+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 207 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 4129
  1. #41
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,751
    BG Level
    6

    Can you solo NMs (BAMs or w/e they're called) like RDM in FFXI? Or are they all group-only to kill?

  2. #42
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,131
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Quote Originally Posted by stewie View Post
    Can you solo NMs (BAMs or w/e they're called) like RDM in FFXI? Or are they all group-only to kill?
    I've read lots of threads that it is possible to solo Elites and BAMS as a Lancer, Warrior or Bersek. But you need the right set up and good skills. I'm sure someone like Foxer can give more insight.

    Here is a video of Steparu soloing. He gets his Hp below 50% so his crystal effects will proc lancer damage.




  3. #43
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    173
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    A lot of bams are solo friendly. Some more so for ranged dps, others for melee. Lancer solo is pretty slow, Berserker and Slayer fastest, and Warrior not too far behind them. Only class that I can think of having a difficult time would be Priest. Other classes are more than capable, it would just be a long/longer fight.

  4. #44
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    383
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    ugh that ping is such bullshit, dooooo wanttttttttt

  5. #45
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    173
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    More than 58? :3 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

  6. #46
    Ara Ara...
    I used to have shit taste in anime until I took and Uryuu to the knee.

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,610
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

    So, I guess it's safe to assume then if these campaigns unlock instances, there is one for each particular instance? Also, what is the lotting like in TERA? Is it similar to what WoW had? (Need/Greed etc.) Wasn't sure how that worked, as I see stuff drops to the ground after the mob dies.

  7. #47

    Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    So, I guess it's safe to assume then if these campaigns unlock instances, there is one for each particular instance? Also, what is the lotting like in TERA? Is it similar to what WoW had? (Need/Greed etc.) Wasn't sure how that worked, as I see stuff drops to the ground after the mob dies.
    You can set it that everything is FFA or "class specific." Class specific only allows the classes that are able to equip the piece lot.

  8. #48
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    383
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    So, I guess it's safe to assume then if these campaigns unlock instances, there is one for each particular instance?
    correct, following the campaign(story line) will take you through all the instances, there's also side quests inside the instances for xp/gold

  9. #49

    Best thing about quests in TERA is that repeatable quests stack, so if you get a quest lets say that's "go kill 10 monsters" it will go above that. So you can go kill 100 monsters and it will say on your counter 100/10 and you can turn it in 10 times in one sitting.

  10. #50
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    572
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Tolan Revant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    Best thing about quests in TERA is that repeatable quests stack, so if you get a quest lets say that's "go kill 10 monsters" it will go above that. So you can go kill 100 monsters and it will say on your counter 100/10 and you can turn it in 10 times in one sitting.
    This was infact one of the best parts about the quests. I really loved that.

  11. #51
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    383
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    I really hope they do a better job at keeping bots/RMT banned than what they're doing in KR, the fact there's zones full of lv58 RMT blatantly full time pos hacking to mobs is ridiculous

  12. #52
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,552
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by tol View Post
    This was infact one of the best parts about the quests. I really loved that.
    So awesome, awesome D:

  13. #53
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    743
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Arista Flora
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by tol View Post
    This was infact one of the best parts about the quests. I really loved that.
    It's now capped to 10 turn ins only.

  14. #54
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    72
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I went to this website:

    http://www.nightside.fr/fr/guides.html

    And saw that each class has different paths, similar to other MMOs, which I haven't seen too many people talk about yet.

    However, the site does not seem to make it clear if you actually get to choose which path you want to follow. As I increase my level on the site's (character builder?), the site auto selects abilities for me. So it kind of looks like it is just showing what abilities I get each level.

    I realize there are glyphs as well that let you customize your character but can anyone explain the significance of the ability paths? Or is it meaningless since you don't choose your abilities as you level?

    Thanks!

  15. #55
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    743
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Arista Flora
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Kupo View Post
    I went to this website:

    http://www.nightside.fr/fr/guides.html

    And saw that each class has different paths, similar to other MMOs, which I haven't seen too many people talk about yet.

    However, the site does not seem to make it clear if you actually get to choose which path you want to follow. As I increase my level on the site's (character builder?), the site auto selects abilities for me. So it kind of looks like it is just showing what abilities I get each level.

    I realize there are glyphs as well that let you customize your character but can anyone explain the significance of the ability paths? Or is it meaningless since you don't choose your abilities as you level?

    Thanks!
    There are no skill paths or trees. That site is just attempting to make it.. graphical. However, like you said if you click Glyph mode each skill's glyphs will pop next to it for you to choose/plan your build.

  16. #56
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    72
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Ahh, I was afraid it was something like that. Thanks Cloudius.

  17. #57
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2
    BG Level
    0
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    NA-TERA Guild

    Hey Foxer, I'm interest in playing Tera and would like to join your guild. Only three classes I would play are Lancer, Warrior, & Archer. I would love to tank & help out. =D

  18. #58
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    72
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Reck|ess View Post
    Hey Foxer, I'm interest in playing Tera and would like to join your guild. Only three classes I would play are Lancer, Warrior, & Archer. I would love to tank & help out. =D
    I take it you missed the whole seperate Tera guild thread stickied at the top of the forum?

  19. #59
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2
    BG Level
    0
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Sorry. Foxer told me to post something on Discussion Thread.

  20. #60
    Little Mother
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,513
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    Best thing about quests in TERA is that repeatable quests stack, so if you get a quest lets say that's "go kill 10 monsters" it will go above that. So you can go kill 100 monsters and it will say on your counter 100/10 and you can turn it in 10 times in one sitting.

    This x10000. There's some days where I just want to mindlessly grind, or get something from one of those quests, and the fact that you don't have to run back and forth to the npc after every completion is one of the best things I've seen in a MMO seriously.

Similar Threads

  1. EU TERA Online – May 3, 2012
    By Naito in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 310
    Last Post: 2012-06-03, 15:33
  2. Information and Rules about Aion Advanced
    By Falisa in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2009-10-29, 14:22