+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 207 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
    This was left out of Kachikos post but this was stated before they took questions.

"Welcome to July's TERA Production Chat! With us today are a pair of producers: Chris Hager and Stefan Ramirez.

Before we kick things off a couple of notes and an announcement. Beta and release questions won't be addressed here. That's because...

We're going to talk about both of those things elsewhere very soon. We'll give everyone a big heads-up when we do."

interestttinggg
    Probably at Gamescom or at Pax in August is my bet.

Just have to get through the Dog days of summer..lol

TSB

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    Probably at Gamescom or at Pax in August is my bet.

Just have to get through the Dog days of summer..lol
    Yeah, I was thinking gamescom.

God damn, would that be a breath of fresh air for this game.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

PAX gonna be big like last year's. Don't be surprised if they announce a testing date and NA content info there.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Wrote up all the racial skills from personal experience, since there's a lot of BS info out there.

--------------------------------------

Human:

Expert Duelist (Active Skill): Increases resistance in PVP by 50% for 3 minutes.

Will of Humans (Passive Skill): Reduces damage taken in PVP by 10% when HP is dropped below 30%.

High Elf:

Activate Core (Active Skill): Instantly restores 100% of your MP.

Core's Blessing (Passive Skill): When resurrected, you get an MP regeneration buff.

Castanic:

Runic Awakening (Active): Increases movement speed in combat by 30 for 3 minutes. When knocked down, the effect disappears and your reaction time is increased by 20%.

Master of Ambush (Passive): Increases critical chance by 1% when attacking from behind.

Acrobatic (Passive): Decreases fall damage by 50%.

Aman:

Veteran Fighter (Active): Lowers the chance to get knocked down/paralyzed by 70% for 30 seconds.

Descendant of Davan (Passive): Reduces damage taken by 10% when HP is dropped below 30%.

Strength (Passive): Increases resilience to status ailments by 10.

Popori/Elin:

Friend of Nature (Active): Reduces movement speed by 40%, but allows you to run by elites undetected. When attacked, the effect disappears. Cannot be used in battle.

Joy of traveling (Active): Increases movement speed by 20 when out of battle for 3 minutes.

Child of the Lake (Passive): Increases swimming speed by 50%.

Baraka:

Nature Fuse (Active): Instantly restores 100% of your HP.

Optimist (Passive): Does not allow for your condition to drop below 20%.

Keeping Calm (Passive): Raises resilience to movement impairing effects by 10.

--------------------------------------

Edit: There's also a crafting or gathering racial for every class, but they're nothing worth mentioning since none of them actually increase the success rate.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What does that mean?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post

What does that mean?
    I would think it means that your Stamina can't drop below 20%. In TERA as you fight , your physical condition(stamina) decreases over time. So as your stamina goes down, your hp/mp buff becomes less effective. Your physical condition is represented by your stamina meter. If you notice in videos there is a big Heart under your Hp/Mp bar.

Ask Foxer or someone on what exactly stamina does for your HP/Mp, I just know the basics.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    I would think it means that your Stamina can't drop below 20%. In TERA as you fight , your physical condition(stamina) decreases over time. So as your stamina goes down, your hp/mp buff becomes less effective. Your physical condition is represented by your stamina meter. If you notice in videos there is a big Heart under your Hp/Mp bar.
    correct, but it's really pretty useless considering your armor/weapon values are 'broken' at 20% anyway, purple potions give you full% (which you should be using after you die if you're mid fight)
    also there's like no fight that you're fighting non stop long enough that you would even hit 20% from without dying, everything else you're popping campfires anyway

and yea getting that low you'd be at like half your maximum HP/MP, and broken values on gear, I dunno how much that affects your gear though, since I've never actually
    done combat while it was broken

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Does it go up while not in combat?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

You gotta either recover it by resting or by drinking a purple pot.

0-24%: -HP/MP
    25-47%: No penalty/bonus
    48-120%: +HP/MP

Also, only when you're in the positives are you allowed to use charms(purchasable party buffs).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So for somebody who has yet to play this, would it be wrong to compare it to PSO in some combat aspects?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

PSO is more like C9. TERA is more like DN.

The fact that it's actually open world and free target changes everything if you ask me.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Is stamina something that plays a big part in dungeons or do people just generally stack drinks? What about soloing, is resting the better option I assume?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    Is stamina something that plays a big part in dungeons or do people just generally stack drinks? What about soloing, is resting the better option I assume?
    since charms (party buffs) only last 15min, generally you'll pop a campfire before a boss to rest up/pop charms/rebuff
    and potions are pretty much an after you die thing, since if you run in to fight a boss right after you've died you're gonna get 1shot by anything

stamina decreases faster the more damage you take, so obviously in dungeons it's going to drop faster, so in parties you get hit A LOT less/less damage, so yea your stamina wont drop as fast
    typically you'd probably hit about 120>80% or so after around 20min~ in an xp party, you'd probably start to rest then, I guess it would take about 2mins before you'd get close to full(or full) again

purple potions are pretty common to get from drops, but to buy on our server they're 45k ea, where as campfires are 2k from vendor so, cheaper to campfire unless you're in combat in a group

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Purple pots are more for emergency, hence the price. If you're fighting a boss and your main DPS dies. You res him and he should pop a purple pot, as opposed to waiting the 5 minutes it takes to recover around 100% heart.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

the EME folks will be at comic con w/ TERA on display and stuffs. Will try to pick their brain for any info

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    the EME folks will be at comic con w/ TERA on display and stuffs. Will try to pick their brain for any info
    Good luck with that.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

double post, thanks lag. :<

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Latency.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Pleeeeeeeeeaaaasssse get a difficulty on nest/lab/tower nerf question in there. I wanna know what they have in mind for that. They'll dance around it, but you gotta pretend to know you know more than them so they can feel intimidated enough to answer!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is there "alliances" (aka. Raids) in Tera? And if so; is there any end-game dungeons which requires a raid?