BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arista Flora
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    Can you elaborate on that? By flagging do you mean you can turn the option for PvP off so nobody can PK you unless you turn it back on and vice versa?
    Flagging is like forced duels to the death. When you flag some1 for PK a red alert pops on both your screen and a 5sec countdown. Once the countdown ends it's kill or be killed (or run to safe area for lulz).
    To flag some1 you need PVP tokens which special vendors sell (1.5k/ea - 10 tokens to flag 1 person at your level, goes higher if there's a lvl difference).

edit: price/number of tokens is based on Korean servers, and since they extremely lowered when you can start PKing they might lower that too.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BGtemp View Post
    THAT tiny weekend run was OB? Thought it was a CB... oh well
    Looks like J-TERA will actually have an OB in the coming weeks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Where you got that info from? Because the sentence you posted only talks about someone playing in CB.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Where you got that info from? Because the sentence you posted only talks about someone playing in CB.
    You're right; somehow it didn't copy/pasted the whole thing – just edited my post.

According to Google translate, it says OB will have the same client used for CB and that they haven't defined when it will start.
    Seems the info comes from here but I always get a validation fail message.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Anyways, are there any level 50+ people in KTera willing to post some VIDS of 50+ skills? <3

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok, so I've asked my friend to check it out and that's what he got from the link: apparently it talks about the end of period when you can download CB client and tells players not to delete it because they will be able to use it for OB. The date for the OB is unknown yet and will be posted on that site. That's all. If you wanna check it out yourself you can use glype proxy on http://www.ejapan.eu/blue but it's down atm.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Naito View Post
    Looks like J-TERA will actually have an OB in the coming weeks.
    Heh, I knew it.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BGtemp View Post
    Heh, I knew it.
    I was confindent about your prediction. And thanks Goku for the comprehensive explanation.
    Anyway, I suppose J-TERA OB will probably still be ip-blocking; will need to find a way to sneak in.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Good read the past couple pages about the economy in this game. Thanks for answering my question. To clarify what I meant by hardcore I was specifically talking about a max level crafter. I'm assuming there is a significant challenge in hitting the max level similar to how it was in ffxi.

If the economy is like ffxi just with the ability to farm without having to spend hours in the meta game figuring out where/how to get the best drops/hr and have it actually be worth your time I'm ok with that. All the extra 0's on stuff doesn't matter if u can casually farm a few mill/hr.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudius View Post
    edit: price/number of tokens is based on Korean servers, and since they extremely lowered when you can start PKing they might lower that too.
    Are you saying the Korean server pop significantly lowered after they allowed PKing or am I misunderstanding?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arista Flora
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by CasualPlayer View Post
    Are you saying the Korean server pop significantly lowered after they allowed PKing or am I misunderstanding?
    whoops that came out odd. I meant that in K-Tera the lvl/areas where you can start PK is 38 in the 2nd continent (elf city), but it was announced to be lv11 right after the starter area in NA/EU servers.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    Can you elaborate on that? By flagging do you mean you can turn the option for PvP off so nobody can PK you unless you turn it back on and vice versa?
    PvP server is free for all. Anybody not in your PT can gank you at any time. If a high level ganks a lowie they lose pvp points or pvp tokens or something. but not like that will prevent ppl from ganking.

edit: oops, didn't realize i was looking at a post from a page back that has been answered on the current page... my bad

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Hm.. lol

Not everyone can gank anyone, since there is no real ganking in this game. You have a 5 second rule that allows the player being PK'd and the PKer to know when it's occurring, and you need to own tokens before you PK someone. All levels use up tokens.

How it works in KR.

PVP is 38+.
    Open PK zones are 38-46, and 51-58. That's it.
    Tokens are 1.5k a pop.
    10 tokens to kill anyone your level or any level above you.
    For any single level below you, it charges you 5 extra tokens.
    There is a limit to how low a player can be in order for you to kill them.
    PK on/off option is available.

How it will work in NA/EU.
    Open PK zones will be all areas outside of IOD. So 11-58.
    Tokens are (TBA) a pop.
    (TBA) tokens to kill anyone your level or any level above you.
    For any single level below you, it charges you (TBA) extra tokens.
    There is no limit to how low a player can be in order for you to kill them.
    PK on/off option will not be available.

In both versions, it only requires one person to declare PK, so that might lead to twinks in NA? IDK.

The amount of money it costs to PK someone you might no like it expensive enough to not wanna do it, so PKing usually resorts simply to patrolling areas and guild wars.

In NA, I don't doubt PKing will resort to kill stealing and an endless amount of grief/drama.

/sadface

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

So even on a PvP-server you still have to "declare" PvP to attack someone?

... that's dissapointing.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Hm.. lol

Not everyone can gank anyone, since there is no real ganking in this game. You have a 5 second rule that allows the player being PK'd and the PKer to know when it's occurring, and you need to own tokens before you PK someone. All levels use up tokens.

How it works in KR.

PVP is 38+.
    Open PK zones are 38-46, and 51-58. That's it.
    Tokens are 1.5k a pop.
    10 tokens to kill anyone your level or any level above you.
    For any single level below you, it charges you 5 extra tokens.
    There is a limit to how low a player can be in order for you to kill them.
    PK on/off option is available.

How it will work in NA/EU.
    Open PK zones will be all areas outside of IOD. So 11-58.
    Tokens are (TBA) a pop.
    (TBA) tokens to kill anyone your level or any level above you.
    For any single level below you, it charges you (TBA) extra tokens.
    There is no limit to how low a player can be in order for you to kill them.
    PK on/off option will not be available.

In both versions, it only requires one person to declare PK, so that might lead to twinks in NA? IDK.

The amount of money it costs to PK someone you might no like it expensive enough to not wanna do it, so PKing usually resorts simply to patrolling areas and guild wars.

In NA, I don't doubt PKing will resort to kill stealing and an endless amount of grief/drama.

/sadface
    Is that only on PvP servers though? Aren't there going to be PvE NA servers or is it the same system with some differences?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Trocian View Post
    So even on a PvP-server you still have to "declare" PvP to attack someone?

... that's dissapointing.
    100% agree with you. That's why I'm rolling PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    Is that only on PvP servers though? Aren't there going to be PvE NA servers or is it the same system with some differences?
    Yup, the PK option with be completely removed for the PVE servers. The duel option will be there. You can organize up to like 15v15 at any time you want, anywhere in the game. And of course, there the wave of BGs that occur.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

That's an interesting way to handle world PvP... so are certain servers designated as PvP and PvE? Wondering what the difference between the two are, if there is a separation

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

you can't walk around flagged or w/e on a PvE server? How about server raids? Wouldn't you be flagged / able to kill ppl on other servers? If you can't roam around killing ppl from other servers then thats dissapointing.. what is the point in server raids?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Crizto View Post
    That's an interesting way to handle world PvP... so are certain servers designated as PvP and PvE? Wondering what the difference between the two are, if there is a separation
    Are you asking if there's PVE and PVP servers? There is.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

How about the new "server vs server pvp battleground"? And the ability to enter other servers through it to PvP? Is that disabled on PvE servers too?