Ekirch's is a little less scientific, it definitely supports it. But hey, if you've got some research proving otherwise, i'll gladly admit i was wrong. After i wake up again that is, since i've been up almost 2 hours now, it's about time i go back to sleep for a few more~

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Welcome to paradise, bro.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Used to have this problem but slept early and not as late as you. Happened during my 1st year/late 2nd semester in college (mid 2005). Had it for a total of 2-3 months. Only thing different was I knew what the problem was but couldn't do anything about it. I was tired but not sleepy. I'd go for walks to tire myself even more but no dice. My problem was that I couldn't stop thinking. I just lie there on my bed the entire night with my eyes closed but not asleep.

I'd think about school (material) and ffxi (also 1st year I started playing). I ended up with periorbital dark circles which I still have today. Over time the insomnia just went away. I don't know what it was but glad that episode was over. Shit was horrible. On the worst nights I'd only get 1-2 hours of sleep. Sometimes today I still have the thinking problem but that's only cause it takes a while for me to fall asleep (1-1.5 hours). Need to learn how to clear frackin mind....

WTF Sharapova! /angry

Yea,I generally go to bed around 10:30-11:00 pm. Sometimes I just cant get to sleep and will end up staying awake for hours trying to fall asleep. Other times I will fall asleep and end up waking up at 2 or 3 AM, then again right before my alarm goes off around 5:30 am

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    Welcome to paradise, bro.
    as petty as it sounds, this would be one of the few reasons i wouldn't want kids. i have sleep issues like cream, but when i sleep, i sleep for fucking ever. sometimes i will adjust my dream to the alarm clock like a pro. i would sleep through a kid's cry like it was an ocean breeze

You may be feeling some of the effects from overtrainning? Idk, working out that much and having poor nutrition, etc.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

its hard work using the powers of the quail on a daily basis.

but training has little to do with my sleep, honestly lol. i've tried pills, and stupid home remedies like honey and warm water, and whatever else, and still cant have heavy eyelids until way later on. but im a weird sleeper anyways, i cant wake up for shit, but i cannot fall asleep in absolutely silence. i need some kind of TV on, radio, or whatever. i usually put on seinfeld.

New Odin
    BG Level

Stress can make me wake up during the night/early morning. That and stomach pain are the only symptoms I'm aware of, so it can be hard to link them to stress. I remember the final exams in the 6th form keeping me up at night and causing me horrible stomach ache, even though I didn't feel stressed out at all otherwise.

Idk, just something to consider.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast