+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 207 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level

Yeah. Noticeably harder, but 15% higher drop rate.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I remember looking at this a long time ago and then forgetting about it since it was so far from being released stateside but now that I am MMO-less this looks quite promising.

When does it look for a NA release? A quick glance says around Q3/Q4 this year.

Also as far as the combat is concerned is it more bursty like Aion was or more battle of attrition in both pve and pvp?

Trying to get an idea of it all.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

When you say bursty like Aion are you referring to throw bodies, tank and spank, etc?

Since it's a collision based system there is no "lock on," your moves need to connect like in Devil May Cry and such games. You have to aim everything. It's not like XI, Rift, or others where you targeted a mob and as long as it dint run out of the range you hit it.
    You can't throw bodies at stuff because usually you only have one healer, raise scrolls that everyone can carry are on 20 min recast so if you wipe you gotta run back to the dungeon while mob regens or give up.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Syntex View Post
    When does it look for a NA release? A quick glance says around Q3/Q4 this year.
    I'll go post whats been said about this in the info thread too, but basically BHS (creators) said a while ago their goal was to release J-Tera in summer, following a month later with NA testing then release.

J-Tera is going retail end of July and a recent blurb in an interview with EME said that they were "on schedule". Thus, its' likely to believe that we'll see OB sometime in Aug/Sept and release thereafter (which I think Foxer mentioned previously).

Of coruse, a growing annoyance is the lack of new info on release/beta from EME, but I suppose its all being handeled as the company sees best. They really want a solid game release (including open testing) so I can see why they are guarding their plans carefully.

When info is available you can bet it will be all over these forums almost instantly. These days there are quite a few people who are watching Tera sites for such info.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Cian View Post
    When you say bursty like Aion are you referring to throw bodies, tank and spank, etc?
    I played a ranger in Aion and I could burst someone down pretty quick if I use my abilities in the right order. What I'm talking about is if say X class jumps me after a fight and I'm like 80% will I be dead or can I actually fight back? What I'm asking is really if you can 2shot people or if battles between people actually go on for a while. I like the fast paced action that you can kill quickly but at the same time some classes in other games are instant loss if you run into them and that's what I want to avoid. I like wows pacing but something a little faster would be nice.

EDIT: As far as the release date there seems to be a lot of stuff coming out soon. We have D3, Tera, Star Wars all planned for later this year and I don't want to hop around to say the least. Tera sounds interesting enough with the manual targeting system but I want something to play now dammit lol.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Oh ok I see what you mean. Yeah, since it is a faster paced game the pvp is a bit so as well. It's not nearly as bad as Aion though, I know exactly what you're referring to in regards to Ranger...

I didn't play too much of WoW so I can't really make a comparison. Battles tend to last longer in Tera though from what I have seen, there are the hard hitting classes such as Sorcerer, Berserker and Archer and with even to even gear, they're unable to one shot you, or two shot you, etc. They also made sure there are ways around avoiding their hard hitting attacks if you know what you're doing. Also, I'd say you definitely still stand a chance if you're caught off guard, but not so much if you get ganked while fighting a bam. But that's not surprising.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Yea sounds good. I love ganking and world PvP, to me nothing is more fun then having a battle anywhere. WoW killed world PvP and I've been looking ever since. I loved Aion's PvP but I want something new as that got old with the grind.

EDIT: Since looking at your sig you seem to know quite a lot about the game so I did want to ask you. How are the Rogue type class? I just looked at the video on the other thread and it was all in korean but from your experiences fighting them how do they hold up and what cool things can they do? That and a ranged class are usually my class of choice.

EDIT2: Looking at the official site I guess I'm talking about the Warrior.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Slayer>Rogue lul

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I was looking for a stealth class but I don't think this game has one from a quick overview of the classes on the main site.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Slayer>Rogue lul
    As you pictured it and as I perceived it, Slayer is the wet dream of rogue: backstab with 2handed sword.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Syntex View Post
    I was looking for a stealth class but I don't think this game has one from a quick overview of the classes on the main site.
    You're right – there's no stealth mechanic in TERA.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Show me a 54.5% Slayer with 50 ping, and tell me there's a better DPS class in any single video game out there. lol

Online or off.

07 Soboro SAM wut?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Warrior's getting another buff, if my sources aren't lying to me!

Another DPS buff and you guys might just get your DW DPS class.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Warrior has a LV42, 15 meter move that teleports behind you, damages you and stuns you at the same time. Slayer just got that move with a 10 meter distance and bind, instead of stun, and at LV56, as opposed to LV42.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Warrior has a LV42, 15 meter move that teleports behind you, damages you and stuns you at the same time. Slayer just got that move with a 10 meter distance and bind, instead of stun, and at LV56, as opposed to LV42.
    Can't say I'm not happy for warriors wannabe. Not too excited regarding slayer.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

There really isn't specifically a Rogue class in the game unfortunately. Slayer and Warrior would be the closest though, they both wear light armor(leather) and have somewhat similar abilities (Dashes, stuns, stabs) and both are great for soloing. However Warrior which is the dual wielding class is a tank, while Slayer in a DPS class.

They've been making changes to Warrior in the past few patches in order for it to be utilized as a hybrid DPS/tank class since Lancer was a preferred tank over it. They receive self buffs which allow them to either spec in DPS or tanking, but not both at the same time. They're receiving another buff in an upcoming patch, so we'll see what they add to it then. Right now though as they stand they're a good tank, but that's very dependent on the player. Their DPS is decent, but if you're looking for a DPS class to fill a spot in a group, it'd be a better option to choose an actual DPS class. They're awesome in pvp due to their many dodges and stuns and with their fast hits, they interrupt other players a lot. All in all, how things stand with them right now I'd only recommend them if you want to play a tanking class.

Slayer uses a GSword and is a high end DPS class. They're not as hard hitting as some of the other classes, but their attacks are faster and much more mobile. Slayer has a high knock-down rate, which makes them a favorable choice in dungeons and other pve content. They have access to one dodge roll and two stuns and a movement speed buff which helps them maneuver around mobs more easily . They're regarded as a great class as well in pvp. They have a ranged attack which is good to interrupt casters at a distance and a teleport-behind move like Warrior does but binds instead of stuns.

Honestly, every class in Tera has something awesome about them. My best suggestion is trying them all out to get a feel for what feels best and more fun.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Any updates regarding the other classes?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Nah, the balances so far have been nothing but good news, but nothing new outside of this possible ninja buff to Warriors. The Berserker buffs are sufficient enough to make them compete with even Slayers, and they're now definitely a viable 1V1 class. Archer got another nasty DPS skill, most classes got some sort of a single target CC skill followup in PVP, ETC.

Shit's good. Another few months and I can see TERA PVP being as close to balanced as I can imagine it to be. As long as they get all their shit straight by the time we start invading servers, I'm happy waiting and sufficiently pleased with what it's offering right now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arista Flora
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Nah, the balances so far have been nothing but good news, but nothing new outside of this possible ninja buff to Warriors. The Berserker buffs are sufficient enough to make them compete with even Slayers, and they're now definitely a viable 1V1 class. Archer got another nasty DPS skill, most classes got some sort of a single target CC skill followup in PVP, ETC.

Shit's good. Another few months and I can see TERA PVP being as close to balanced as I can imagine it to be. As long as they get all their shit straight by the time we start invading servers, I'm happy waiting and sufficiently pleased with what it's offering right now.
    They'd have to fix crits in PVP to achieve total balance. atm it's safe to say, dps class crits = gg.