+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 207 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast
    Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    I saw this comment on IGN:

The problem I have with Tera is, it's instance based, which means there is no open world pvp and leveling. The only time you'll be seeing other players will be in town...
    Is the part about no open world leveling true? If so, isn't it just like Guild Wars 1?
    Um, wtf? That doesnt describe Tera at all. Someone is smoking something over at IGN. Tera does use channels to some degree but there are players in all the channels. Players are all over the place. I think there might be a few dungeons that are instanced but any instancing is a small part of the game. World bosses, world pvp etc exist.

EDIT: found the origin of that post; its from some clown who posted a reply, not an official or employee of IGN. So basically ignorant banter of postcount+

TSB

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    I saw this comment on IGN:

Is the part about no open world leveling true? If so, isn't it just like Guild Wars 1?
    Yup, complete bullshit.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

> played jp beta and saw people all the time (adding my 1 cent)

Holy shit, it's about time.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    The problem I have with Tera is, it's instance based, which means there is no open world pvp and leveling. The only time you'll be seeing other players will be in
    nothing more I love seeing than dumb fucks posting dumb fuck statements, one less retard on TERA though, works for me

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yeah if Tera has one good thing going for it is the fact it actually has open world content and a reason to be on it other than being too lazy to teleport to an instance like some certain MMOs.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

GF and I put in for beta, but I have as high of hopes for this as I did for SW:TOR. (Near 0, going to be bad, etc) Hope I can be proved wrong. =/

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Comparing TERA to SWTOR? I think a lot of us figured that game wasn't gonna be all that before it hit beta. At least with this, people on this board have been playing K for what, almost a year now?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Bro, WTF you talking about? TOR is FUCKING AWESOME. Didn't you know? If games come out at around the same time, they must be compared.

I understand how people who played K-TERA might not be excited, but anyone who hasn't played should still be eager. I'm still excited, and that will not fade until I try out the combat system and see how close MMOs can even come to real action games.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I understand how people who played K-TERA might not be excited
    I'm excited to play it in a language I can actually read.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Isn't k-terra doing awful? I remember reading most Koreans quit and went back to aion.

New Odin
    BG Level

TERA's fate is such a mindfuck. If it's so good why isn't it more popular?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

More popular here or in Korea? If you're asking about here, I think we all know the answer.

New Odin
    BG Level

Yeah Korea.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Yay, release week is the week I'm in Vegas. Fml

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    TERA's fate is such a mindfuck. If it's so good why isn't it more popular?
    I love this game, its easily the most fun my friends and I have had together in an MMO since FFXI tbh. I tried other games like GW or Rift (more just out of curousity than real intent to play) but they just didnt bring any magic to my gaming expeience. Heck, I am having a lot of fun in TOR now and I didnt even expect to pick it up, but Tera is still day 1/early access buy for me/us. It bring together so many high points for what I like in a game: graphics, gameplay, music, char design, world feelc etc.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

People already losing hope so early on, it's retarded considering it took Aion over 2 years to be localized and brought over. Tera hasn't even been out officially for a year, and people (some of my friends) just bitching so much about it. I am buried in a backlog of games including ToR to play on the side, the longer the wait, the better IMO, polish away.

How good is the controller support in Tera? Does it feel like more of an action game feel using it?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hearsay from a couple threads is its very good and has only improved over time (contoller use/versatility etc). I sound like a broken record on this, but I am super eager to try it out as I loved playing FFXI with one. Last time I played the controller support was minimal but that was 9 months ago.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    People already losing hope so early on, it's retarded considering it took Aion over 2 years to be localized and brought over. Tera hasn't even been out officially for a year, and people (some of my friends) just bitching so much about it. I am buried in a backlog of games including ToR to play on the side, the longer the wait, the better IMO, polish away.

How good is the controller support in Tera? Does it feel like more of an action game feel using it?
    Not really. Aion took 10 months to come out in the states IIRC. TERA taking 17 months. Doesn't really matter to me cuz if this game can't hold someone's attention for that long, then I'm not really interested in playing with said person anyway.

All I can say is that I recommend everyone gives it a shot before judgment. Don't really give a shit about how a game does in Korea.