+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 207 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Can you solo NMs (BAMs or w/e they're called) like RDM in FFXI? Or are they all group-only to kill?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by stewie View Post
    Can you solo NMs (BAMs or w/e they're called) like RDM in FFXI? Or are they all group-only to kill?
    I've read lots of threads that it is possible to solo Elites and BAMS as a Lancer, Warrior or Bersek. But you need the right set up and good skills. I'm sure someone like Foxer can give more insight.

Here is a video of Steparu soloing. He gets his Hp below 50% so his crystal effects will proc lancer damage.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

A lot of bams are solo friendly. Some more so for ranged dps, others for melee. Lancer solo is pretty slow, Berserker and Slayer fastest, and Warrior not too far behind them. Only class that I can think of having a difficult time would be Priest. Other classes are more than capable, it would just be a long/longer fight.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    ugh that ping is such bullshit, dooooo wanttttttttt

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

More than 58? :3 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

So, I guess it's safe to assume then if these campaigns unlock instances, there is one for each particular instance? Also, what is the lotting like in TERA? Is it similar to what WoW had? (Need/Greed etc.) Wasn't sure how that worked, as I see stuff drops to the ground after the mob dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    So, I guess it's safe to assume then if these campaigns unlock instances, there is one for each particular instance? Also, what is the lotting like in TERA? Is it similar to what WoW had? (Need/Greed etc.) Wasn't sure how that worked, as I see stuff drops to the ground after the mob dies.
    You can set it that everything is FFA or "class specific." Class specific only allows the classes that are able to equip the piece lot.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    So, I guess it's safe to assume then if these campaigns unlock instances, there is one for each particular instance?
    correct, following the campaign(story line) will take you through all the instances, there's also side quests inside the instances for xp/gold

Best thing about quests in TERA is that repeatable quests stack, so if you get a quest lets say that's "go kill 10 monsters" it will go above that. So you can go kill 100 monsters and it will say on your counter 100/10 and you can turn it in 10 times in one sitting.

tol

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    Best thing about quests in TERA is that repeatable quests stack, so if you get a quest lets say that's "go kill 10 monsters" it will go above that. So you can go kill 100 monsters and it will say on your counter 100/10 and you can turn it in 10 times in one sitting.
    This was infact one of the best parts about the quests. I really loved that.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I really hope they do a better job at keeping bots/RMT banned than what they're doing in KR, the fact there's zones full of lv58 RMT blatantly full time pos hacking to mobs is ridiculous

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by tol View Post
    So awesome, awesome D:

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arista Flora
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by tol View Post
    It's now capped to 10 turn ins only.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I went to this website:

http://www.nightside.fr/fr/guides.html

And saw that each class has different paths, similar to other MMOs, which I haven't seen too many people talk about yet.

However, the site does not seem to make it clear if you actually get to choose which path you want to follow. As I increase my level on the site's (character builder?), the site auto selects abilities for me. So it kind of looks like it is just showing what abilities I get each level.

I realize there are glyphs as well that let you customize your character but can anyone explain the significance of the ability paths? Or is it meaningless since you don't choose your abilities as you level?

Thanks!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arista Flora
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kupo View Post
    I went to this website:

http://www.nightside.fr/fr/guides.html

And saw that each class has different paths, similar to other MMOs, which I haven't seen too many people talk about yet.

However, the site does not seem to make it clear if you actually get to choose which path you want to follow. As I increase my level on the site's (character builder?), the site auto selects abilities for me. So it kind of looks like it is just showing what abilities I get each level.

I realize there are glyphs as well that let you customize your character but can anyone explain the significance of the ability paths? Or is it meaningless since you don't choose your abilities as you level?

Thanks!
    There are no skill paths or trees. That site is just attempting to make it.. graphical. However, like you said if you click Glyph mode each skill's glyphs will pop next to it for you to choose/plan your build.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ahh, I was afraid it was something like that. Thanks Cloudius.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

NA-TERA Guild

Hey Foxer, I'm interest in playing Tera and would like to join your guild. Only three classes I would play are Lancer, Warrior, & Archer. I would love to tank & help out. =D

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Reck|ess View Post
    Hey Foxer, I'm interest in playing Tera and would like to join your guild. Only three classes I would play are Lancer, Warrior, & Archer. I would love to tank & help out. =D
    I take it you missed the whole seperate Tera guild thread stickied at the top of the forum?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Sorry. Foxer told me to post something on Discussion Thread.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post

This x10000. There's some days where I just want to mindlessly grind, or get something from one of those quests, and the fact that you don't have to run back and forth to the npc after every completion is one of the best things I've seen in a MMO seriously.