+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level

Everyone who lives in NA and isn't affected by this, please leave.

lol

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

The best part is the comment at the bottom:

What changes are to be done for the EU servers?

I'm NA so I'm not really sure but locking out the Chinese seems ok to me

It maybe difficult to give players the option to put their residence anywhere outside the city but I was thinking they could have a person working for that overseeing that. If a guild than can come up with X amount of money they can buy a piece of land and a GM adjusts where the building falls, faces, etc to keep comprehensive look. GM would be responsible for selecting a land and maybe if something like a neighborhood sprouts he could add roads, park, and other decorations. I'd like if the guild building would be upgradable also, so at 1st maybe a small building but on a piece of land you expand it on.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

lol

TSB

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    It maybe difficult to give players the option to put their residence anywhere outside the city but I was thinking they could have a person working for that overseeing that. If a guild than can come up with X amount of money they can buy a piece of land and a GM adjusts where the building falls, faces, etc to keep comprehensive look. GM would be responsible for selecting a land and maybe if something like a neighborhood sprouts he could add roads, park, and other decorations. I'd like if the guild building would be upgradable also, so at 1st maybe a small building but on a piece of land you expand it on.
    And we can TP rival guilds houses and trees! YAH!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Naito View Post
    Does this mean we're not going to have a September release?
    Sure doesn't sound like it. I mean we are already in the 2nd week of July and they still haven't announced anything yet.

I know they want to do internal PVP testing on the PVP servers, to try and fix this 5 second Deceleration rule thing, so that will take some time. Then have a Closed Beta and a Open Beta. At the rate they are going it probably won't be released till Nov. or around Christmas.

To me it sounds like EME are nothing more than just BHS puppets, kinda like how NCwest is to Ncsoft. BHS does everything and EME just translates, nothing more. So EME has no say in anything and just pretend that they do..lol Probably why EME always gives out lame answers because they really don't do any work and thus don't know anything and have to wait for answers from Korea.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

if they are paying attention to anyone, which it sounds like they are, they have watched what happened with XIV and how that launch got botched, doing their best not to make that mistake at all

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post

To me it sounds like EME are nothing more than just BHS puppets, kinda like how NCwest is to Ncsoft. BHS does everything and EME just translates, nothing more.
    This actually isn't true. EME has had a hand in a good portion of development as Tera was designed to be a global game rather than just a port out of Korea (the Dec 09 and Apr 10 FGT runs were really close to testing sessions in Korea, our feedback from those tests were submitted to BHS to consider for chagnes etc). However, BHS are still the ones in charge and so I am more likely to believe their time frame of on target than whatever EME thinks it is.

XIVs launch going to be a cautionary story for years to come, I'm glad they are taking their time I want something more than a game I will play for a month.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

From what I know, Knox spends 1 week out of every month in Korea working on the game. The big deal with TERA in Korea is the fact that it's a Western style game, as opposed to a text book Korean style MMO. They plan on pleasing the 2 billion target audience word wide, as opposed to strictly the 50 million in Korea.

If you ask me, I don't want this game in September. I'd prefer it in around November. You all gotta keep in mind that it's already been confirmed that the NA retail will launch with more content than what Korea is offering now, so that alone makes it worth the wait to me.

Tired of half-assed games that don't deliver. If I pay my 80 dollars, I want a fully functional game now, not a year from when it's officially released.

You all also gotta keep in mind that not many people know about TERA, as the beta/ad campaigns haven't been started yet, and all the shit they're throwing at us publicly, you've probably already heard from me before.

MaachaQ

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudius View Post
    They added bombs that you can pick up from repeats, they make you do godly damage to mobs (but no exp and I think no drops either). The debuff from the bomb made that mission (pretty much all missions) solo-able on an alt.
    I haven't been playing TERA much lately, and didn't see this was added, do you have the exact name and how to get it? My character missed clearing the Vampire Mansion mission (2 people d/ced at 10% on final boss, the rest of us died and had to HP), and I'm now lvl 37 and can't get a group because they won't get any drops with me in party >.> If I can solo it, I can caught get up to the missions for my proper level.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by MaachaQ View Post
    I haven't been playing TERA much lately, and didn't see this was added, do you have the exact name and how to get it? My character missed clearing the Vampire Mansion mission (2 people d/ced at 10% on final boss, the rest of us died and had to HP), and I'm now lvl 37 and can't get a group because they won't get any drops with me in party >.> If I can solo it, I can caught get up to the missions for my proper level.
    could probably do it solo without the bombs even, bomb is called 카이아의 속박

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Supposedly JP OBT is started, anyone know a working way in? :s

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Source?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Proxying through with a JP IP and logging in lets you click "START GAME." When I click a popup says I'm out of japan so I can't play eventhough the proxy allows me on the site. Although I could have just been trolled, was watching some TERA stream and talking to someone who said it had already started.

Spoiler: show

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The button could be there even before and there's no info anywhere on the site that OB started already.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Region locked or no, Im still gonna be playing from china / hk through VPN. 3$ a month if you buy the package... How else am I suppose to use youtube/google/wiki while Im away...

MaachaQ

Quote Originally Posted by FriskUni View Post
    could probably do it solo without the bombs even, bomb is called 카이아의 속박
    TYVM, are you sure it can be used in the instanced fight? My husband says the in-game description on it says it can't be used on dungeon bosses... Plan to give it a try soloing tomorrow probably.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

slow is smooth, smooth is fast

the biggest obstacles I think aion will have to overcome with an end of 2011 release area is the chance of diablo 3 coming out. So far I, as well as a lot of other people are not impressed with how the SW MMO looks and feels so I think that will be a different group and headache all together. The only other major obstacle to overcome is the korean thing, which people still have fear of based on Aion.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    slow is smooth, smooth is fast

the biggest obstacles I think aion will have to overcome with an end of 2011 release area is the chance of diablo 3 coming out. So far I, as well as a lot of other people are not impressed with how the SW MMO looks and feels so I think that will be a different group and headache all together. The only other major obstacle to overcome is the korean thing, which people still have fear of based on Aion.
    Yeah, never having played Aion I do not have that "fear" I guess. However, a lot of people have mentioned that to me so I guess it is a big issue. The only thing that can really fix that is to have the retail hit and word of mouth spread.

I mean hell, look what word of mouth did to XIV. I know tons of people who didn't even try it for themselves just based on the reputation its garnered.