FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    I mean hell, look what word of mouth did to XIV. I know tons of people who didn't even try it for themselves just based on the reputation its garnered.
    well that and the fact that it was reviewed so poorly by every publication out there

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Those reviews made me QQ while I was a fanboy. Sad to say they're 100% accurate, even nearly 1 year after release.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I think right now, It really would come down to how many popular youtubbers and etc follow TERA and give it how much support. So far its really looking bad, alot of these said people have been giving bad reviews or really neglecting the core of the game and just saying "its an other mmo" god knows why it feels like they were almost paid to take a dump on it, tho I do believe that it is kinda hard to "display" the good points of TERA.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Oh oh! I just replied to something like this on terafans.

The game ain't even in the beta/ad phase yet.
    EME doesn't know as much as they lead you to believe they do.
    We're all too exited because of the mass 3rd party media.

Don't get me wrong, I want this game to come out yesterday as well. I also think that they could man the fuck up and start ad campaigns already, even if it's minimal, but I'm sure there's a reason for it. You don't go into production of a 40 million dollar game hoping it's going to fail. Well, not unless you're.. well.. you know.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

prob starts in august~ish Really if they start it too early then people will just forget about it = wasted money that coulda been spend in only 1 month, cuz its not like we can remeber blueholestudios or enmass entertainment. Nor is it starwars or diablo

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

So am I correct in understanding that there will be no regional / ip blocking for servers, but you have to buy the region version of the game for the server you wish to play on? I.e., can play on NA servers from Japan if you buy NA version of the game?

I also have a few Japanese friends that maybe would like to play, but if they buy the Japanese game, they can't play on NA server?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Maaglin View Post
    So am I correct in understanding that there will be no regional / ip blocking for servers, but you have to buy the region version of the game for the server you wish to play on? I.e., can play on NA servers from Japan if you buy NA version of the game?

I also have a few Japanese friends that maybe would like to play, but if they buy the Japanese game, they can't play on NA server?
    yeah sorry I think you're right, I don't think the bomb works on any of the main instance dungeons (20+ 27+ 37+ etc)
    there are some side instanced fights that they do work in though

JP client is the same as the KR one from my understanding, and the game is split into regions, so you're japanese friends would have to buy/play the NA client
    I wish it was shared too :3

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Oh oh! I just replied to something like this on terafans.

The game ain't even in the beta/ad phase yet.
    EME doesn't know as much as they lead you to believe they do.
    We're all too exited because of the mass 3rd party media.

Don't get me wrong, I want this game to come out yesterday as well. I also think that they could man the fuck up and start ad campaigns already, even if it's minimal, but I'm sure there's a reason for it. You don't go into production of a 40 million dollar game hoping it's going to fail. Well, not unless you're.. well.. you know.
    I remember someone asked Scapes (Community Manager for EME) awhile ago on how the BAMS were looking, and Scapes flat out asked "What exactly are BAMS" ?

It was funny and sad at the same time...lol But don't worry he has since learned what BAMS are..lol

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

BAMs are a slang that was invented randomly by someone in the english community just not long ago. Not suprised

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Going to pull the trigger on the rest of my parts when I get paid on Friday (Unless I hold out for a gtx 570 instead of a 560..) and might have to try K-TERA out ~_~. Is there a guide for translating the basic stuff you guys might have used when you first started out? In game and for set up of account too I guess.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    Going to pull the trigger on the rest of my parts when I get paid on Friday (Unless I hold out for a gtx 570 instead of a 560..) and might have to try K-TERA out ~_~. Is there a guide for translating the basic stuff you guys might have used when you first started out? In game and for set up of account too I guess.
    http://www.terafans.com/topic/7027-k...tail-players/?
    http://www.terafans.com/topic/7346-guide-tera-korea/?
    http://www.terafans.com/topic/9459-g...ng-in-korean/?

typing in korean...
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...input-language ADD [KOREAN -> MICROSOFT IME]
    http://www.branah.com/korean GUIDE ON HOW TO TYPE KOREAN

To get an account, just google get koreana tera account or something...

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I know where/how to get one, I just don't know how to decipher the han game site.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Linfy View Post
    BAMs are a slang that was invented randomly by someone in the english community just not long ago. Not suprised
    Scapes seems like a nice guy, I feel bad for him though, he gets asked "So when is TERA coming out ?" like 1000 times a day..lol

I still think it will be a Nov. release date. Enmasse is still having their internal testing, and will have a production chat scheduled for Fri. Sept.16. So the earliest we will hear of any news will be in Sept.

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

How exactly does PKing work on a PvE server vs. a PvP server?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

No PK option on PVE servers.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

BAM has been official from the get-go.

Scapes doesn't know what the fuck TERA is. I call him out all the time and he hides. No surprise.

TSB

Quote Originally Posted by Cayos View Post
    How exactly does PKing work on a PvE server vs. a PvP server?
    No PK option on PVE servers.
    Only death-matches and duels that are consensual.

TSB

BAM has been official from the get-go.

Scapes doesn't know what the fuck TERA is. I call him out all the time and he hides. No surprise.
    Word.
    But with the TERAfans interview stating that external testing for the 5 sec declaration system being in the fall....I would imagine betas would come after...

At this point I'm HOPING for a December release.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
    Word.
    But with the TERAfans interview stating that external testing for the 5 sec declaration system being in the fall....I would imagine betas would come after...

At this point I'm HOPING for a December release.
    I don't mind really, as I'm playing K-TERA, but it could also mean patching in? Test servers? You never know. I'm assuming the amount of PVP servers will be very little, so they can just open up a PTS for anyone to try while the game is live already.

Or it could mean an end of the year release, yeah.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

gosh, I obviously have all the wrong info. If you wana know whats not true, just ask me!