FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

When will "Eastern" companies learn that profit flows through the "Western" countries, even if they don't like that fact?

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^ Good question. I'd wager the first one that does will make some serious bank.

If Tera is released with all the planed extra content here, I think it will have a good run. FFXI after all released a year or so later with Zilrat included for us. Next 3-6 months are make or break it imo.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

It hasn't even been out a year (officially), I need all the time I can get to clear my ridiculous backlog of games anyway, and in the meantime max out my rig. I will be ready for Tera... and waiting.

I don't think any other game is going to have me spend $35 for it's beta and say "wow that was very worth it".

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Happy New Year from En Masse Entertainment
    January 6, 2012

By Brian Knox, Senior Producer

If 2010 was the year we debuted TERA, then 2011 was the year we refined, polished, and perfected TERA to live up to the expectations we set.

The year went quickly as development milestones flew by and we moved from goal to goal. We opened 2011 with the most important event of the year—TERA's Korean launch in January. At that point, we had paying customers to whom we were accountable. For En Masse and Bluehole, this was a critical step toward becoming a global product, because our teams had to learn to balance the needs of multiple territories. It took us time to hit our stride, but we are now in sync and pushing forward, both creating new content and polishing current content. The game that launched in Korea and the game that will launch in North America are staggeringly different—we've made significant changes. Everything from game balance to all-new game features to critical security needs have finally come together. Hardcore fans like you, who've been with us since our first focus group test, will truly appreciate how far we've come—and how much your feedback has affected the game—when you get your hands on it in 2012. We've listened to you, and you'll see a finished product ready for you to play!

As the year progressed, we spread word of TERA through community and trade shows. We had a blast at each show—meeting with our fans and showing off the game to the press is always rewarding. At each and every event, we believe we created a memorable demo experience that captured the heart of what TERA is—not an easy thing to do for a vast MMO in 20 minutes. We even walked away with awards, including Game Informer's Best PC Game at E3. More importantly, though, we walked away with people talking about what a game-changer TERA really is in the MMO market.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention one of the less sexy but more critical things we accomplished over the last year. Our platform team has built something from nothing to meet the support needs of our customers. So many tools are taken for granted. The launcher, the installer, the forums, the account management system, the customer support tools, the data center build-out, security measures and serial code generation—these are the tools or systems that never get any love if they're working, but get all the blame once something goes wrong. It can be thankless work, but it's critical to the success of En Masse and TERA.

As the game, marketing, and platform come together, we believe we've created something special—a product that will raise expectations in the industry for game and service experience. It may sound cliché, but this is just the beginning. We are already focusing on what's next for TERA after launch. What content are we developing? What events should we run? How can we improve our service even further? Launch itself is critical, but preparing for those first 30, 60, and 90 days afterward is just as important.

The final leg of our journey starts today, and soon the world of TERA will open up to all who are willing to brave it. We are excited to go on this journey with each and every one of you and look forward to seeing you for the launch of TERA—and more importantly, the adventures beyond...
    lolwhat

EME so cute when they act like they run things :3

Relic Horn
    BG Level

lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level

What guild you in? I can't stand these fucking idiots on OF/TF.

TSB

I'm really getting sick of EME's bullshit.

They announced an incoming forum update, AND STILL don't give a fucking date for that. Just "soon".

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    What guild you in? I can't stand these fucking idiots on OF/TF.
    been busy over xmas so haven't been on, gonna resub in like a week, what's OF/TF?

Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
    I'm really getting sick of EME's bullshit.

They announced an incoming forum update, AND STILL don't give a fucking date for that. Just "soon".
    they gotta polishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it first

TSB

They are making me so jaded, it isn't even funny. If their customer service and content updates aren't kept up and well done....it might ruin it for me.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

yea I'm not looking forward to EME running it at all, gonna be a shame if they ruin a good game

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Officials and Terafans

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FriskUni View Post
    been busy over xmas so haven't been on, gonna resub in like a week, what's OF/TF?

they gotta polishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it first
    When was Christmas?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
    They are making me so jaded, it isn't even funny. If their customer service and content updates aren't kept up and well done....it might ruin it for me.
    Don't let the clowns at EME ruin the game they didn't create for you. Tbh I think once people start playing it, it won't matter too much wtf EME does, or claims to do as long as the updates roll out in a reasonable time.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by BGtemp View Post
    Don't let the clowns at EME ruin the game they didn't create for you. Tbh I think once people start playing it, it won't matter too much wtf EME does, or claims to do as long as the updates roll out in a reasonable time.
    exactly this, I wish more people would try KTERA so they could see how retarded EME sound with their posts

I'm really curious to see how 'staggeringly' different they actually make the NA release, I wont be surprised if it's another load of horse shit coming from them though

Quote Originally Posted by BGtemp View Post
    or claims to do as long as the updates roll out in a reasonable time.
    Pretty much. They can say all the shit they want and sell it, but if I play TERA with EME, I just want updates to be reasonably close to the original and not some 6+ month bullshit.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

NCsoon round 2?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^ Hard to say at this point, but from info about how things are supposed to be distributed/released I wouldn't think so.

Note: I didn't play AION but I know about the overly long delay in updates for the west vs Korea.

Also: I think I am spoiled from FFXI days where because of how the game was setup (shared servers) we all got updates at the same time. Sure, everyone bitched about HNM resets to Japan time, but it was pretty sweet to have updates the same day as the game's home country.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

wait so does the game even have a release date yet?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

"Spring"

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Indalecia View Post
    NCsoon round 2?
    Yup. Bought my beta access in Nov/Dec 2010, because it was supposed to release end of 2010/beginning of 2011 in KR and around March in NA. That turned into Sept 2011, then Nov/Dec 2011, now Spring 2012. Nothing's official of course, so I guess it's OK.